Used 2017 Kia Forte Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Forte for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

My second Forte

Forte Pro, 11/15/2016
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought a 2010 Forte LX (5 speeds manual) back in 2010. 160K miles later, I had to trade it in for a 2017 Forte LX (manual 6 speeds). What an improvement ! First of all, not one problem, itch or snooze on my previous Kia. Never opened the hood. All oil changes done by professionals. I already had great mpg, but this new one ? Even better. Manual says 32 city/39 Highway. I get 41 city/45 Highway. Of course, my commute (120 miles per day - 20% city and 80% Thruway) is pretty much on flat road (no hills) and the temperatures are constantly over 40 degrees. Good dry conditions. Speed of 70-75 mph when Tach read 2,750 rpm. This car purrs and swallows the miles one by one. Comfort is what you can expect from a "small" car. Everything being new, you need some time to get used to it, or for the car to get used to you. Now, odd enough, no spare tire nor donut in the back trunk. Just some kind of fix-your-flat-yourself-kit with a plug-in pump (and patch?), enough for 50 miles to get to a station (?).The dash boards illuminates nicely and I still have not figured out why the outside temperature reading starts flashing when it get under 40 degrees F (or everytime it drops under 30, 20 etc...). Acceleration is nice, although there seem to be a soft spot when starting in 1st gear which obliges you to push and reach 4,000 rpm or shift into second very quickly. The sound is definitely not premium. Automatic windows is a nice upgrade from my previous Kia and the electronic lock/unlock is also a nice addition. I hope to have it last a long time. From previous experience, it will. Update after owning this Forte for 7 Months: Winter is over. No special tires, just the ones this car came with and no problem on the snow (and God knows that Rochester, NY, can have plenty of it). No sliding. Really happy about the mileage per gallon. Constantly hitting the 47.5 mpg, although this little car doesn't seem to like the rain (or the cold). At 2,500 rpm, on highway, you should easily get 50 mpg without pushing your gears too much (of course, no extra weight/passengers/luggage). Still a "dead spot" when starting in 1st gear and I suspect a "bad" electronic distribution, but not enough to put that car through computer testings. So far so good. Reliable it is. A year has passed. Mileage per gallon is still the same 47-48 miles per gallon, although I suspect that this will change with the cold weather coming. Still, no problem and hood is staying closed (besides oil changes done by pros). Still very happy with the purchase. Update - Dec 1st, 2018 Still very good car. Roughly 52K on it. No more long and evening long commutes (120 miles total). Found employment much closer to home (3 miles). Of course it changes my gas consumption. It dropped from 47 miles/gal to 32/34 mpg. Still one full tank will last a month. It is a very economical car. No problems with brakes. Put the car at the Dealership for its 50K miles inspections and even after a couple hoses were changed (they looked like they could have lasted longer), and this car's engine looked like a diamond. Again, if you're looking for no frills - no super gadgets, economical, safe... This is the car to own. Update June 2019. Forte still running strong. I will not change my ratings from last update. I still didn't open the hood. This is the car to own (great price, not expensive to maintain). December 2019 I want to write a negative update so bad, just to balance my enthusiastic mood of the past, but I can't. Still working and I still have to open the hood. No "engine light" at all. (Maybe that bulb is burnt). I am so please that I actually bought a KIA Sportage 2018 for my wife.

Nice car to own and ride

Morteza, 03/05/2017
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I leased 2017 KIA forte LX for only 79$ per month for 3 yrs. I am very happy about the car. Fuel economy is great, interior is good and when it comes to exterior it does not look like a cheap car at all. Brake system exceeded my expectation. However,My comment on performance is different. Acceleration for this 2.0 L engine is weak. When it comes to merging into traffic make sure you have enough room with incoming cars because you are not able to speed up quickly! But overal it is such a good car to ride and worths every penny you spent.

