Used 2006 INFINITI G35 Coupe Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used G35 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great performer, could use better components

John Y, 08/05/2015
2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2006 G35 Coupe automatic in 10/2006. I have had one accident, some small fender benders. Overall the performance has been great. The good: The car handles well, superb acceleration and braking. The automatic transmission has been reliable, although a little bumpy between 1st and 2nd. The styling of course is unparalleled. The interior technology package has worked well - the navigation is spot-on - a little awkward to use with the joystick inputs, but not bad for 2006. The Bluetooth has never failed though 4 iPhones. It connects every time, and the voice input is about 95% accurate. The audio system - CD changer, speakers work perfectly to this day. Electronic seat warmer and adjusters have not failed. The bad: Interior components have been cheap. There have been a few gimpy components. The removable cupholder - very cheap and the spring broke after about 2 years. The DC socket has failed about 3-4 times. Driver window motor had to be replaced after 125k miles. The tire pressure sensor had to be replaced after 90k miles. After 80k miles, leather covering the door panels are starting to peel off, and after 120k miles, the leather on the side panels in the back have completely peeled off (and nobody ever sits back there). The ugly: Tires - need to be replaced every 20-30k. Overall I like this car. Performance is very reliable. I have not had many huge problems with the vehicle, however there are numerous small fixes for the car. The car is very tough on the tires (and I have a stock 18" wheels).

Read before you buy saftey problem

M COLE, 09/29/2006

I love the car BUT< while driving in the rain at 55 mph, the rear end started to spin out of control. I was on the highway in the left lane, the rear end lost control and spun out hitting the rear then the front, could have killed me and my wife. when We came to a stop, the stability control on the dash,by itself went to OFF, called Infiniti they told me not to drive it they would come see it, two months later after no visit, they met me at dealer, they drove it and said they could not get it to do it again. denied responsibilty. Read consumers report they made a good call. Please be careful infiniti won't help you

Amazing, although im 16yrs old

pamick55, 02/23/2012

This car is the best. I love it, The handling its responsive and will allow you to take sharp curves fast and will boost your courage while driving fast! Good value and is never had any problems.

No Step Down from E36 M3

anfesa, 11/29/2005

I spent quite some time searching for the right substitute to my M3. I was hooked up on the amazing torque and handling. I finally test drove the G35 Coupe and didn't think it twice. I could have added the sport package, but the premium and performance tire package have been more than satisfying. Very well shoed with Michelins on 18" wheels. Bluetooth is very convenient. Bose sound is Ok. The stiffer sport suspension could have matched better the M3's cornering, but the whole experience makes me easily forget. The exhaust note is sweet, the handling is perfect, and the acceleration makes me forget the M tradition. After 4 bimmers and an A4, I now realize I put my money in the wrong hands.

It's all about the Fun

KentuckyDriver, 01/15/2009

I bought my G35 coupe in July. It has the 19" wheels, sports package, bluetooth, Bose, black leather with aluminum trim interior, and silver exterior. The day I drove into work it got noticed among all the BMWs, Lexus and Mercedes. G35s are unique and sleek looking cars, clearly standouts. After six months of driving in summer, fall and winter weather my rating is AWESOME! Smooth and quick acceleration, throaty exhaust, tight handling. I look for opportunities to drive this on curvy backroads and passing cars just for the thrill. Who the heck buys a sports car for gas mileage? Windows down, sun-roof back and Bose blaring is the life. One annoyance-seat belt keeps coming out of guid

For Driving Enthusiast

Jake, 05/11/2009

2006 A/T coupe. Purchased in 4/09 for $23K with 27K miles. Since it's important to know what kind of person is writing the review: 24 years old, no kids, fresh out of college, girlfriend and no house payments. Also have a 95 Acura Integra 2dr. This car is perfect for anyone looking for an amazing sports car that is a great everyday driving vehicle. This thing handles and performs so well that I was able to keep up with two friends on sport bikes on a twisty back road. I researched cars for months trying to find something that was what I wanted for a reasonable price. I looked in to the Audi, BMW 3 and Lexus IS 250. This car for the price won hands down.

Be Very Very Careful

infinitelyunhappy, 10/08/2006

Had the car two weeks and the transmission had to be replaced. Dealer GM treated me as if I was an idiot. No feedback from Infiniti after complaint. Now has developed rattles and tranny is still noisy and whines on decel. Stay away from this car. Infiniti/Nissan obviously does not care at all about Customer Satisfaction.

Paint issues

Dale Bilthouse, 11/22/2006

As soon as I started driving this car I noticed chip marks on the front end. As I continued to drive there were more chip marks. The car is red with a white primer so the chips are very noticeable. I contacted the dealer who stated that because the nose of the car is very low to the ground it will pick up lots of road debris. I have owned many cars previous to this one and have never experienced this much damage is such a short period of time. With less than 10K on the car there are over 26 chips on the front end-some very noticeable. It's almost like the paint flecks off.

Well designed sports sedan

g35dave, 04/05/2017
2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my G35 used with only 12k miles and now it has 101k. I love the design of the G35, both inside and out. The interior is very classy and sleek. I think the later updates like the G37 lost some of the good looks. The performance is fun, and though the car feels heavy on the road, it's fun to drive, and the engine sound is great. It jumps off the line, but the AT shifting isn't the smoothest. I've been disappointed by the gas mileage, often around 16mpg in the city and 24 on the highway. With climate change out of control and oil companies controlling our government, I hate giving money to those sociopaths. My next car will be electric. You can't rotate the tires, so they don't last super long. It has some serious blind spots you need to be aware of. And there are a few problem areas that pop up - control arm bushings go bad, brakes don't last too long and tend to squeal, a bad cam shaft sensor recently made my car die on the freeway, truck release wire snapped, miscellaneous electrical issues, and a lot of random rattles and ticks in the dashboard that can't be located or silenced. I wouldn't say it's unreliable, but it's not the most reliable car I've owned. My wife has a bad back and the passenger seat isn't comfortable for her. All these issues aside, I've really enjoyed the car and don't regret buying it.

