Used 2016 Kia Soul Wagon Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Kia Soul Wagon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

First new car in over 45 years and I like it!
By Kimberly

2016 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I shopped for a new car for 2 years before I bought my 2016 Kia. I knew nothing about it but would ask other owners their thoughts when I saw one. What stood out was the gas mileage. I am an older woman on the go with 5 rental properties so I needed something for fuel economy and roomy enough to haul small items without giving up comfort or paying an outrageous price like a truck. This sporty little car has turned out to be far more than I expected. My son who is 6'2 says he was surprised at the room and comfort. I have not ridden in the back seat so I cant review. I get around 28-32 mpg in the city and if I dont drive above the speed limit I have gotten as high as 36 mpg on the highway. Space wise....I have moved small furniture, large boxes, taken long trips with luggage and large coolers and am shocked how much this car holds. In the two years I have owned it the only repair other than the covered lifetime oil changes I get (a huge plus) was a battery failure which Kia covered under warranty. They only reason I rate the technology a 4 star is I do have problems with the bluetooth sometimes and the phone connecting to hands free but I dont know if that is the car or me the operator. I have never written a car review as I usually bought used cars and drove them until they quit but I am very please with my Kia Soul.

It’s just ok
By Jordan B

2016 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I’ve owned my vehicle for about 3 years now. I’m purchasing a larger vehicle for more space and more power. When I bought the vehicle it was brand new so the engine was a bit tight and acceleration was a bit slow. I figured after he engine got broken in it would be fine. I will say after the first year the engine was peppy, acceleration was responsive and I was averaging the epa fuel numbers. But in all honesty the car got slow again! I took it to the Kia dealership in hopes that they could run a diagnostic— however they told me this was just a characteristic of the car. Then the seat comfort is just ok. If you’re taller than 5’7 or so you might have some lumbar support issues. Driving the car everyday has become frustrating. I hit the accelerator it thinks then goes. The cargo space is non existent but I always can get all of my groceries in. I think this car is better suited for shorter drivers who maybe do more in city driving. I don’t think this car is great on the highway— or at least it’s been my experience. Again reliable car I know it’s going to start but it’s a bit slow and well kinda uncomfortable in a cramped way

can't kick a soul
By rob g

2016 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I am very satisfied can't think of anything

I have a heart and a Soul.
By Pegs

2016 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

This is a fun car with good safety features which I consider a priority. It is a dream to park in the supermarkets and shopping parking lots. It is comforting to sit up high and see everything but you aren’t sitting in a large SUV..

2016 Kia Soul Red
By Ron Franco

2016 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

It was a fun car easy to drive and park, we just got a new one today.