Used 2004 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Optima for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Bad Car to purchase

fireman33, 08/08/2011
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have read alot of reviews on this car and some are good and some are bad. The ones that are good i hope it keeps going good for you. Well i have an 04 kia optima and I thought it was going to be a good car. I thought wrong , I have had nothing but problems with it since i got it. I have had it for a year and a half and bought it with 78k on it and now it has 99k on it. I have had the timing belt replaced along with the crank sensor, the cluthch has been replaced in it , 4 new tires put on it and thats because the control are was bent and it had to be replaced, it had had the fuel pump replace twice and the fuel pump assembly replace twice and its in the shop right now getting that done.

Great reliable car, awesome gas mileage, low maint

Carrie, 09/08/2015
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 used Kia Optima LX 4cy, front wheel drive, back in 2006 or 2007. It had 47k miles on it. This car was bought from a reputable dealership, one owner, and the cost was about $10,000 dollars. It had air conditioning, powered windows and locks, cd player and radio, powered mirrors, and rear folding seats, with a console to pull down in the back for 2 cup holders. And 2 cup holders in the front. It was awesome on gas. Very reliable (if you take good care of it). Change your belts and pulleys when needed or at 60,000 miles! You have 2 belts. One for power steering and ac and the other is something else. Since it is the sister car to Hyundai, the parts between the 2 are interchangeable. Only issue I had was electrical problems when I hit over 100,000 miles. But it was 10 or 11 years old when I got rid of it. Also, if there are heavy rains or big puddles, your belts will squeal, no harm though. Brakes are good. When it breaks down, might be a little more expensive to repair because it's not american, but you don't have to take it to a special dealership or anything to fix it. Plenty of places will fix them. CONS: During the winter it handles about as well as any front wheel drive, but it sits a little lower to the ground. Electrical issues I had at 100k miles was the horn blaring at random times, and radio being funny. My LX 4 cyl, didn't have heated or cooled seats, sunroof, gps, or blue tooth. But had cigarette outlet and outlet for gps or whatever. Not good for very tall people. My 6ft 7 ex husband had a hard time getting in and out, and leg room problems. It's a good car for short or shorter people. According to my husband at the time, he said it had a 15 or 20 gallon tank. I got about 25-32 mpg. Take good care of it and it will take good care of you. Only cars I will drive are chevy and Kia's.

My first car

ameagle177, 09/27/2011
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car two years ago as my first car, i got it for 400 bucks all smashed up. i fixed it at 75k miles and ive had no problems at all except crank sensor and belt squeak. I drive it pretty rough, but i perform all needed routine maintenance. it now has 86k miles and has served me well.

Meh...just a basic car

shannonm1, 06/05/2012
EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is very reliable, but no fun. The style is very bland inside and out, there is no power behind acceleration, the V6 guzzles gas like an SUV or truck would. I owned a little 4 cylinder Hyundai Elantra before this car, and I really miss it. I went from filling the gas tank every 2 weeks to filling it every week now. This car is like a tank, heavy, safe, reliable, I would take it anywhere, but have no fun getting there. I just don't like the way it handles. I got this car with 75,000 miles on it, so I'm probably stuck with it for awhile. It hasn't broken down on me yet.

3 years with this car

illnino, 09/14/2010
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When i first got it, i wasn't sure at first on getting a KIA, it wasn't my dream car. I had it for 3 years now and ive seen some of the reviews. It CAN be true when it comes to breaking down..but the fact is, its only for some people that could just get to point A to Point B. I only had trouble TWICE within 3 years of having it. I'm very patient when it comes to driving, slowing down, and i always do my oil/transmission/ and tune ups on time. I recommend ONLY for slow patient drivers, its a long lasting vehicle

Overall Good Car

Anthony J., 10/26/2010
EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased car in 2005 when we had addition to our family. Looked at Altima, Malibu, Impala & Accord but they were more than we were willing to pay. Some how ended up on Kia lot and that's where the story begins. Took car for test drive:nice interior, sunroof, good power, auto-stick. I was really surprised. I haven't had a single problem with it since I've owned the car besides getting a new battery and routine maintanence. The paint job, however, isn't to good. Car doesn't hold its value.

