Used 2014 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Water leaking
By P Williams

2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I took my car to the shop 6 months after purchase for water damage in the truck and the back seat in March of 2016. I had to fight tooth and nail to get them to replace the back seat and trunk pieces as they had mold growing on them. I am now having the same problem but much worst. My daughter is HIGHLY Allergic to mold which is growing in my trunk and along my back seat. I have a pond of water in my trunk and apparently no one cares. The car has a horrible odor as if I left raw meat in it for weeks. It is very disappointing dealing with this.

What a catastrophic fail
By CY

2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We bought the 2014 Kia Forte used from a trusted dealership. At first it was a great little car. My husband liked it because it was on the sportier side and got fantastic gas mileage. Well, 2 years in on owning it, having only put on 20k miles, and the speedometer only at 62k miles the Kia had a catastrophic failure with no warning. My husband parked in the driveway the night before and everything was fine. 15 minutes on his way to work the next day the engine starting knocking. He parked checked the oil and it wasnt registering. We put 2.5 qts of oil in it which it burnt through in 25 minutes. Let it sit for a couple days and looked under the hood again to notice that the radiator was almost dry as well. There is no visible leak and no lights that came on; no smoke/drips coming out the tail pipe either. Talked to a couple places and they said it would be more to repair it than to buy a new engine. At 62k miles, with recorded maintenance records, this is .... (you can fill in the blank). Kia NEEDS to have a recall on their engines. Such a catastrophic fail with no warning on such a new vehicle with low miles is unacceptable.

2nd Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By K Copeland

2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I was always a U.S. manufacturer car buyer, never owned anything other than Chevy or Ford. Then it was time to buy new and being a single woman, I felt the need to have a great warranty. KIA/Hyundai have the very BEST warranty. I like cars that have pickup so usually drove straight drives, but decided I wanted an automatic but still with pickup so bought the KIA Forte EX with the 2.0 liter engine, 176 horsepower and am very happy with it. I looks good (black on black). I love the LED lights and the folding door mirrors for looks and the styling is unique and sporty with 16 in wheels. I have driven it for almost 5 years, and had zero problems, nothing has been replaced or had to be fixed. Little to no vibrations. Gas mileage is not great but it's the way I drive and where I drive, not just the bigger engine.

Honeymoon is over.
By ari

2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I’ve owned this car for 4 years. I loved her up until recently. Bought brand new, no issues other than routine maintenance. I mean she’s always got me to work and school but... Tire sensor was replaced under warranty at 7k, and at 60k, I noticed water was leaking into trunk after it rained. I live it in Florida and it’s always raining in the summer.Apparently this is a common issue with the trunk leak and there are no recalls. Took car to dealer and they said I would have to pay for repairs since warranty expired. This will be my first and last Kia.

My car is killing me
By Paulette Hahn

2014 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 2014 Kia. My trunk had 2 feet of water in it. I took it in several times to get help but my concerns were dismissed by kia. They stated its just the way they are. The service was the worst I have ever encountered in my life, the service department actually fought between themselves arguing right in front of me. I felt very uncomfortable. Then by summer I was getting sick when I was driving my car, it took me a min to figure this out until one day I opened my trunk and oh my god the mold was everywhere and I am very sensitive to this. I have suffered 2 years because Kia wouldn't step up. Well I had enough ( I cant be in my car more than 20 min at a time, I cant have my Grandchildren in my car because they have asthma and are allergic to mold. Cant go on vacations in my car. I cant use my trunk or never could with the water pouring in so I have had to use my back seat causing ware and tare). I stopped by the Kia dealer just to retrieve a statement from them so I could sue them and they only at that time agreed to fix the problem, again the service sucked and ended up costing me $75.00 for a rental car wtf right. Well I got my car back and it rained and I opened my trunk only to find it still has water pouring in. So it was not the tail lights its the damn frame. The only thing different is now my doors make a horrible squeaking sound when opened. And still makes me very sick and Kia now saying they will help me but have not returned my calls. Help me my car is killing me!!!!!