Used 2004 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Optima for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...32

Pros
Cons

Overall Good Car

Anthony J., 10/26/2010
EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased car in 2005 when we had addition to our family. Looked at Altima, Malibu, Impala & Accord but they were more than we were willing to pay. Some how ended up on Kia lot and that's where the story begins. Took car for test drive:nice interior, sunroof, good power, auto-stick. I was really surprised. I haven't had a single problem with it since I've owned the car besides getting a new battery and routine maintanence. The paint job, however, isn't to good. Car doesn't hold its value.

Stylish but electrical night mare

Happy but nervous.., 02/23/2010
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car at a reasonable price. The Interior and Exterior are both in great condition and I love the way it rides and all the bells and whistles. BUT, the power locks LOCKED ME IN MY CAR!!!! I can't lock the doors with the switch inside I must ride with the car unlocked. Not a good selling point. Otherwise I love it but who wants to climb out of the passanger side????? This is a major issue that I'm hoping won't cost very much to fix.! KIA please note this problem so future owners won't go through this not to mention how dangerous being locked in your car COULD BE!

Paid for and loving it!

angron, 10/24/2003
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We were going to buy a Kia Rio, but when we saw the Optima, my wife just had to have it. And we lucked out cause the 2004 Optima we bought arrived just the night before. What a bargain!!! For the price difference we definitely made a move up (in size, power and comfort) and we did it without having to fork out the extra 7,000 for a comparable Toyota or Nissan.

Best car I've ever owned

1Canuck, 06/04/2009
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car in 2006 with 18K miles, now (2009) just went over 70K miles. Hands-down the best car I've ever owned. I track gas mileage every fill-up and have averaged 27mpg combined city/hwy driving. Car has been very reliable though I did make sure to preemptively change my timing belt at 50K miles just to be safe! Car is comfortable, handles great, very strong for a 4cyl and looks great. Would definitely buy another Optima without hesitation!

Should have got a honda

frankl1955, 08/09/2009
EX V6 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Well its been almost 5 yrs and only 34k mi. For the most part the car has been ok, but there is a troubling problem with rust. If you live in a salt state like Ohio, do not buy this car. The 2004 and earlier optima has a bad under body rust problem which includes the sub frame. Things like metal brake disc shields have already rusted off and most hardware like hose clamps and other hardware in the rear are about gone. None of this is covered under their warranty. The drive train may last 10 years, but much of the underneath won’t be there.

12345...32