Used 2013 Kia Rio Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Rio Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

Great little car
By David o

2013 Kia Rio Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I got mine in 2013...and still driving..I have already 71.000 milles on it and the only thing I spend :a new set of tires and in total 7 oil changes since I bought this car....is great in the city...and drives good in hwy......only complaint is the tired light always pop out all times..so yes I put air on the tires every other month..make sure is ok....but I'm the only 1 with that problem so I'm used to this situation...but I admit that I'm not the best driver....but I have other cars before...and to be honest this little bug is a great car.

Rita rio
By Mary

2013 Kia Rio Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I’ve had this car for 4 years and has been very reliable, regular mantanience done

Love my little car!
By Jimmie

2013 Kia Rio Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car with 6 miles on it and commute 80 miles per day. Almost 4 years and 78k later, I am still in love. The only dislikes naturally go along with the Kia brand...road noise. Once you get past that, this car drives like a much more expensive one (as long as you don't think you need to accelerate like a race car driver) and is a great buy. I get an average of 36-38+ with a combination of highway/city miles AND adding the spare time (most new vehs removed this so increase gas mileage - it doesn't have a big enough impact to be without it on this model!) Only normal maintenance has been performed and I run conventional oil in it....looking forward to seeing how many miles I can get out of my little girl!

Great Little Car
By Dan Ferguson

2013 Kia Rio Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I love this car. My wife and I bought it about 1 year ago used and it has not given us any trouble. Had 21000 K miles on it when we bought it and we've now got 37000 K miles now. Will be giving this to our daughter, though as she just finished med school and needs a reliable little car where she lives. Shipping it to her today. Got the LX package and it didn't have a few items that I added. For one thing, it had no cruise control, but there's an OEM change that you can do through your steering wheel to add it. Works like a charm. Would not hesitate to buy again.

Very Happy So Far
By gmmcnair

2013 Kia Rio Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Rio LX hatchback a little over a month ago. I have the 6 speed automatic, and just about nothing else as far as extras. I am not into fluff on cars, but this one is nicely equipped and has all the amenities that one needs in a basic daily driver.

The little 1.6 liter engine is spirited off the line (slows down a little bit after that), and gives me decent numbers. I drive in a lot of heavy, stop and start, traffic, and I get about 26-28 mpg overall. Highway mileage hovers around 40....this is without the active ECO button engaged (turns the car into a slug).

Nicely equipped, even in the basic model. Base model radio has ipod connectivity. Ride is firm in base model but not harsh. Nimble handling. 6 speed automatic is very smooth and well mated to the engine. Quieter than many small cars. Controls are nicely laid out and interior is attractive. Actually feels like a larger car than it is.

Small rear window on hatchback, rear headrests, and pillars cause blind spots (look CAREFULLY when changing lanes).