2021 Kia Seltos SUV Consumer Reviews

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

Comfortable roomy interior, and nice cargo area.

CAMPJEEP, 04/14/2020
SX 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I have always been a Jeep owner and will miss the Jeep family. I started out to get a Jeep Compass Limited for my retirement vehicle (since I don't go off-roading anymore). For what I payed for my new 2021 Kia sx turbo I got so much more than expected in value for the cost, like when sitting in the the roomy interior of the kia (I am 6 foot tall, 240 lb ), the styling their with the 10.3-inch navigation screen, all the driver-assistance tech, the Bose premium 8 speaker sound system looks and sounds very nice. Even the speaker grills are shaped like mountains when sitting in there, those comfortable seats for my long legs. Kias warranty. Looking at the exterior I noticed the wheels, the attention to detail in the front and the rear styling, fit and finish of the exterior, the 28% approach and departure angles (OK) not so much for the plastic skid plates front and rear. But it dose make it look a little rugged-looking though. The power from 0 to 60, and that (center differential lock) and torque vectoring for this price point. I wanted to mention the best in class braking 60 to 0, this is just my opinion only. (The 235 tires might have something to do with that.) I am impressed with the ride and how it handles on the rough back roads, there are some pavements that are louder than others but 95% of the time it is very good for its class, it has 235 tires with 18 inch rims and is not as quiet as my 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland (Hemi) ha ha but is almost half the price and I am retired now. It dose get twice the millage though... Remember the tires have a lot to do with road noise, stopping distance, handling and ride, (the width of the tire, its sidewall height and tread compound).

Goldilocks is pleased!

James, 10/16/2020
LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I was looking for a small SUV, but one with decent cargo space. Bigger SUV's were out of my price range and all the sub-compacts were too small. I was looking for a decent size crossover and I found it in the Seltos. It's got the room i was looking for, a nice ride, AWD, and all the accessories I need and none I don't. If you're 6'2" or above it might be cramped but other than that I it just works. So far, I love this thing. Update: with snow tires it really handled the winter conditions with no problems. I found it to be as good as my old Subaru in the snow. 4k miles in and still loving it.

Great CUV For The Price

JAM520, 10/27/2020
S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my Seltos for six months and have only put 2,200 miles on it. It’s a great CUV for the price. I opted for the FWD S as I live in sunny Arizona and rarely drive on non-paved roads or in snow. The Seltos drives great and offers a number of advanced safety features. I do wish it offered LED headlights and blind-spot monitoring on all trims. I turned off lane keep assist as it was annoying, and disengage the auto start/stop every time I start the vehicle for the same reason. While I’m happy to have the option to turn off auto start/stop, I wish I didn’t have to do this every time I start the vehicle. Similarly, the Seltos defaults back to Normal driving mode with each restart which is also annoying if you want to drive and stay in Smart or Sport mode. I do love the Apple CarPlay integration and find it intuitively easy to navigate the entire infotainment system. The Seltos drives smooth and I think it’s very quiet on the highway. Acceleration is more than adequate in my opinion, too, as the S is non-turbo. While I wish there was an option to add a cover to the hatch area, I have found the interior cabin to be very spacious and I like the utility of the adjustable cargo floor. I especially love the overall look of the Seltos, especially in Neptune Blue (the color of mine), Starbright Yellow, or Mars Orange. Despite the number of things I wish the Seltos had, I love it and would buy it again today. Definitely worth checking out and cross shopping if considering a CUV.

Still great after over a year of ownership.

Bill J, 03/15/2020
S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Soul in 2016 when my Hyundai Elantra Touring was starting to ride a bit rough. A few weeks ago, I took it in for an oil change, and foolishly stuck around at the dealership. Naturally I had to waste some time by roaming around the showroom. Never knew the Seltos existed, but when I saw it, I thought 'oh crap, this is exactly the car I wanted when I bought my Soul.' You see, the only gripe I had about the Soul was the lack of cargo space, and the Seltos, while still small, had ample space for my needs (ie. could fit my golf clubs with the seats up). Within a few days, I had one to replace the Soul. Took a bit of searching to find the one I wanted (a FWD 'S' trim in 'Mars Orange'), but I found it in another state about on hour and a half away. So far, it fits the bill perfectly. I think it rides a bit smoother than the Soul, but not as smoothly as my wife's Suby Crosstrek. If it performs as well as the Soul did, I plan on keeping it for a while. I just need to avoid waiting at the dealership during oil changes. Update 3/22/21 - Just got back from a road trip from PA to Florida and back with the Seltos, and still loving it. Driver's seat is very comfortable, and I had no problem with the 15 hr drive. The 'lane following assist' was great for saving some energy, though it truly is just an assist. Not sure it reads yellow lane markings well, as it tended to drift at times, and would not have held the lane had I not been steering. Road noise was pronounced on some surfaces (like 'oil and chip'), but I found it acceptable. Very versatile vehicle, and I still don't see one better in its class. My son's GF has a Kona, and it is very nice, but doesn't have nearly the cargo space of the Seltos.

Love my Seltos S Turbo!!

Land baron , 02/16/2020
S 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Just bought new Seltos a week ago. Love this vehicle. AWD, turbo engine, awesome styling and interior and less than $26000.....you have to check this SUV out. Has plenty of front and rear seat leg room. Getting 31mpg hwy 27 city.

12345...13