pleasantly surprised

joe mccorry, 05/19/2017
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

first let me say tis is the first brand new car I purchased/leased since 2001. Until oct. 2014 I was driving a Chevrolet cavalier. in 2014 it was going to cost me over $4000 just to get it ready to pass inspection. surprising to mea s it only had about 80,000 miles on it. so I traded it in on a 2008 Hyundai elentra. very pleasant surprise. it got about 6 mpg more then the cavalier. had the elantra for about 2 and half years. had 78,000 miles on it. when I traded it in on the 2017 kia forte lx it had a little over 86,000 miles on it. as you can see I don't do a ton of driving in a year. decided to check out a deal I heard on the radio from a local Pennsylvania dealer. very misleading ad. in the ad they stated that they would guarantee $6000 for your trade and $9000 off list price of a new 2017 sonata. called the dealer as I did not want to drive over an hour for nothing. the salesman told me I had misheard the ad. it was either the $6000 trade in or $9000 off list price. I was not the only one who heard the ad the way I did. so I started looking at other Hyundai dealers. after talking with the sales people they informed that an elntra might be a better fit for me. as the incentives were better.got some ok deals. then remembered that kia was the sister company of hyundai so I called a couple of kia dealers and asked about the optima. but since I wanted to stay at roughly the same monthly payment I was at they recommended the forte. took one out for a test drive and found I liked it better than the 2017 elentra I had test driven. comparing the elantra and forte to me I found the forte better handling and as good a ride. the interior of the forte again to me seemed better quality. got the forte on 4/7/2017. have had it a month and I am very happy with it. I am getting over 30 mpg in what is basically local driving. would recommend this over the elantra. also have to like the 5 yr warranty.

Amazing car

Chris, 11/03/2016
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The car is more then i could ask for my wife and daughter loves it great on gas and a incredible ride and lots of room

Love the car

Wendy Harris, 05/18/2017
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I love my car. Was not aware when we purchased it that cruise control is not standard on all cars. Since we have had the car the front bumper and left headlight had to be replaced apparently due to shipping. They were both scratched up and not fixable without replacing them. Now at less than 2500 yes read that again less than "2500" miles the transmission has to be replaced!!! Apparently there have been 26 Kia Forte's that have had this problem and now I am # 27. I like the feel of the car, the color, all the Bluetooth options and the roominess but so far I have not been impressed at all with running of it. I have not even had this car 2 months and it has spent more time in the shop than I have had it to drive. Sorry Kia wish I could give a better review!

Problems

Steve, 09/05/2018
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 2017 Kia forte. I have read about transmission problem and missing problems. I had these problems as well. My car has 78000 miles on it. I am a lift driver that is the reason I have so many miles on it. Anyways I don't know if this will help anyone. But I took it to the dealer and was told I needed a three point fuel claening. Had that done witch I am Shure I needed anyways. I changed the spark plugs witch looked real bad. Still trans and shaking continue. Kia kept checking into it. They told me it was the upper right hand motor mount. I still didn't think this would solve the problem. Went and picked up a motor mount and had it put in as a result it solved all the shaking and the transmission is fine. The car is running as the day in took it off the lot. Very happy. Thanks to Jack at Lincolnwood Kia. Hope this review is helpful to someone 😁

I love my Forte!

Elliott, 02/18/2018
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

My 2017 Forte is my second-ever car, following the Accord I'd had for 9 years. I love the interior of the Forte - the first time I ever sat in it, I felt like a CEO, and the feeling hasn't faded. It's just so classy - the display is so nice and I really love the design of the seats. The front seat has plenty of leg room and the back seat has plenty of space. I'm 5'8" and my boyfriend is 6'5" and we agree that the front seat is really comfy and accommodating for tall folk. I adore the outside of the car, too - the little front windows between the windshield and the mirrors (what do you call those?) are so charming to me. The only kind of off-putting thing about this car is that the display lights up even if your headlights aren't on. That took some getting used to, and I definitely accidentally drove with my lights off a couple of times the first week. I have the LX with the popular package and I think the technology is perfect - I really enjoy having a back-up camera and the displays are all really user-friendly and aesthetically attractive. I've only had my Forte since December but so far, I love her. BTW, everyone says the acceleration is lackluster but nah, it's perfect, especially if you have it in sport mode. Also, the fuel economy is really good! I can get 40 mph if I'm going a long distance without traffic, but around town I tend to get about 29, which still ain't bad.

