2021 Kia Telluride SUV Consumer Reviews

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Decent SUV but not for $5k they immediately added

Bostondrive, 12/08/2020
S 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

SUV drove very well and lots of new updates (looked at the mid range). Once we sat down to discuss the sticker price we were informed the Kia Dealership would be adding $5000 to the sticker price because “it’s popular” and that’s what we could start negotiating from ($42,820). It’s a great deal for the maker at the sticker price but not at starting above sticker.

FABULOUS

Adam, 02/13/2021
S 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Don't let the dealers markup your vehicle, they are inflating the price as much as $10,000 if you aren't careful. Don't be afraid to shop around and walk out in you need too.

Disappointed

M.T., 03/21/2021
SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

After a 4 month wait to get my new Telluride I have become quickly dissatisfied. The car is a perfect size and rides great. When the features work I love it. Unfortunately I have had it in the shop 4 time's for the same problem. The blind spot detector doesn't work. Currently in a loaner car. I also had an emergency when the car wouldn't start. Lights were flashing. Called 2 dealership's for 2 days with out a return call. I called a roadside service for help.

Nice design, but they stick you with 20" rims

Billsnature, 09/17/2020
SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I went back and forth between Telluride and Hyundai Palisade. I liked the price and extra features in the Palisade, but just couldn't warm up to the styling. Went with Telluride and it looks more like a real SUV and I was more confident that it wouldn't have wind noise issue that seem to be common in Palisade, and it came with better tires, but still on 20" rims. My biggest issue is that if you want more of the luxury features, they force you to take the crappy 20" wheels with low profile tires. Low profile tires do not belong on an SUV! Even in the Nightfall edition, you still can't get 18" wheels and the better tire profile. Both wheel/tire combos are the same width and same rolling diameter so it would be easy for them to offer a slightly more "off-road" package with an 18" wheel and a more M/S tire like Jeep does in the Grand Cherokee, but NO! You must take the low profile tires which are prone to getting bent rims and flat tires if you take them even a few feet off road. The Telluride is a very nice design and seems like it could be more off road capable that the Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander, but sadly Kia hamstrung it with the same fashion choices that the others have by forcing 20" wheels and low profile tires with anything beyond the basic trim. The driver assist features are much better in function and implementation that the Honda or Toyota competitive products.

Exceptional !

Vic, 10/17/2020
EX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Started looking at mid-size SUV's as the lease on my Infinity QX50 was ending. After checking with Edmunds I first looked at the Honda Passport, test drove it and liked it. But when I test drove the Telluride I couldn't believe how quiet and comfortable it was. Its tech and safety features rock! I know some are upset with the "market adjustment", what some in the auto industry call a bump sticker. I took that into consideration when I decided to trade in our late model corvette, which we loved as a week-end driver, but it wasn't practical. When the Kia dealership offered more than $11k higher than any previous trade-in offer the decision was easy and the increased trade-in amount more than offset the bump sticker. I traded the 'vette against a EX 2 wheel drive Telluride in white (we live in FL) with the premium package. In addition to the bumper to bumper 5 year and 10 year 100k mile powertrain warranty the dealership extended the latter to lifetime, for free. How can anyone beat that? We've been more pleased with it than any previous new car (about 12+) that we've ever leased or owned. If you're in the market for a mid sized (closer to full size) SUV you should include the Telluride in your search...drive it and you'll be hooked.

12345...10