Stylish but electrical night mare

Happy but nervous.., 02/23/2010
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car at a reasonable price. The Interior and Exterior are both in great condition and I love the way it rides and all the bells and whistles. BUT, the power locks LOCKED ME IN MY CAR!!!! I can't lock the doors with the switch inside I must ride with the car unlocked. Not a good selling point. Otherwise I love it but who wants to climb out of the passanger side????? This is a major issue that I'm hoping won't cost very much to fix.! KIA please note this problem so future owners won't go through this not to mention how dangerous being locked in your car COULD BE!

Paid for and loving it!

angron, 10/24/2003
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We were going to buy a Kia Rio, but when we saw the Optima, my wife just had to have it. And we lucked out cause the 2004 Optima we bought arrived just the night before. What a bargain!!! For the price difference we definitely made a move up (in size, power and comfort) and we did it without having to fork out the extra 7,000 for a comparable Toyota or Nissan.

Best car I've ever owned

1Canuck, 06/04/2009
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car in 2006 with 18K miles, now (2009) just went over 70K miles. Hands-down the best car I've ever owned. I track gas mileage every fill-up and have averaged 27mpg combined city/hwy driving. Car has been very reliable though I did make sure to preemptively change my timing belt at 50K miles just to be safe! Car is comfortable, handles great, very strong for a 4cyl and looks great. Would definitely buy another Optima without hesitation!

Should have got a honda

frankl1955, 08/09/2009
EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Well its been almost 5 yrs and only 34k mi. For the most part the car has been ok, but there is a troubling problem with rust. If you live in a salt state like Ohio, do not buy this car. The 2004 and earlier optima has a bad under body rust problem which includes the sub frame. Things like metal brake disc shields have already rusted off and most hardware like hose clamps and other hardware in the rear are about gone. None of this is covered under their warranty. The drive train may last 10 years, but much of the underneath won’t be there.

2004 Kia Optima Great Car

Cptterry, 03/29/2010
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car new! Have had no major problems at all. Key to any car performing to your expectations..... Maintenance, follow the schedule. I have replaced tires once at 60 K along with timing belt with required maintenance. Oil and filter EVERY 3,000 miles. 2 head lamp builds an 1 set of brake pads ( Front ) I will buy another Kia again! I worked for a GM dealer for 21 years .. thought we built great cars..... NOT!

My best decision

Suhail Sood, 08/26/2010
LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it used with 67,948 miles on it. Replaced transmission fluid and stock Infinity stereo with pioneer DEH- 2200UB and boom it sounds great with stock speakers and tweeters. Engine goes silent after 5 minutes of drive. I get about 23-27 mpg on regular commute. My Optima has California state emissions and don't have to worry about timing belt change until 105,000 miles Last time it averaged 30 mpg on my way to philadelphia from pittsburgh, 356 miles on a v6 and 30 mpg, what more do you want?

GAS MPG

analyzerlx, 10/02/2006
EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The odometer reads 34,400 so far and going strong. I commute pretty often now and I've been going from Georgia to Maryland, VA or NC. I recently checked my MPGs and was pretty happy to see it is around 32.4 MPG. I think that's great since the EPA highway is only supposed to be 27. The car has a few mysterious dings. Other than that it has been a very comfortable ride. I believe it should reach 100,000 with no problem. I plan on fixing the timing chain at 60,000 and will see if I have a problem after that.