Lemon Forte

Joseph, 07/05/2018
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this P.O.S Forte on May 27 2017 at first it was a good car then six months into owning it the car began to act funny I took it to the dealer they did nothing so a few months later it just went downhill. Some days it wouldn't accelerate good and it was not cranking right. Then on June 17 2018 the engine light came on and flashed six times which is a sign that something wasn't good. I took it to the dealer and they thought it was the ignition coils they changed them and I left the lot. An hour later the engine light came back on and I took it back wound up being the whole engine was useless. The cylinder misfire is common knowledge to KIA but they won't recall the car hopefully I will be getting rid of this car soon. I will never buy a Kia again.

Check everything

jerry, 10/23/2017
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The center armrest is to far back. The automatic driver window is not set up to go up automatically, To many unnecessary features (Turn signals 3,5,7.)Just use the signal and then turn off. The worst lack of feature "NO CD PLAYER".I don't have an I pad and don't plan on getting one. So , NO DISKS.....No daytime driving lights that go on when you start the vehicle. It has to be a manual operation. Radio is not easy to set up and hold desired stations.

Kia Love!

Mzcnnd, 12/20/2017
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I just purchased my 2017 Forte last month, but I love it already. I previously owned a 2015 and a 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage, which professional reviewers hated. I never understood their complaints about those cars until I bought my Kia. I suppose when you test drive cars for a living, there is a huge difference in the ride of a low-end (cheap) vehicle versus a top of the line luxury car. But bottom line is cars all do essentially the same thing. Yes, I know that heated seats and navigation systems and leather interiors are nice, but they really are not necessary. The only thing I would be willing to pay more money for is a safer vehicle. (There is not one car out there that can guarantee I won't be hurt or worse in it, so nothing is worth the cost of a small house!) That being said, I got a lot of bang for my buck with this Kia. Great looks, nice ride, awesome gas mileage. I do see the difference in the handling vs my Mirage. I do now know why horsepower (or lack of) is important. Still, I don't need a Lexus or Mercedes to get a comfortable ride and nice interior. I'm definitely experiencing Kia love!

Seriously!?

Ralakees, 01/19/2019
EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Vehicle is a great commute car. The remote fails half of the time to unlock and secure vehicle because the sensor on the vehicle reads the presence of the remote inconsistently. Overall, the vehicle is probably near the top of its class. Greatly dislike the Pandora feature and would prefer a CD player any day of the week.

Kia is not my Forte!

Josie, 03/04/2019
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the vehicle brand new. Within three days, I heard a rattle in the engine upon acceleration and horrible wind noise around driver side window. I returned to the dealership and was told this is normal..."The noise is because of the outside mirror design." Now the transmission is slipping out of gear...automatic...and is hesitating. When the air conditioner is on I hear a "whistling/whining" noise. Turn it off, it goes away. I have driven this vehicle 27,000 miles and it seems to be falling apart. Would never recommend a Forte to anyone.

Nice car, could be better

DMtampaFL, 10/09/2017
EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Recently purchased a 2017 Kia Forte EX and I love it. From the second I started the test drive I knew it was the car for me. It has great handling and is pretty quick for a 4 cylinder. The interior has nice materials and easy to use controls. Even though it’s a new car and needs to be broken in, I have been getting around 30-32mpg almost all city driving ( but I do tend to drive a little fast.) The only con I have with this car is that even on the EX model (without the premium plus package) the drivers seat isn’t electric and there is no auto dimming mirror. It’s not a deal breaker but they would be nice without having to pay ~$5k more. Overall this is a great car and offers great value for what you pay for. UPDATE 10/10/18: I’ve had the car for about a year now and it hasn’t given me any problems. My only complaints are that the acceleration is poor which is what is kind of expected for this class, and the transmission feels like it tries too hard to shift up to the next gear while accelerating. The car is also very light, when driving on the highway if there are strong winds you can feel it a lot and it will make the car swerve in the lane. I can’t even believe it is as bad as it is. Overall the car has been great and the maintenance costs aren’t too bad so I would say it has been a great car for what was paid. UPDATE 4/10/20: Have had the car for almost 3 years and have only had one problem with water getting in the taillights but they were replaced under warranty. The transmission is very clunky and tries too hard to find the right gear, but the people at the dealership said it’s normal and to drive it until there is a check engine light. Other than that I’ve had no issues with the car.

A great value!

