Used 2007 Jaguar XJ-Series Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jaguar XJ-Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ-Series model:

Embarrassingly joyful to own
By Marvin

2007 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

More than you expect! Beautiful style; friends, relatives, casuals can't help but comment in envying way. Fast; minimal repairs in my 9 yrs. ownership. Over 20 mpg really! It's now 11 model yrs. old and don't know if i should look for a newer vehicle or take my chances going forward, knowing how costly Jag repairs can be. For now, staying pat. PS. Handles and accelerates like a sports car. Should be sold as a luxury sports sedan. Still on my original tires.

Still Growling -2/28/2018
By Bill M.

2007 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

In Radiant Red, people always say, "What a beautiful car!, is it yours?" And Lexus / Infinity have to style after 2-year old Audi's. And Honda, excuse me, Acura, don't get me started.

Stunning Big Cat!
By Brian Mac

2007 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 L 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Incredibly smooth and quiet ride. Surprisingly quick and nimble for a car of this size. Far more class and comfort for far less money than comparable German cars when purchased preowned. Reliability has been flawless for the 10,000 miles I have owned it. Took a road trip and drove 23 hours with fuel stops only and found this car does not wear you out even after hours behind the wheel. LOVE THIS CAR!!!
08/31/2017-Owned 1-1/2 years & 20,000 miles now. I get bored with cars quickly, trade every year or two for something different. However, not this one. I still get excited to jump in for a weekend cruise thru the mountains or down the coast of New England. I own an auto repair shop so I know cars pretty well and this one is proving to be much more reliable than the German counterparts owned by my customers. It rides infinitely smoother and quieter. During spirited driving it may not corner quite as well as well as a BMW however, for a car this large it comes close. I would take the ride quality over the cornering agility any day. Reliability has been very good with a thermostat replacement being the only repair in the 20,000 miles I have owned it. What a pleasure to drive...and even at 10 years old it still turns heads everywhere I go!
03/01/2018- I must say I am still absolutely in love with this car. Again reliability has remained excellent with no repairs needed since my last review. Car still rides limo smooth & quiet. Looking forward to another year with my Jag!

Cry in' Time
By Barbara Billiot

2007 Jaguar XJ-Series Vanden Plas 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Love it! Hate to sell it but have two other vehicles and don't Use it as should be used! It will break my heart but it's for its own good and someone else's luck!

A beauty!
By John

2007 Jaguar XJ-Series XJ8 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

A beautiful car inside and out. A very British look makes heads turn when you drive it. Smooth powerful engine that gets excellent gas mileage - typically 28mpg highway driving. Navi system a bit difficult to use and has a great display.

Classic British looks that's unique, beautiful leather interior, wonderful smooth ride. Nice and helpful parking sensors - front, sides and rear.

Navigation system is hard to use. Turn indicators on the mirrors would be nice.