Used 2013 Kia Rio Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Rio Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rio model:

Rita rio
By Mary

2013 Kia Rio Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I’ve had this car for 4 years and has been very reliable, regular mantanience done

Love my little car!
By Jimmie

2013 Kia Rio Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car with 6 miles on it and commute 80 miles per day. Almost 4 years and 78k later, I am still in love. The only dislikes naturally go along with the Kia brand...road noise. Once you get past that, this car drives like a much more expensive one (as long as you don't think you need to accelerate like a race car driver) and is a great buy. I get an average of 36-38+ with a combination of highway/city miles AND adding the spare time (most new vehs removed this so increase gas mileage - it doesn't have a big enough impact to be without it on this model!) Only normal maintenance has been performed and I run conventional oil in it....looking forward to seeing how many miles I can get out of my little girl!

Great Little Car
By Dan Ferguson

2013 Kia Rio Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I love this car. My wife and I bought it about 1 year ago used and it has not given us any trouble. Had 21000 K miles on it when we bought it and we've now got 37000 K miles now. Will be giving this to our daughter, though as she just finished med school and needs a reliable little car where she lives. Shipping it to her today. Got the LX package and it didn't have a few items that I added. For one thing, it had no cruise control, but there's an OEM change that you can do through your steering wheel to add it. Works like a charm. Would not hesitate to buy again.

Very Happy So Far
By gmmcnair

2013 Kia Rio Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Rio LX hatchback a little over a month ago. I have the 6 speed automatic, and just about nothing else as far as extras. I am not into fluff on cars, but this one is nicely equipped and has all the amenities that one needs in a basic daily driver.

The little 1.6 liter engine is spirited off the line (slows down a little bit after that), and gives me decent numbers. I drive in a lot of heavy, stop and start, traffic, and I get about 26-28 mpg overall. Highway mileage hovers around 40....this is without the active ECO button engaged (turns the car into a slug).

Nicely equipped, even in the basic model. Base model radio has ipod connectivity. Ride is firm in base model but not harsh. Nimble handling. 6 speed automatic is very smooth and well mated to the engine. Quieter than many small cars. Controls are nicely laid out and interior is attractive. Actually feels like a larger car than it is.

Small rear window on hatchback, rear headrests, and pillars cause blind spots (look CAREFULLY when changing lanes).

ALOT of bang for the Buck !
By callmedave1

2013 Kia Rio Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I was out the door at $15,250 with my new Rio. An exceptional deal .

Car has 3,000 miles on it and I love it.
Best to use NON-ethanol gasoline as the engine works better and youll pick up a couple more MPG.
I get 33 MPG combined driving .
Car is very comfortable for my 6'3" big frame.
I swapped out the steering wheel so now I have cruise control which is a must for me.
Color is red and it looks clean even when you haven't washed it in weeks.
Very pleased I got this over the Nissan Versa with the lower warranty.

The 6 speed auto trans. really drops the RPM's at high speed (80 MPH @ 2,500 RPM's) . Great audio system . Very comfortable front seats. Enough room in the trunk.

The auto trans shift points need to be higher than what they are so it doesn't labor at lower speeds. 6th gear needs to drop the RPMS even lower for increased hwy. MPG . Needs a center console arm rest even if it tacks on another $20 to the price.