2004 KIA Optima V6 Owned for almost 7 years

brandvegn, 07/02/2017
EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Originally purchased from auction in 2010 for 2,500 USD with 125K. I did a CarFax check and it was a former rental, which can be a problem, and was owned by a private owner for less than a year after it was part of a fleet. Belt squeak and no air conditioning when I bought it, I knew it was a gamble. That gamble paid off. V6 is the preferred version of the Optima. The 4 cylinder had numerous problems. Bought a cheap can of R134A. Air conditioning done. Belt squeak stopped mid-trip home from the auction. Spark plugs replaced and fluid change in 2010. Spark plugs and all hoses changed in 2014 as well by mechanic before driving to a new home in Florida from Alabama. Car drove like a dream until probably 2016. Mid-2015, the CV Boots finally leaked and there is creaking as I drive. I have purchased both axles and struts and shocks. Brake changes 3 times since purchased. Compressor leaked out refrigerant 3 weeks ago. From my receipts, I have paid about 2300 USD in parts and labor for the last 7 years including oil changes. All work except for the checkup before my move were done by me. 191K on the engine. Rear windows stopped rolling down in 2015. No need to fix. They roll up fine once down, but I use this primarily for commute. Interior issues, none. Seals still intact and no air leaks. No tears in cloth upholstery from wear or other issues. I keep the interior clean and do a deep clean about 1-2 times a year. Steering, Braking and Acceleration are great. Only issue is timing for low gear to high. There is a small amount of lag when shifting into low gears sometimes, but the pickup is great. Exterior looks good. Door handles and door trim are plastic and the paint has chipped off as time has gone by. This is not a big issue, but it effects the uniformity of the exterior, but it is a 13 year old car, so I can't complain. Overall, a great purchase. About 685 per year outside of gasoline for purchase and maintenance. I am satisfied and this is a good, solid used car for everyday commutes.

It's No Honda Accord

Eric, 10/19/2018
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car a couple weeks after a tree fell on my 2005 Honda Accord, crushing the roof and totaling the car. When I did purchase this Kia, it turned out to be a lemon, but I managed to get the problems fixed. The car did its best to show me it can be a dependable car, but it also showed me it was an old Kia. The Optima's Mitsubishi motor was loud, but slow, the suspension was responsive, but soft, and the doors love to lock themselves whenever I get out of the car and my hand is nowhere near the lock switch. Whoever replaced the left headlight did a terrible job at it, as the lens is cracked and the brackets are completely broken, so they drilled a carpenter screw on the rubber seal and into the bumper, so it would "stay" on the car - I didn't find this out until recently (and I had this car for over a year), when I was replacing the low-beam bulbs and removing the headlights is the best way to get to the bulbs' retainer springs (the bulbs don't twist off). I would only recommend getting this car if you're needing a budget car and you cannot find a Honda or Toyota in your area - just be aware you're likely to have problems sooner or later, if not present.

Oops, I lost in the used car game

nbafreak2007, 06/24/2010
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in the summer of 09 with 63k miles. I had i checked out and all was well. That was the only thing that has gone right with the car. It is a money pit, I have had to replace the Clutch, flywheel, pressure plate etc along with the timing belt and water pump, and now the driver's side door will not unlock itself. This may be the worst car I have ever purchased I have invested more than 2500 in a car worth only 3000. I will never by a Kia or a Hyundai again and would recommend that no one else buy one either.

Kia Optima

jamesgw, 09/27/2003
EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have had no problems..only service has been oil changes

Kia Optima EX V6

Nauman, 04/13/2004
EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great driving car with alot of extras for the money. Would like to have a little better gas mileage.

she's real pretty

jo beadling, 07/26/2004
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i needed something that got good gas mileage.i now get 425 miles on a tank.that's mostly back roads and some highway.

Kia Optima Best Value

the cajun, 08/20/2004
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After dealer discounts and Kia incentives I drove off in an automobile with power everything for under $15,000. The Pearl White paint alone is turning heads, not to mention the futuristically designed interior. I would have paid over $20,000 for this much car from another manufacturer. Thanks, Kia.

Kia Magentis 2004 Model

alfybio, 09/02/2011
LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have found this car great value for my almost meagre spend on it. The car starts effortlessly, almost before the ignition is turned, it's silent, and just purrs when running. In motion it is very stable, and appears to bounce when it hits a bump.

