Used 2015 Kia Forte Sedan Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Kia Forte Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Quick for a economy car
By passthedutch

2015 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

According to Car and Driver, it goes to 60 in 7.4 seconds... I swear it's even quicker than that. Go test drive a 2.0GDI from 2014-2016 (they reduced horsepower in the 2017+ models) and you'll see. The only thing that will give this thing a run for it's money is a Mazda 3, and even then it's a close one.

Great car for the price
By David H

2015 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Great valve for the price. Runs great and looks nice.

Not a bad purchase overall
By Satisfied enough

2015 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have had this car for about 2 months now, I loved the sleek style of this car. Silver with Black wheel covers and the darkest tinted windows I have ever seen. Interior design is nice as well and cleans up great. The car has attitude! (visually) I saw the dealer I bought it from listed it on car gurus, as having premium pckg moon roof and leather and it was sharp! I get there and its a base model, no premium ANYTHING! Not even cruise control. I test drove the 6 speed manual silver Slow poke and realized it was a great gas saver and really, Drove pretty easily. The 1st bad thing I noticed immediately... the power, It has none! Even winding out the engine on the highway to get every ounce of power for just catching cruising speeds can make you feel like your in a damned ford escort from the 90s. (No attitude there) The clutch engages great but when the car is cold the engine seems to rev when the clutch is pressed and it makes shifting a bit challenging for smooth operation. (I have extensive experience driving manual) this one needs some RPMs in order to get her going from a dead stop. It is fun to drive in town. The tires however are horrible for taking corners. You can not push this car, its a cruiser/gas saver...treat it like that, haha. Stereo is crap,Bluetooth hooks up after about 30-60 seconds, even when your phone is hooked up. It isn't user friendly. I have another ride with a cheap little replacement stereo that hooks up as soon as the car is on. its fast, I was going to replace the head unit but that's 400 bucks!!! No thanks! Also, I have Sirius radio and its okay, but the sound overall is very bad. "Door speakers only?" yeah that's what i said... if its going to suck most areas...this area is NOT one of them that should lack, I dislike the skimping for sound systems. Yeah yeah I know, there are upgraded versions. But the base model should still have SOME KIND OF SOUND QUALITY! But it does not. Steering...its tight and is okay, seems a bit "go carty" no real center established and likes to pull to the right a bit. Its been aligned. Overall its just a learning curve, I do not really notice it now. Gas mileage is nice, but I haven't seen 37 mpg yet. I am not much of a highway driver, I am pulling in about 25 mpg consistently. My 2005 stratus got 17 mpg so, its a nice jump. Paid 9k and I am not to upset about it. had 40k miles and currently the only engine issue seems to be valve train rattle on low end of RPMs. It isn't to bad but I can tell its going to be, guess ill have it serviced and try to keep her purring. One more thing I dislike, the suspension is very stiff when you hit larger bumps, the rear end actually tries to swing out from under you...so go very slow over tracks and such. But!... I would have to say though after driving this thing for a couple months, it is rather nice to look at and it is a head turner even though it lacks in performance she still has that, "ohh that's nice" quality. I find myself climbing into it and thinking I finally have piece of mind about the car I own. Just know its not a performance ridden sound system having corner taking mustang, its great for daily driving or highway travel. (interstate, not so much) with the Interstate being a pot hole haven this ride is not going to handle it. One big bump with the wrong person driving this car, your in the ditch. I guess most of this post is negative, well, I have a need/want for a certain kind of vehicle, I did not buy that..I bought cheap and reliable, this car is just that. I shall buy another ride for interstate driving corner taking and bump absorption. Now go buy a 6 speed KIA, floor it, and cruise through town like you own it! Because cruising is all you can do in this thing!

16,000 car? How much more do you want?
By Rich

2015 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I'm a skeptical guy, and I don't believe advertising. That said, this car is incredible. My second Kia. The last was a new Optima 2012 EX, also great. I leased this one after 3 years with the Optima, and stepped down because a) my lease $ dropped from 295 to 165 and b) I couldn't tell the diff between the models on the road until I was right on top of them. Comfort-wise, just about as comfy (great seats and leg room) but a little smaller than the Optima, but no issue for me and I'm 6'2" and 225. Given the price, I don't see how I could have done better. Good for 5 people, the 1.8 engine is just fine, and on the highway I get between 42 and 46 mpg @ 65-70. Amazing. Around town/stop and go it's more like 23-24. As far as the rest, it's a great car. 29k miles and no service issues; wife and I just finished a 3000 mile road trip in it. $16,500 MSRP, are you kidding?

OMG are you serious here?
By Ann Angel-Parker

2015 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I'm coming from a little Scion which was purchased primarily for it's performance and gas mileage. However, the older I get the less I can take a bumpy ride. So I began the search for a sedan with a better ride and more comfort. Since my husband had recently bought a Kia Sportage and loved it, I looked into the Forte. I purchased my car through a deal offer on Edmunds and am I happy? You Bet Cha! I'm getting 31to 32 miles per gallon and the smoothest ride anyone could want. I got a great price and the Hendrix Group in Concord, NC, followed through on the deal with no bait and switch! Love the service, car and the price. Thanks Edmonds for making the introduction1