E. Wiatrek, 05/14/2017
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The 2017 Forte is a beautiful auto. The kicker is the 5 yr. basic warranty vs the 3 yr warranty on most other makes. The car drives well, looks great, feels solid, and is highly dependable. The only distraction I've encountered is the minor "lag" in acceleration when trying to moderately increase speed at around 40 -- 50 mph. There's a slightly noticeable dead zone. Additionally, there might be an anomaly with the emergency autonomous braking system -- it sometimes fails to warn of a possible frontal collision, but it may be just my not having an imminent collision situation. Kia says they can't check it out thoroughly. Other than that, I see nothing but a great deal and happy ownership with my Forte 2.0 liter purchase.

If you're not loving driving Kia U R just driving

Blair, 06/27/2017
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This is my NEW review. I have had the car now since June 26, 2017. It now has approximately 7000 miles on it. I am still in love with this car. It is a comfortable, roomy car. The performance is excellent. The gas mileage is excellent. The color "blue" is great. Do I really love this car: YES

4dr sedan kia forte lx

Darin robles, 05/17/2017
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I and my wife purchased a brand new kia forte lx on the 9th of may and ill tell you what.the car has so much to offer in a kia that i and my wife was immpressed with all the features it has in todays technology.performance and the design was amazing.i consider this car to be a sports luxury car buts its immpressive looks are deceiving for a 4dr sedan.i love driving this car thats shows sporty look and luxury at the same time.pricing for the car was good and affordable payments.its cheaper to finance this car through kia.they gave us a 5.9% and 72 months.saved us 5000 dollars for 1 year of payments we wont have to pay into at 84months.they work hard to get us out from our negative equity in our last car and got us into a brand new car.i just about fell over because i didnt think we both would qualify for a new loan,but kia made it happen.i would recommend anyone to purchase a car from kia.prescott,valley az.my 09 toyota corrolla i purchased back in 15' at prescott honda was insane.had put way too many parts replacements in the past 21 months.p.o.s i wouldnt recommend this car.though its been told that toyota lasts longer but parts are expensive.our budget is now more efficient for us.stress and money maintaince free with our new kia.dont forget when you break a car in,you must brake it easy not hard and steer soft on turns and accelerate gently.maintain oil and filter changes and air filters too.your dealer will help you keep track of your maintainence so you can have a car that will run for years to come and less problems to deal with if not like most people do,they run their cars to the ground and expect no problems.wake up america.if you take good care of your kids so much then why dont you do the same for your car.

Nice car but

FrankJ, 11/27/2018
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The exterior looks more high end than it is. If you’re tall or to put it mildly heavyset the car is not easy to get in and out of. The major complaints are few. The transmission feels confused and sometimes holds a gear a little too long. The road noise is too much at times. The Bluetooth is not always on point where it forgets devices the gas mileage is great on 2 lane roads getting as high as 50 mpg. The car has a cavernous trunk for a smaller car the cost to service the car is easy the dealership is supportive and friendly. There isn’t much to complain about. The reliability is amazing, the car is fantastic in snow. It is value packed for the money yet there are better cars to be had none immediately come to my mind.

Not your Grandma's kinda quiet!

3DRoyal, 04/06/2019
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car brand new in 2017 and it was to build up credit and replace my aging Ford Aerostar.I will admit it was nice driving for the first few weeks but thats where the love affair ended. I noticed the wind noise became almost frustrating to the point I'd blast the radio to drown it out. Oh and the Audio sucks on this car. The rear speakers are just about in audible, and it seems odd that everything sounds great when playing SirusXM stations but local radio is reduced in quality? But my job purchased a new 2018 Ford F450 and all the local radio stations kick butt compared to my car. The seating is nice and the ride is smooth enough for me although their is considerable road noise. The only bad thing I can say is the interior noise leaves me to not recommend this car to anyone.

I hate it passionately!!