Worst car of my life

Richard, 08/29/2017
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The 2004 Kia Optima is a very poorly constructed vehicle and buying this car was a very regrettable choice. It was my first Kia and definitely the last! Edmunds was listing this car as "excellent." Where these "raving" reviews come from are a mystery; whoever is providing the information making the 2004 Kia Optima look so good, in my opinion, is absolutely lying through their teeth with inaccurate information. Believe me, nothing is good about this car, except maybe it looks "pretty." My 2004 Kia Optima has given me nothing but problems from the day I purchased it and drove it home. I had it for almost one year and nine months. Maintaining it was constant stress on my wallet with tire, mechanical, heating, transmission, and electrical issues. I was amazed at how everything was cheaply made and how easily everything breaks consistently. When jacking up the car, the frame will actually bend. I put at too much of my hard earned money into keeping this lemon on the road. Finally, enough was enough & sold this poor excuse for a car for a huge loss. But the beauty of my sad story is this "nightmare" is finally out of my hair. I will never drive another Kia again, even if it is given to me for free. I feel sorry for those who invest a large amount of money into buying a new Kia. Do not buy a Kia! ***Update 6/12/2021:*** Still remember that lemon! The problem was I bought it from some shyster who picks up cheap junk at auctions and dolls them up to resell for a profit. This kia must have been on its last leg and run down to the ground with the previous owner. Unlucky for me to run into this pos letting it fall into my lap being an impulsive buyer. Because of this, I will never buy another Kia again!

It stinks

sjspiva, 05/20/2010
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had trouble out of it ever since the belt broke, left me strand on the side of road with out warning. I had no power on the car, shut down everything. Broke the motor support now the power steering is messed up. The mess up rack and pinon ad to clean out hold system and do for wheel alignment and this leaves me without a vehicle and 661.00 in debt on disability I think it stinks oh yeah buy a Kia

Don't Do It.....

ramon, 09/18/2009
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my first Kia in 2004, Optima Lx,4 cyl, numerous problems, radio went out, power steering hose leaked, windshield wiper motor out, timing belt defective, overheating problem not yet fixed, had trouble passing emissions, crank sensor went out(which shuts down motor completely) Will never buy a Kia again.

2004 kia optima lx v6!!!!

AHartman90, 03/03/2010
LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got my kia in April 2009 I have had no problems with it so far it is a realy Nice car I put a high flow intake and a cherry bomb in it and it gave me a little better performance... The head lights keep going out but thats it with problems. I didn't like kias befor I got this on I have about 180-185 and 140-145 foot lbs of torque! I highly recommend the 2004 kia optima for anyone!

I'm a KIA lover now!

Tess68, 05/31/2008
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My car just hit 68,000, besides a few dings (by others!) I have had no problems, just the rotors replaced. This has been a dependable family car, I drive 20 miles to work everyday through snow, ice, rain, and nice days without a problem. I am a very nervous person on the road in the Winter and this car has been great to me! Starting to make some rattles, and steering shake, I am praying this won't be a problem. I hear after 40-50,000 KIA'S are having problems. Anybody out there have any as of yet with this year?

Kia owner for life

David Hatch, 06/03/2008
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the second Kia I've purchased - first was an '02 Sedona EX that has been so solid, my ex-wife fought for (and got it) in the divorce. I paid around 12K brand new as an '04 left over and have had very few problems. So far after 80K miles all I've done is oil changes, new brake pads, and two new tires (one a side wall puncture). Have not had to used the warranty on this one, but had to in the past on the Sedona (power window, rear wiper motor) and had no hassles in invoking the warranty. Great commuter car that also offers pleanty of interior room. My next car will also be a Kia, but by the way this one's going, that doesn't look like I'll be getting a new one for a while!

My Kiallac

L Leal, 06/09/2008
EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car it still gets good mileage and as far as road trips even my over 6ft tall basketball players don't complain about the ride or the squeeze. They laugh cause I call it my KIA-LLAC. Ride is smooth as any caddy just not as expensive. I found if you keep up your service the car will be good to you......

The optima is a race machine

Jamie, 06/14/2008
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It is a awesome car, but minor problems are going wrong. I commute 65 miles a day. great gas mileage nice and comfortable. The only problem is , is that my trunk latch broke the other day. Now today my front door on the drivers side wouldn't open from the inside and out. It is a fixable problem. The only thing is I look like a retard going in and out of my car just to drive. I now have a paranoia that the other door will go. Or that my key will break!!!

2004 Kia Optima LX

Problems, 08/07/2008
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the car used with 59K miles. I now have 63K miles and have already had to replace the power steering hose ($200 +) and now the power door locks are messed up and literally lock me in the car. I have had to climb out the window, this might be ok if I were Bo Duke. It does have a smooth ride. Sometimes when I first start the car it will stall or take a second to get going, sorta like it's not getting gas. The car looks pretty but looks can be deceiving. Don't buy. Run away.

