Used 2007 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Sorento for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

Workhorse

llr1313, 07/25/2015
4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new at year end 2007. Still going strong in 2015 at 215,000 miles. I have hit 2 dear and ridden the poorly maintained roads in the Southeast. I've put two sets of tires and 1 set of brakes. 0 dealer maintenance. (maybe that's the secret).

125,000 Major Engine Fail

ffenwick, 08/20/2013
EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Followed the recommended timing change and water pump replacement at a KIA dealer in Fair Lawn, NJ SUV developed starting problems, rough engine idle, then loud noises and violent shaking motions in the engine. Dealer in TN diagnosed broken timing change with metal fragments in the engine, requiring engine replacement. Opted to sell vehicle for parts rather than the expense of repair. There was a class action lawsuit regarding this problem with the 3.8 L engine. The class action was ultimately denied. This was my second Kia Sorento. This will be my last KIA.

Good car but had problems

Chezjuan, 07/02/2010
LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I like the body style, passenger and cargo space, and power of the 2007 Kia Sorento, but I have issues with the quality of the car. Not only were there two recalls that affected the safety (front seat airbag sensor, stop lamp switch) but my car had several engine problems. Also, the OEM battery would not hold a charge and had to be replaced within 6 months.The biggest problem was that the car would refuse to start intermittently - the engine wasn't getting fuel. To get it to start, I would have to pull the fuel pump relay and replace it, then the car would work fine. After a year of trying to fix that (under warranty), the car started cutting out when driving so I replaced it.

Still happy after a year and a half

Mcubed, 07/14/2010
LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '07 Sorento as a "demo/leftover" in '09 - I have a gut feeling it was originally a lemon- law vehicle (a leftover almost 2 years after model year end?) BUT I now have just shy of 35,000 and it's had 2 problems; an o2 sensor failed and a goofy hesitation issue @ 1500 RPM. Just about to do the brakes. Other than the 2 minor (fixed under warranty) issues - GREAT VEHICLE

Never again

eo64, 07/10/2013
LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

105K miles and it threw a rod, now it's as worthless as that 10 year /100K mile warranty. Never missed an overpriced, scheduled maintenance or 30K mile service. A lot of good it did me.

12345...15