Used 1997 Isuzu Trooper SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Trooper for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

2003 Review

Nolan Bryant, 02/08/2003

Realiability has been a good experience for me.

lovin it

mroute, 11/05/2005

Had 1 problem in 2 years, a broken power steering hose. A little heavy on the gas consumption, but it is a big vehicle. Nice tall ride, able to see all the other idiots coming at me in traffic. Comfy.

I own a Rodeo and wanted a Trooper

ccarnes, 03/18/2012

My wife and I just bought our Trooper w/ 133 k miles for 3K. The previous owner told me about the oil cooler o-rings leaking oil. Through the research I had done, I knew this was a common and easy to fix problem. Isuzu fixed the oil leak problem in 98, but it is very common in every year before that. ALL ISUZU'S USE LOTS OF OIL. It does not affect performance or longevity. I feel like I could go anywhere in our Trooper. It still looks sharp, but at 6'4" and 300 lb. it is a little cramped for me in the drivers seat. My kids have much more space in the back seat than they do in my Rodeo.

Perfect family car

Jay Vaughn, 09/13/2010

Great and reliable vehicle, it has a strong unstoppable motor, automatic trans but it works great, 4wd works well never have had a single issue. has 225,176 miles. still stronger then ever runs like brand new. Have all paperwork on it its well maintained i would never want more from it.

BEST SUV DEAL

femurfx, 05/14/2003

The best value out there for a vehicle that is 100% reliable, roomy and honestly fun to drive. I didn'y think I would like it as much as I do.