The headlamps

The Captain, 08/21/2008
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The 2004 Optima has an issue with the headlamp lenses. It is sort of a cataract on the lens itself. After a while you will not pass an inspection As I found out and too late they refused to warranty this item since it is there problem, the dealer strung me along to come back and replaced light bulbs. SO that I would have to pay for new lamps Check your Kias and get it done before the warranty is out. I Like the Kia , but do to the poor quality of service networks I will trade for a better brand name next time.

This is a no go!

TJ, 09/07/2008
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this 2004 4 banger in 2007 with 33,000 miles. I expect problems (serious) around what? 100K at the lowest. coil pack went out at 55,000. Gas filter something out at 63,000. Ok those are small things. But here's the big thing. I have only 74,000 miles on it and the engine roars at you like the tranny is going. I depend on this car. I need a car. I still owe 6100 on it and it is about to flop out on me i can tell that tranny is going! This car really sucks. I treated it well. Put lots of miles on it quickly, but drove it slow never raced it and still it causes to many problems and way to much stress! Way too Much

Optima

KIA, 11/21/2008
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Optima with about 52000 miles. Overall, it is pretty reliable and fuel economy is good, however it could be better. So far the only things I had to replace are the power steering hose, batteries and the lightbulb in the headlight. At times when I start my car, the cars stalls and takes a couple of seconds to start going.

Good Value

Ant, 01/23/2008
EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I didn't think that Kia would have a good car, but the Optima proved me wrong on the test drive. My 04 V6 has a good amount of power and the style of it makes it look like it might have cost a lot.

Be careful

Jaymarie, 08/04/2009
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I loved the car when I first got it, but I had so many little issues with it. First, I believe i replaced the head lights about 17 times, its OK on gas but now that the Car is 5 I have lots of rust the paint is going on it, the power steering has given me so many problems, and to get it replaced the cost is unreasonable for a vehicle that is suppose to be a good investment for your money... You pay for it in the end. I am looking for another car.

Great car BUT.........

Chris Bell, 07/26/2009
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought an 04' Kia Optima EX 4 cyl. from a used car dealer in August of last year. This a GREAT car! I've been told it looks like from far away a Jag so I call it my Kia-Jag. Interior is great, power everything,leather, fog lights, wood grain, 6 speaker Infinity Sound system with a sunroof but I dont like the gas mileage. For a Kia I was thinking it was gonna be better but I should have done more research. 17/ city 23/highway was not what I was looking for, but hey you get what you pay for. Hope this was helpful

Decent Cheap Car

2004 Kia Optima LX, 08/11/2009
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 40k miles on it. It now has almost 105k and I haven't had any major problems with it. I have kept up on my maintenance so that probably helps. I just had to have my alignment fixed because my tires kept popping, but that was only $50. If you keep up with the maintenance this car should last you!

I lOVE THIS CAR

rvingsuz, 09/27/2009
LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first car I have ever picked out for myself and am I ever happy with it. It handles very smoothly and is sooooo comfortable for me....fits me well. I have followed the manufacturers suggestions on care and have not had any problems. It runs great and corners like an expensive sports car. I know, I drive on winding roads regularly. Very fun and inexpensive to own.

Will never buy a Kia again

Carmen, 12/09/2009
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle 3 years ago and I've had nothing but problems. Kia's 100,000 mile warranty only applies if you are the original owner which is dumb. I see why the warranty expires at 100,000 mile because that's when all the problems begin. I always keep up with the maintenance because this is my only transportation to work, so I make it a point to take good care of it; but even then it seems like everything is going wrong with it. I absolutely hate it!

HORRIBLE piece of junk

David, 01/10/2010
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had my Kia for about 2 years. Constant trouble. Timing belt, pully, power steering, and now the computer is out. Guess I will have to sell it on ebay for a few hundred bucks.

