Used 2004 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Optima for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Looking for a good used car?

jim, 02/25/2007
EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I now have about 40K miles and over 2 years on this car (see my 7/02/05 review) and no major problems. I average about 23mpg in mixed hwy/city driving. I would definitely recommend this as a great used car buy (but only the V6). I have had a few minor things fixed at no cost under warranty: rattle in rear view mirror, license plate light cracked, and the keyless entry control unit stopped responding. The engine still purrs and It rides just as smooth and quiet as ever with no rattles. I am looking forward to the next 40K miles.

New Purchase of Used Kia Optima

Doug Pierce, 04/02/2007
LX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased a 2004 Kia Optima, I like the way the car rides and handles, engine seems strong and fuel economy so far is averaging appx. 25.6 mpg city and country driving. I wish the car had auto headlamps and auto door locking. Otherwise I am very happy so far, I just purchased the vehicle with 60640 miles on. Body and paint are excellent, interior is spotless. I like the way the driver's seat fits me, I am short however I can sit back from the steering wheel and still reach the accelerator and brake pedal. In my 97 Buick which this replaces, I had to sit much to close to the steering wheel, miss the power seat and dual AC. Otherwise a great vehicle. Thanks.

it ok

Terri, 03/23/2008
EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

seem to me I steering to the right a lot on this car. Maybe caused it have Low performances tires. Also the road noise is bad ain't a really big fan of that.

WOW

dntfeartareaper, 04/03/2008
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 9,000 miles on it. Great car for the price. This four cylinder moves, I've beat Camaros, v6 Cavaliers an Accord and a Volvo. I now have 40,000 miles on it and it's still going very strong. All that's been done to it since I've had it is that I put on a k&n filter, got a trans flush and oil changes. Sound system was good but I upgraded it. Design is awesome. Great car for college students or anyone for that matter

Great car

Review, 11/01/2018
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it with 130k and it had the timing belt already replaced. So besides that ive only invested in a clutch kit, new brake assembly all around, and an belt. Its a great car if you dont treat it like crap and service it. And most of the people on here dont understand that some dealerships dont service cars with issues under 100,000 miles on the lot, nkt just kias. because they know they can make a buck off it without fixing it up and spending money as opposed to a car with 120k+ with a bad transmission that they have to spend money regardless to make someone buy it.