2018 Kia Niro SUV Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Kia Niro SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Niro model:

Amazed
By scott

2018 Kia Niro SUV EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

First Kia and/or hybrid owned, and absolutely love it. Steering is tight, grips/leans perfectly into turns, and feels solid and quiet. Acceleration is fantastic when the Power mode shift is used, which is easy and immediately jolts speed upward seamlessly when wanted or needed. Have achieved 560 miles per tankful so far doing only daily commuting and weekend errand runs. Electronics are terrific. Feel inside is comfortable, solid, and quality. Design is subtle style with tasteful lines and angles. Only wishes are that it sat a bit higher (a bit more ground clearance), a bit better floor insulation/noise suppression (slightly noticeable road noise at highway speeds), and the ability to slightly recline rear seats. Overall this is a fantastic car, is well worth the price, and should be much higher rated by Edmunds and other sources. Am also amazed that Kia does not market and advertise this aggressively, since I found it to be clearly the best crossover/small SUV hybrid available now. If Kia decides to produce a hybrid Sportage with this feel, quality, and performance, I will buy one immediately.

Missing Link- Support and Service Department
By Ronald Eng

2018 Kia Niro SUV LX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

Kia Case Number 12829869 I purchased my Kia 2018 Niro VIN #: KND.....6317 on May 15, 2018. 3 weeks into the purchase, one of the hard plastic anchors of the cargo net broke. The car was barely 500 miles. I saw that same issue in the 2017 Niro Edmunds consumers review. I thought that was fixed, but apparently not so. Between the Kia dealership in Fremont CA and Kia Consumer Assistance Center (800-333-4542) during the last 4 months, I was completely ignored, despised numerous follow ups. However the dealer did say it should be repaired under warranty but their hands are tied without Kia's authorization. Finally On Sept 11, I wrote Kia a letter and gave them a week to respond. Today Sept 26 I have received nothing, no response at all, not even their position whether it was or was not under warranty, or how much to get it repaired, just......nothing. On the overall picture, this is a very small matter but it does call into one question, what if this is something to do with their 10 years, 100,000 miles drive train warranty! You think they still will stand behind their products, or is that warranty statement just an advertising ploy? I have given them ample chances for a two way communication to resolve this little problem but to this date they chose to ignore me. How can Kia Marketing allows this to happen, not even defending the most important element in the support and service structure in the new car business. I had nothing of a kind on car purchases that happened to me. I am so disappointed. Ron

Fiddling with the Niro
By Lisa

2018 Kia Niro SUV EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

Love the blind spot monitor and rear traffic alerts.

Impressed by KIA Yet Again
By Justin

2018 Kia Niro SUV EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

Before getting the Niro, we purchased the KIA Soul in 2014. By far, the KIA Soul was worth the price and extremely reliable (140,000 miles and no problems). This made us decide to purchase our next vehicle from KIA. Yet again, we were not disappointed. The value this car has it truly phenomenal, most cars/suvs with this level of features range in the high 35,000's. The MPG is exceptional too; we've been getting 50 mpg which I believe is quite astonishing. For room, it is basically the same size as the KIA Soul. That being said, at 6'4 person like me will be able to fit in the front & back. The one thing I'd say is a negative is the acceleration. It feels like a 4 cylinder. If you don't have a heavy foot though, this will do just fine. We plan on getting another vehicle in about 6 months, and it's definitely going to be another KIA.

Great car!
By Kristen Lederman

2018 Kia Niro SUV EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

No CD player. From a complete stop it takes a moment to go again (engine turns off, it seems). I love the car, especially the smoothness and quiet operation of it.