Skip to main content

Used Sedona for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...36

Pros
Cons
4.5 out of 5 stars

It wouldn't die!

therangerman, 08/19/2014
2004 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Living in Canada, our winters are hard on cars. This van would not die! I bought this van with 250,000km on it and I ran it until 450,000km it was still running strong but I hit a moose going 110km an hour and it destroyed the van. Every year we would haul a 4500pound trailer all the way around Ontario and it never really hurt the van. Even though every year the rear heater lines would rot out there was nothing really done other than regular maintenance. The a/c stopped working after hitting my second deer. But other than those things you could run this van through hell and it wouldn't even get a scratch I even took it muding once. good job Kia you built a bullet proof tank

3.75 out of 5 stars

Still going strong at 120,000 miles.

frugal_driver, 08/28/2012
2004 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have previously posted here as FRUGAL DRIVER (see below). This van, bought in 07 with 64K, is still going strong as a half ton hauler and work van. Today its going 750 miles (and back in three days) in my wife's hands to take KID MARK I to university for the first time. Had a/c fixed--damage inflicted on a hose by an idiot. Now that the OBAMA CAFE rules have effectively removed small pickups (Chev 10, Ford Ranger) & the old vans (ASTRO etc) from the US market, what are you doing to drive? This van will haul a half ton well. It takes abuse if you maintain it well. Drive it gently. This vehicle was originally built as a light truck for the S. Korean Army (02-06 model). Its tuff.

4.63 out of 5 stars

We put A LOT of miles on this van!

rockscryout, 01/07/2014
2004 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Over 180,000 miles on this van and still going. I keep changing the oil and it keeps going! I've had to replace the water pump twice and the coil packs went out so we replaced those. Air conditioner worked well up 'til last summer. The suspension doesn't seem to be that great and I haven't sprung to replace the struts although the van needs it-- but really, how many more miles am I going to be able to put on it? I'm really happy with it over all.

Family in action

George Byrum, 09/08/2016
2004 Kia Sedona LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Faithful to its duty. Its a KIA. If you wanted a sports car, you wouldn't be reading this.

1 out of 5 stars

4.38 out of 5 stars

Best low cost to maintain & value mini-van I ever had!

sushiray, 07/26/2011
2004 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2004 EX till recently it was totaled in a rear end collision. Gr8 ride, gr8 comfort, gr8 entertainment system, gr8 value! Front wheel drive makes all the difference, plenty of room for carting kids or Home Depot supplies. Gr8 acceleration & driving stability. Only knock is the gas mileage was not very good but I changed my driving technique & went from 16mpg to almost 20 (19.8)mpg!

12345...36