Used 1999 Jaguar XJR Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used XJR for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Love and Hate Relationship

9 Lives, 02/24/2004

I really enjoy driving this car, but I the hate tires it's riding on. It sometimes feels like I'm in a horse drawn carrige rolling 70mph over cobblestone streets. This car needs a wider variety of tires to choose from. Okay, The good is the XJR's stealth like appearence at stoplights when the little young bucks roll-up in their asian street rods or the occassional Mustang or Camaro? I kill the traction control and pop on the Sport Mode and give them a run for their money, so you know the 540 or 740 don't come close. The sporty yet classy interior is a plus.

Jag xjr

phugley, 09/25/2002

It's like driving a Corvette only with a real back seat.

WHAT A CAR

JAMIE LANGE, 10/19/2002

I OWNED A 1998 CADILLAC SEVILLE STS BEFORE I BOUGHT THIS JAGUAR AND I STILL DRIVE MY STS BUT NO WERE NEAR AS MUCH AS I DRIVE THE JAG IT IS A GREAT DEAL NICER INSIDE I DO LIKE THE STYLING ON THE OUTSIDE OF MY STS BETTER BUT OVERALL THE JAG WOULD BE MY FIRST CHOICE JAMIE C. LANGE

Good Bye Lexus Forever

JAg man, 10/02/2003

After being told that Japanese cars were the best out there by the media, I bought a LEXUS LS. WHAT A WASTE! The car had no soul like the Jaguar. People mistook it for a Camry. The valet always parked in the back. Now with the XJR, I always get a smile and the front row at resturants. No More POSURE cars for me. I love it!

good but not great

fechev, 10/17/2003

370 horses makes it fun, lots of subtle, head-turning class. My 3rd Jag, they're getting better each generation, but still disappointed in the little problems that pop up, like part failures, irritating rattling noises due to build quality, and electronics issues. Twice now it just stopped running out of the blue while driving, and dealer can't find problem. XJR has a tendency to hop when cornering and hitting a bump at speed, even with proper alignment and top of the line tires.

Low, Fast & Stylish

Ernie J, 01/17/2004

I like the way the car looks and the way it handles. The supercharged engine is smooth and powerful. It leaves the line with no hesitation. The gas milage is great considering the size and weight of the car. The low profile Pirilie P zero tires ride a little harsh at slow speeds on rough pavement.

My 99 XJR is a blast

fastrich, 05/08/2004

This car is fantastic. It's way too easy to hit 100mph at the end of a merge lane entering the freeway. Change lanes like a nut at over 80 mph and the car hugs the road like lane paint.

Jaguar 1999 XJR

toyhunting, 10/24/2004

This car is the most fun to drive. I have been stop and ask to slow down but no tickets as of today.

51050