Used 2011 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews - 317 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Best SUV I’ve owned
By Jim Reeder

2011 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We had a 2009 Mazda suv. It lost control in a rain storm & flipped over rolling over 3 times. Too top heavy & marrow wheel base. We test drive every suv on the market. We chose the Kia because of price & warranty. Now have 98,,000 miles on it. Change oil every 5,000 miles with full synthetic Castrol oil & Wix filter. So far no other problems with anything. Doesn’t use any oil between changes. Brakes 1/2 worn. Best car I’ve ever owned.

Kia Sorrento - 2011 - Love my Kia!
By Bobbie Bruce

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was hesitant in purchasing my Kia Sorrento as 2011 was the first year for the revamped model, but I have no regrets. I love the easy handling, interior and exterior the Sorrento. I only have two negatives: 1). Gas Mileage - it can be a gas hog, which is not good with the price of fuel these days and 2). Nav Systems - I do not think we should have to pay to have it upgraded. With so much construction going on and businesses coming and going it should be on a satellite service. What is the point to pay extra for navagation when you result to using your phone all of the time? Kia, please look at my two concerns. Other than that I absolutely love Kia and will most likely purchase again!

Carr roll over, NO PROBLEM
By Y. Weeks

2011 Kia Sorento 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My 2011 Kia Sorento is THE to be in if unfortunate to be in a roll-on r accident!!! A car hit my right passenger side of car do hard it flipped over two times. The car landed upside down, next to fire hydrant. The seat belt held me tightly in place as I rolled. When they pulled me out, I didn't have a single scratch and walked away. All air bags deployed except steering wheel. Not sure why that one didn't. I'm not complaining. I felt safe through it all. I called it the tank before accident.its a sound car.

Watch their GPS, Mapnsoft sytem
By herb whiteway

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am very happy with my 2011 Sorento. I have only about 40,000 miles. The only thing I am really unhappy about is the gps system. It takes me on routes that are sometimes double the shortest route which I get using Garmin with my other vehicle. The phone service is also spotty. I purchased an upgrade, thinking it would help improve performance, but sadly it was just the same. Not good if you depend on your GPS to get you somewhere in the most efficient way. When I contacted them about it, they did not think that the GPS giving a route that took twice as long was a big deal. But come on!!. The whole purpose of the GPS is to make the journey better. Very unhappy with the upgrade, which cost about $170.00, I asked them if I could reset my system and return their upgrade. They declined. I would not purchase another upgrade from them and would not purchase another Kia or Hyundai as long as this is the system and the service they provide at mapnsoft. If I were purchasing a vehicle without GPS, then these are really good value.

Sporty and comfortable all in one
By Rob Townsend

2011 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just be certain a mid-size SUV is what you really want, I personally like everything about this vehicle