Reliable Kia Optima LX sedan 4cyl(1.8L)

1st Time Kia, 01/27/2010
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

purchased in '05 w/approx. 11k mi. Driven to Den.,CO & back. Not alot of torque for hills,but nice speed. Man/Auto Trans(nice for accel). Pwr steering defective twice. just hit 97k mi. needed Timing belt. Doesn't brake good on quick stop;will slide. Quarter panel dents easy a little. Paint around doorkey fades & driver doorlock played out in the rain 3 days ago. No real complaints. Has good features(pwr lock,cd,compartment/storage,cruise, starter safety(kill)switch,trunk square (space). Takes about $60 to fill @$3 p/gal. OK mileage. Maintain w/svc every 3k mi. & no problem. Oh,it jus start shaking, maybe coil- pack/misfire. Jus fixed timing,hope shop did its job & check for underlying cause!

optima reiview

kia opt, 02/05/2010
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A good car overall and bang for you buck. I had some minor issues which the dealer took care and did not had to pay. The car has been very reliable however do notice a jurk from trans once in a while if I don't change the trans oil every year. Expensive to maintian the car because of parts and labour is costly. The handling is decent but the tires could have been bigger. Ride quality is excellent and comfy. The v6 engine is outstanding when exceling. Interior built quality could be more durable. But I am not complaining as I have 125K miles and the car is going strong.

Horrible!

Angela, 03/24/2010
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Worst car i have EVER had. My 95' sat urn was better than this w/ 160,000 miles! My grandfather bought me a 2004 Kia Optima LX in June of 2006 for my graduation present. I LOVED the car when i first got it. Now i HATE it. I have to change out my headlights at least once or twice every three months. The belts on this car always break. The hoses don't last long AT ALL. My struts are always needing replaced. I always keep up on the maintenance on this car.. but it seems like i have spent MORE on this car for repairs than what my grandfather bought it for. I will NEVER EVER own another kia in my entire life. Stay away from these cares.They are crap!

beware of 04 optima

mike fletchinger, 04/14/2010
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this optima in 2006 with about 22,000 miles. A friend, a kia service tech, said I would love this car. When used, the warranty only goes to 60,000 miles. After about 61,000 the air bag light came on, the cruise control and speedometer sometimes don't work and the transmission has gotten really rough especially in cold weather and on these cold spring mornings. It will have to be replaced. What started out to be a pleasure has started to become a nightmare.

Great Little Car

Leila, 04/13/2010
EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in 2004. Aside from a CV axle issue starting around 50K miles, I have had no problems. I have bought tires, replaced the front brakes and done routine maintenance and that's it! She just rolled over 140,000 miles this past weekend and we're still rocking along. I'm looking forward to my next purchase: the 2011 Sorento.

Very Reliable, Fun to Drive Car

sdanie18, 04/22/2010
LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was hesitant about buying a Kia, I had originally wanted an Accord but I needed a more affordable car. I have to say this car has changed my opinion of Kia - it's been very reliable in the nearly 2 years I have owned it. I purchased the car with 56K and now have nearly 78K on the odometer. I consider this car a lot of fun to drive because my previous car was a 1994 Buick Century! I think if you keep up to date with maintenance (and don't get stuck with a lemon like some people on here must have) then you will have a great car on your hands.

Great car for the price

a good one, 09/13/2010
EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new six years ago. The only thing I've had to replace are the tires and the battery. I think this car is an excellent value. Just had the 60,000 mile service. It's running great and I plan to keep it until the warranty expires in 37,000 miles.

Kia Girl

Angel Kia, 11/19/2010
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Ok so this is my second kia and my second car my first one was 1998 Kia sportage. This was a huge upgrade for me. I haven't experienced any problems just yet other than car kinda sound like its having trouble starting, but once it does it runs beautiful. I love my car its so nice and shiny!

Try Anything Once!

E.D.B., 11/08/2003
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I find that the accutaments included in this vehicle as standard equipment are far more than what seems to be available in any other offering I have run across. I really cannot comment on the gas milage, except to say that I don't believe it will be as high as the published estimates of 32/33mpg city/highway. Overall, this vehicle seems to be an exceptional value.

'04 EX V6 Optima

Matt Tyndall, 04/30/2005
EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had the car for 5 months and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Its only shortcomings are sup-par fuel mileage and raw acceleration. Everything else has exceeded my expectations. The car appears to be solidly built and hasn't burned a lick of oil for the first 10K miles.

51050