KiaHater, 01/29/2019
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Ok..too many fake reviews here..so let me honest!! I've had my car for a little over 1 year. Right away I hated the wind sound. I read "the interior is quiet." No. Far from it!! It sounds like a wind tunnel in there! Second, the brakes. I just about get whiplash the first 3 to 5 times I step on my brake...EVERYTIME I drive it. Third, it has zero power! Do NOT pull out into traffic unless you have plenty of time to possibly almost stall out and get out of the way in time. Cant even count how many times it bogs down EVERY time I drive it. Fourth, the tires SUCK! Again..if the ground is AT ALL wet, I cant pull out unless I have plenty of time as they WILL spin. They also squeak when I turn. Had this checked..was told my tire must have hit the painted line. They are now spongy and losing air at 14,000 miles. Fifth, the wheel wells. This is NOT an ok Minnesota winter car. Whoever said this is a great car in snow must sell fortes because that is so far from the truth!! The snow builds up in the well so badly that I have to stop and get it out. I had 5 minutes til I got home after a 2 inch snowfall. I decided to try to make it home. Nope. Snow built up and broke the protector thing in there so now that rubs on my tire. Its duct tape til I DARE to drive it to Kia. I fear a trip there will land me in jail! Ok..where are we..sixth issue windshield wipers. They do not clear the whole window. Washer fluid does not spray far. Therefore, theres about a 12 inch tall by 6 inch area that gets completely white on a salty splashy road! Again, if I want to drive safe I need to get out and clear it by throwing 10 handfuls of snow on it. Seventh, the heat sucks on low..and if you turn it up it's as bad as the natural wind tunnel. With all this said...passengers hate riding with me!! Again.. I hate this car!!

The best 'economy car' there is.

Charles S, 09/26/2017
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned this car since brand new, today marks one year of me having it. My MPG is at least 15% higher than the mileage shown on the sticker, I get at least 40 on the highway when I'm not even trying to be conservative. The car has 25k miles, and I have not had a single issue. I drove cross country with my Forte, and it excelled above any rental I've ever driven in comfort , efficiency, and acceleration on the highway. I would highly, highly recommended the Forte. Plus, Kia gave me 3 years free routine maintenance, awesome customer service, they care that you come back.

Thanks for selling me a death trap, Kia

Dbiddy , 09/17/2019
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

(Not so) funny thing happened the other day in my 2017 Kia Forte. I was driving through a roundabout and my engine locked up on me. I couldn’t take it out of drive, I couldn’t continue driving, and all of my computer functions shut down (my screens shut off, radio shut down, gauges shut off) but the car was still running. My sister (who also owns a 2017 Kia Forte) had that problem while parked in her driveway (thankfully). Another thing- recall these faulty trunk latches Kia!! Not only have both mine AND my sisters’ trunk latches broken within 2 years of ownership, but a friend of ours who has owned 2 Kia Souls has had the same issue. It’s absurd. I will NEVER own another Kia after this. I’m trying to spread awareness to other potential car owners- stay away from this car.

Forte for me!

Melissa C., 06/27/2017
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I spent a good deal of time on the day that I decided I was buying a car with looking at different types online, reading reviews, checking prices, my credit score, blah blah blah. By the end of the day when it was time to go to the dealership, I had decided a Kia Rio was gonna be the best for me. After back and forth with my salesman, we decided I would test drive a 2017 Kia Forte, a car I hadn't even considered all day. It was great! Spent some time after that dickering the price down to something I could live with and hit the road in my new vehicle. I haven't had it terribly long yet, but it drives like a dream so far. And the warranty they gave with the vehicle gives me the peace of mind knowing that if something should arise, it will be taken care of. Many thanks to my local Kia dealership!

Surprised to have fallen in love with my Kia

Kari, 01/03/2018
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

10 years ago, I would have laughed at the mention of purchasing a Kia. However, the brand come a long way in the past decade. I got my Kia Forte December 1, 2017. After having it for a month, I can say that I'm impressed. Many complain about the acceleration but it is a compact sedan, not a sport car. However, she has adequate power to pass even the sports cars if need be. The interior of the cabin is comfortable. The controls are easily acessible. And surprisingly, the MPG gets 32 combined as promised by Kia, even when I'm feeling heavy footed. When I'm cruising, sometimes I average 44 MPG. Aside from that, it's a classy looking car. I have absolutely been smitten with the Kia brand. I will update in a few years to let everyone know if the prospective reliability holds true.

I am in love with my 2017 Kia Forte S

Jenna, 02/12/2017
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car is amazing, I have only had for 1 day but I love everything about it. The only thing that I was it had is a spare tire instead of a tire inflation kit. Also I wish it had another USB port, but those are nit picky things. Amazing car!

