2017 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Love the Sorento SX AWD
By Michael Tucci

2017 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Great SUV. Beautiful in and out. Excellent quality, performance, design, features, room, comfort, warranty. Great Value Too!

Our 3rd Sorento-outstanding features for the price
By Don

2017 Kia Sorento SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Our first Sorento was an LX back in 2012 then we traded for a 2014 EX V6 and just last week traded that one for a 2017 Limited. The wife loves the fact that the Sorento can be outfitted with 3rd row seats and I love the features for the price, notwithstanding great dealer support and warranty. Our previous Sorento's have always been dependable. I almost traded our 2014 for the 2016 but it was the 1st year of the re-tooling and dealers were getting MSRP pricing plus it didn't have auto braking with the front collision warning system. Our dealer had a great price on a brand new 2017 limited and we traded. I chose the limited for several reasons: to get some of the same features our 2014 EX had (such as ventilated front seats) we had to go to the limited trim. But I also liked all the other features the limited offered so we chose this trim level. You can't get any additional options on this trim level as they are all included, except for any extra dealer options (like a cargo net, mats, etc). There are a number of great features on this car. To begin with, the sound deadening glass and underbody makes for a really quite highway ride. The interior redesign is very functional. The power seat on drivers side has many new features on lumbar support and leg extension support at front of seat. The LCD display and Navigation/Audio/Bluetooth/Climate displays are much more user friendly. It seems there are on-screen prompts to almost all functions to help you. The audio system is outstanding. The menu choices have been broadened and are extensive: you can download Yelp, Pandora is included, SirusXM Traffic, Apple Car Play and Android Auto just to mention a few. You still have the UVO system (download POI's you create on your own Smartphone or PC and Parking Minder). We love the new Android Auto. You hook up your phone via USB and you basically have Google maps and voice support at your command via the car's system. The Lane change warning is a nice feature. You still have Blind Spot monitor which we loved on our 2014. Adaptive Cruise control is really neat. You set your cruise speed and if you come up on a slower vehicle your vehicle automatically adjusts its speed to the vehicle ahead until you move out of the lane and pass which time your car goes back to the speed you originally set. The surround view cameras give you front views, backup camera with obstacle warning and cameras on underside of each outside mirror give a computer generated image of a birds eye view of your car. This is nice when parking in a tight space you can see on the screen how you are fitting between two cars or other obstacles. There is an electric parking brake on the Limited which automatically releases as you drive forward. There is also a feature called Auto Hold which when activated allows you to take your foot off the brake when waiting in a line of cars at a light or a stop sign. Once you come to a complete stop the "auto hold" holds your car just as if you have your foot on the brake, but you can relax your foot and as you step on the accelerator to move forward it automatically releases (part of the electric parking brake system). The full ceiling panorama roof remains a great feature. And of course with the 2017 model you have auto braking in advance of a frontal collision situation. Haven't tested out that yet as no way to really simulate it in a situation without risking it not "seeing" the potential frontal crash. You also have 1 USB connection port and 2 additional USB charging ports as well as 3 12v ports and one 110v port. Sunshades are on the 2nd row windows, the V6 is the only engine to go with in my opinion, and in the Limited you have heated/cooled front seats and heated 2nd row seats as well as a heated steering wheel. Yes I know that is a lot of features which some are just 'luxury' items, but at $46,000 MSRP with most dealers discounting off that, you would be hard pressed to find another vehicle with V6 and 3rd row seats with all those features at such a good price.

Our new Kia Sorento is great
By Dave C

2017 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

My Wife and I just purchased this Kia Sorento V6 AWD with the SX trim level in a beautiful red. This was a demonstrator with about 2800 miles on it so we got a great discount from the $45,000+ price. We originally were talking with the dealer about a lower EX trim level model but we were able to negotiate for this higher trim level at about the same price as the lower EX trim because it was a demonstrator. This is a fantastic car with the safety and technology packages on it. One of the coolest features is the smart cruise control which maintains the distance from the car in front of you even down to a full stop. The lane keeping alert is also very helpful. The UVo voice activation feature is nice so you don't have to take your eyes off the road to tune the radio or make a call. The ride is very comfortable and quiet even on rough roads and at high Interstate speeds. The leather power seats have multi position adjustments which are quite comfortable and these happen to be heated and cooled. The only nitpick is that there is no daytime running lights feature and the lights don't come on automatically with the wipers. Kia engineers should fix this. Otherwise this car is great. It gets high ratings from Consumer Reports, Kelly Blue Book and J D Power. The Kia warranty is an industry leader. The value Kia puts in this vehicle is tremendous. The features on this car can be had on vehicles twice the price. This is the first NEW car we have had in our 40 year marriage and we are very satisfied with it.

my best car yet
By doug oleary

2017 Kia Sorento SUV L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned several [6] suv's in the past 12 years. all were 4 cyl this is my 2nd sorento. the 2015 model was very good, but this is better.

Fits like a Glove!
By Me Carr

2017 Kia Sorento SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I did my research and test drove almost every mid-size SUV under $50,000. After a year of looking, I kept coming back to the Kia Sorento SX Limited AWD. It fits my needs like a glove made just for me. It's sporty, sexy, luxurious yet still has the power to tow 5,000 lbs and cargo space to help a friend move or bring lumber home from the hardware store. The Sorento has the best turning diameter out of all the SUVs - do a donut (slowly, of course) and feel the difference it makes turning into a parking space! I'm a little short and if I had two wishes to make it better - it would be to reduce the height of getting in and out of the vehicle and changing the driver's seat headrest, minor details for such an amazing SUV.