Used 2000 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Will be buried in it if they allow
By Jeff Adams

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

After 18 years the body is in perfect condition mainly because it was garaged and kept clean. At 90K miles it performs super ... but the frame is junk in spite of the fact that each year I refreshed the undercoating. It rotted from the inside out. They frame split and took out the brake lines which caused a pretty bad accident. I had the frame welded and patched but now it is basically junk. I am 79 years old so I will be keeping it for my coffin or burial vault depending on what they will allow.

great ride
By nick m

Super dependable fun

Jeep for life
By Kathy Dorrough

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Actually don't have a 2016, Have a 2000 bought new, Snow storms to camping to fishing trips it is the best. 160,000 miles, normal wear and tear repairs only, recently make a 10 day trip towing a livin lite camper, my jeep didn't miss a beat. Best vehicle purchase of my life. go enjoy life in a Jeep!

14 Years, 160,000 Miles and Still Love It
By mbb624

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This site is full of people complaining about their ride, so I thought I'd put the good word in on my trusty Jeep. It's the ultimate "do everything" ride. Well-behaved except with high winds, great in the snow or marginal conditions, getting to hiking trails on crap roads. I take care of my vehicles and this Jeep has paid me back with outstanding reliability.

It's not the most comfortable, nor very quiet but that's not why you buy a Wrangler!

Update: I sold this Wrangler in August 2015, for a very good price and bought a 2016 Wrangler.

Loss of a friend
By The Surfer

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

The Jeep gave me 8 years of great fun. Both my daughter and son learned to drive a manual on this car. Original clutch with 149,000 miles. Great summer fun vehicle wish it hadn't been totaled. I would buy another one in a second. Great fun vehicle. Nothing major in 4 years of ownership. Very easy to work on reasonable parts cost and availability. Very reliable.

Top down sun in your face wind in your hair driving. Ease of maintenance and reliability.

Slanted windshield so rocks don't break windshield as often.