My awesome, good looking, great value economy car

Stephen Cane, 03/06/2018
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

After 6 months of driving, still loving it! Not changing anything else in this review, all the high ratings still stand. Would like to add that we have an awesome dealership here in Quincy, Il. though! Was after a good economy car to replace a 10 year old Hyundai Elantra. (The Elantra was a good experience for us, but I was amazed at how far this class has come in the past ten years. We have or have had higher end cars/ SUVs/ mini-vans.) We found it in this Kia Forte S model with the tech package option. Quality of materials, features, ride, styling, roominess, just a good overall, well refined design. And at a really good price, so a great value to top it all off. We have only had this car for a month, but we are really loving it!

#Happykiadriver

#Happykiadriver, 07/21/2018
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Just purchased a 2017 Kia forte very happy been buying Kia’s for the past 20 years at Joe Myers.Go ask Alex.

Amazing car if you live somewhere warm!

Sarah M., 11/12/2019
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my 2017 Kia Forte for almost two years now and have had absolutely NO problems with it. Even if I did, Kia gives a 5 year manufacturer's warranty, so repairs will be covered into 2022! It gets amazing gas mileage and has a huge amount of room in the cabin and the trunk, especially for a sedan. The Bluetooth can be a little glitchy at times, but with all things considered, this is a VERY minor issue. The only thing I will warn is to not buy this car if you're not used to driving FWD vehicles in winter conditions. I've always had Jeeps, so this car just doesn't perform well enough for me personally in the winter. It also has a little bit of an issue with hydroplaning when it rains sometimes (not all the time, it's hit or miss). Overall though, this is a very reliable car. The only reason I'm trading it in is because I live in the northeastern United States, and I can't see myself getting around in this car very well during winter (Jeeps have spoiled me). But if this is something you're good with, by all means, buy this car!

Kia forte S Sedan

Justin, 03/25/2017
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

S model is great in gas. 29 city/ 38 highway EPA estimates. 2017 model has new 2.0 L engine with 6 gear automatic. 2017 has automatic headlight setting, backup camera, Bluetooth. I believe s and ex models come with touchscreen head unit that has Apple CarPlay/ Android Auto.

Great Value the Forte Shines

Russ B., 04/06/2018
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The 2017 Kia Forte is a great value for it's class. The only shortcoming I have with the car is it could use a bit more power. But I am willing to sacrifice that for the excellent gas mileage I am getting. The Forte is eye catching and the interior is spacious and comfortable. I have never owned a Kia before but I must say it has not disappointed me. It rides well and stops very well due to the 4 wheel disc brakes. It does have a firm ride but not too firm. The trunk is huge and there is ample room for passengers in the rear seating area. The steering is quick and responsive. Road noise is acceptable for this class as well. All in all a great little car I plan to have for sometime to come.

Great, economical Car

HRN, 11/07/2017
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first experience with a Kia and I am really happy. Traded a Toyota Camry and the Kia is a much better car. Better finished better pick up better comfort. Better price

Suprisingly good car

Dan Davis, 08/02/2018
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've been traveling a great deal and this is one of my favorite small rental cars. Electronics/entertainment with the upgraded S model are great, with a very functional Apple CarPlay. Climate controls are simple and easy to use. Handling, the car has very easy turning and control. In the S trim, I felt a significant difference from the LX. This is probably due to the alloy rims and wider tires on the S vs the LX. I would definitely opt for an S if I were in the market for this type of car. It's great for non freeway roads, parking, small turning radius, things you want if you're looking for a runabout or short freeway hop vehicle. Response from the engine is good up to normal speeds, a bit sluggish once you start trying to pass people at 70+ (or around 80) as is common in larger metro areas. As the engine is not a turbo, there's no turbo lag and power delivery is very smooth. Excellent gas mileage too. Seating in small cars is usually a big deal for me, as I'm a bit overweight. However, this was very comfortable compared to other small cars. There is only one car in this category I've liked better (excluding the Accent, which is essentially the same) after driving a slew of similar vehicles from many manufacturers, and that was the Chevy Cruze. The Cruze has more power, more style, and better electronics. However, Cruze also has auto engine stop and a small displacement turbo, which may be maintenance issues in the future. It's also slightly more expensive.

