Used 2007 Isuzu i-Series Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Isuzu i-Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific i-Series model:

Best $ I've spent in a long time on a vehicle
By NuMex

2007 Isuzu i-Series i-370 LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

This is Isuzu's version of the GM Colorado/Canyon. As such, resale is lower, which I took full advantage of. For the money as a basic truck, it's been a great buy. Interior materials are cheesy but durable. At 200,000 miles, still runs like a champ, uses no oil, and doesn't show any signs of slowing down. Other than regular maintenance, only repairs have been for minor things like replacing the tailgate latch. This engine family was designed for durability and low maintenance, and in my experience this has been proven to be true.

Best vehicle ever owned in 50 years of driving!
By Doktorschley

2007 Isuzu i-Series i-370 LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

This decked-out I-370 is the best vehicle I have ever owned. With 247,000 miles on it, the only work it has EVER needed was a power-steering pump, rack-and-pinion at 222,000. The all-leather interior with motorized heated seats makes it a dream for long-distance travel. Performance-wise, it got the best gas mileage in its class when I bought it, and I improved that with a straightened tail pipe (to accommodate a full-sized spare) and the addition of a Magna-Flo muffler system ($164) and a K & N air filter ($50). It has better power than a comparable Tacoma and better gas mileage (Highway average at speed is about 23-24 mpg, but I have gotten as high as 31 mpg!). The 4WD on the fly system is also great. It is an Isuzu design, with requisite GM features such as automatic on-off lights (interior and exterior) that never let you burn out your battery. I have always run Big-O AT OFF-ROAD radials, and have gotten as much as 90,000 miles out of a set of tires on five-way rotation. The secret to owning this vehicle is regular servicing at a reliable dealer, and a good wash, including undercarriage, every two weeks. The fact that it is a GMC-Canyon/Chevrolet-Colorado clone makes any parts replacement extremely affordable.

Did exactly what I needed it to
By MtnRoad

2007 Isuzu i-Series i-290 S 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

I owned the 2007 Isuzu i-290 4cyl, auto trans w/ OD. This review is after I sold it before I moved overseas. I want people to know how good the truck was when I owned it. I bought it with low miles from a "stealership." Despite the goat-rope and lies spilling out of the stealership employees mouths trying to convince me to purchase warranties and other stuff, I managed to escape with a good price after they had me waiting and waiting almost 7 hours to pay cash for it. Idiots. My experience at the stealership was so bad in fact I will never go back into one to buy a car. My Isuzu was gently owned and had low miles, about 22,000. I paid $11,500 and it was exactly what I wanted. No frills dependable transportation with utility. I hadn't had much luck in the past with power options on other cars so this truck was perfect as it did NOT have power windows or power door locks. I have to admit the Isuzu front end looks a lot better than the Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon. I got a lot of compliments on the truck. It had great storage behind the front row bench seat and it also had the extra side doors and two jumper seats that folded up. I used the truck bed quite a lot to move heavy equipment, large items, and on one occasion I helped a neighbor move a piano that was extremely heavy. It took six people who barely picked up and loaded the piano in the back of the truck. Yeah it was low in the back and probably way over the payload but it had no problem. Acceleration on the truck with the 4cyl was always pretty good. Gas mileage was good too. The interior was really nice and functional. The AC was freezing cold and all the controls and everything worked great. I didn't want to sell the truck but had to when I moved overseas. While I was overseas I saw several Isuzu trucks just like mine that had diesel engines and I wanted one. It amazes me how you see all these great vehicles and fuel efficient engine options while overseas but we don't have them in the US. I can't really fault the truck as it did everything I needed during my ownership minus one small issue that would come up every now and then...The truck sometimes would not start. It would crank and crank but would not start, and the security icon would be illuminated on the gauge cluster. After a few minutes it would start no problem and the security icon would disappear. Only happened a couple times. I had no idea how or why that would happen, and most likely was due to something I was doing with the keys and ignition...who knows. I would buy another one if I saw one with low miles but people don't really sell them. Great truck, very tough, and looked good.

The Truck
By Joe

2007 Isuzu i-Series i-290 LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 5M)

This is not the best truck I've ever owned. The payload is around 1000 lbs. The owners manual says it has a 6000lb towing capacity, well it doesn't. The fuel mileage is around 22 in town and 24 on the highway. At 25000 miles the doors are leaking air around the gaskets. I'm not impressed with this truck at all and would not recommend it to anyone. It is also very sluggish.

The look and driver convenience.

Needs a 6 cylinder. Bigger back seats and leg room, reclining front seats, better springs and towing capacity

Isuzu's loss my gain
By J

2007 Isuzu i-Series i-370 LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Purchased new, loaded how can you go wrong. No issues. Same as the Chevy Colorado. Great simple everyday truck easy to maintain, easy to drive, better on gas then I thought.

Radio, headlights, ease to work-on for do it yourselfers.