worst car I ever owned

susan c, 01/12/2018
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

terrible defroster. Turning it on actually fogs up the windshield sometimes. It takes forever to clear windshield. windshield washer solution often freezes on contact so driver cannot see. Large blind spots in front and back that totally hide a car or a person. Pulling out is dangerous; it has very slow pick-up, especially if starting on a hill or pulling out in traffic. Tires spin on wet roads, similar to a Honda. Headlights do not automatically turn off when engine turns off. The only indicator is a tiny light on the dashboard screen that can be hidden by the steering wheel (no beep). Dashboard lights up even when headlights are not turned on; one has to be careful to remember that headlights are not on at dusk, even though dash is lit up. I find this to have been a dangerous car for an older person to use. I dislike this car very much, but, of course, its resale value is so much less than purchase price. Update: The windshield freezing up might be due to RainX. Everything else is the same. The car so far is reliable and runs well. New more expensive tires helped with traction.

Great car for the money

David H, 11/24/2017
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Got hit hard in my 2015 Kia Forte, bought the 2017, couldn't be happier with my 2nd time. It's a joy to drive ad own. Kia West Atlanta car dealership, however is the worst.

Great low price car

Scott, 06/11/2018
EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Fuel mileage can be better overall if you're going to spend less than 25000 on a car this will be the one to buy did you get the e x with a plus package it is a great car for the price

Great Car

JG, 02/24/2018
EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Kia is reasonably priced and a great family vehicle. Not paying for bells and whistles, but not sacrificing quality or comfort

AWESOME CAR

George, 11/07/2018
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

have had car for year and half haven't had a single problem with it.get 36mpg.great entry level car.i have always driven toyotas but incredibly impressed with this car.

Nice car for a college student

Kmp, 11/08/2017
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Low gas mileage, nice car overall

Terrible Car

Vickie Hall, 10/18/2019
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have a 2017 Kia, purchased new. Has 34500 miles on it and has been in the shop 5 times for the same problem. Rough engine and engine light. Well this last time they said they can't replicate it, so they can't put in a ticket to KIA. I am done. I told them I will pick it up today and by next week there will be a different car in my drive but definitely not a KIA.

Not all it could be

Michael Johnson, 04/02/2018

Just a lil short

Great gas mileage

Dawnwoody, 12/13/2019
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this brand new in Dec. 2016. I drive for a living and it gets 38 mpg. I have 66,000 miles on it and never had any problems. Very happy with my Kia Forte.

2017 Kia Forte Review

Randy M, 02/18/2020
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I love the car, but the road noise from tires are loud. I ordered some sound deadening insulation, and am wanting to see how that is going to work out. Otherwise, I'm happy with the car.

I love my Forte S

Joe H., 05/26/2020
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I also owned a 2015 Kia Forte, and upgraded and bout the 2017 Kia Forte S brand new. The driver's inside arm rest is a bit far back and it's useless, that's true. The mileage is amazing. I regularly get 40 mph and it costs $20 to fill up my tank. Those are Prius numbers back a decade ago. If you're going to get the touch screen, download Andriod Auto (or the Apple equivalent) as it will improve that experience exponentially. Get a charging cable for your phone. I wish it had a dock or wireless charging holder. I have driven this car across the country a few times. I had no issues on 1,000 miles of continuous driving. I have had no issues traversing the Rocky Mountains. In Sport-Mode it will hit 130 mph tested and confirmed. It's safe, and fits my wife and child in their car seat beautifully. The trunk is sizable. Comfortably travel with luggage and a pack and play. The steering wheel grips nicely, cruise control and audio volume work nicely. It didn't come with a spare which I found annoying, but you hit a button on the touch screen for Kia Assist and they just come out to you. I wasn't sure about it, but I caught a flat 1,300 miles from home in the middle of the desert and sure enough within 20 minutes I had a tow truck taking me to a shop to get it fixed and I just paid for the repair. No real complaints on that. It has an app that syncs with the car that runs diagnostics, it tracks where you park if you want to use that functionality. You can access all types of news, sports, and financial data through the apps. Easily listen to Spotify, Pandora, Audible, or Google Music all with voice control. Seats are reasonably comfortable even on long rides. They lay back quite a ways if you need to catch a cat nap. I wish my windows would have been tinted, and I wanted a moon roof, but honestly, it hasn't really had much impact.

Best car

Dan, 05/28/2020
EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Got new 2017 forte. Driven 70k miles already not one single problem car is even fun to drive with 6 speed manual highly recommended

51050