Great Car

pheonix5, 07/14/2013

I have had this car 7 months and it has been a great car. It is very comfortable and can boost a persons driving confidence with its stability program. It has a lot of great things like its amazing looks and comfortable seating. warning the trunk is EXTREMLY small in the coupe (one suit bag and a couple of small bags. It has a large gas tank in that my average fill is usually 57 to 64 liters.

Fun, quick, reliable if taken care of

anusin, 04/29/2019
2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought mine used from someone who let it sit for a while and did not take very good care of it. The car had 152000 miles on it and definitely needed some work. The suspension was shot, window motor didn't work, passenger going out now as well, ac stopped working after a month, ac belt snapped as well, interior seems loose like everything is not tight together and shakes and rattles when not on a brand new road. The transmission is slipping so needs a new transmission but could just be because of poor care from previous owners. 02 sensors needed replacing, the cat converters need replacing. Basically it would be a great car if taken care of properly. After fixing Check Engine Light and all major problems except the transmission the car feels solid so if you plan on buying one that has over 100000 miles on it then I would ask a lot of questions about whether it was properly maintained because if not then everything starts to go out. Fun car to drive, poor gas mileage and consumes a lot of oil. Recommended getting a oil catch can and a plenum spacer to fix the manufacture defect of poor air intake to valves. If wanting to put an aftermarket stereo in you have to buy a special dash din that has ac controls on it and it is like 150 dollars. Overall I dont think it has a very good resale value compared to how much it costs to fix common wear and tear problems so I definitely would not buy if your wanted to fix and resale, its more of a fix for yourself deal.

Performance + Reliable

BlownVQ, 12/13/2009

Very Reliable, never had to use the warranty. You will eventually get used to the stock 298hp. Add a turbo or Supercharger and these cars are the best bang for the buck reliable luxury sports car available for under 30k! Getting in and out of the back seat is not really intended for adults, but thats not why your reading this review is it? My Vortech supercharged G35 gets 18mpg city 23mpg highway, really good for 400+hp and its just about stock mpg! (Depends on how you drive)

It's a sports car, 2dr 6MT

smumustang, 08/05/2010

Very fast and affordable, still has held it's resale value if that's important to you. Almost got Acura TL / BMW 328i when I decided on the infiniti. Out-drives, out-corners, and out-performs the competition. Make no mistake, this is a sports car, don't expect it to be anything else. Excellent suspension (STIFF) and power that rivals a Porsche cayman which I just recently drove. Car turns into a different beast at 100+mph and drives as well/if not better than MB E or C class sedan. Clutch is touchy and difficult at first with the electric throttle, but anyone who likes to glide through the gears will love it eventually. Good car, if it fits your mission.

Reason, 06/19/2006

"Word to the wise!! Buy this and stay young!!" Went from an Audi A4 (DON'T BUY ONE) to this car and omg what an amazing tranformation. Never been in the shop!! Audi stayed in the shop 8months out of 3 years of ownership and i purchased the audi new!! Just got back from miami and the drive was a lil crampy but that was expected because its a sports car, but, the speed and power is amazing!! Will recommend this car to anyone!! Especially to single men!!

Best bang for my buck

PQGary, 08/06/2006

I really enjoy this vehicle. I've owned it for just a week now and have not gotten tired of driving it yet. This car is strong, reliable and comfortable. I look forward to seeing how it will evolve over the years. Great powertrain used in many vehicles that provides options for those of you who like to customize.

Fun Car

Jim, 01/13/2006

I have had my G35 for 3 months and the fun of driving hasn't decreased even a fraction. In fact, the more I drive it, the more fun it has become. It handles great and has incredible power and acceleration. As expected, the only draw back is the fuel economy. Depending on how I drive it ranges from 13 mpg to 24 mpg. Generally, I get about 15 to 17 mpg, so no real complaints. Overall a great car well worth the price!

very very nice sport coupe

joel, 03/22/2006

i went from a big cadi, prior car was a lexus i am sold on this infinity g35 coupe it's just fun to drive its the best new car i have driven in a long time it just has a feel of sporty hot car it compares to cars that cost far more its a great value for the money i have not felt that way about price in a very long time but this cars not only about price and value so far i am 100% satisfied

Best Car I've Owned

hlubkoj, 07/18/2006

First car I've owned that I can truly say it's worth every penny out of my pocket...I truly believe in this product and my next car is going to be another G35 coupe....2009 model.

Wicked nice car ;)

alderran, 08/28/2006

Not the fastest car on the planet but a nice balance of power, handling and luxury. Had an 03 sedan looked at some other models but came back to infiniti and picked up a 06 coupe.

This car is quick and fun to drive.

Ed, 11/04/2015
2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not terrific on gas mileage. But it handles and sounds great.

Turns into a pretty lemon

CJ, 03/18/2018
2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Make sure you get a full diagnostic on it. I had a headgasket issue at 150k miles. The repair cost more than the car. Ended up scrapping it. It was a fun and a snappy car when it was running at 100%. The massive fuel tank took me from texas to Wisconsin on 2.5 fuel trips. Since i dont know squat about the mechanical upkeep of cars i ended up getting rid of it. However if you are mechanically inclined, this vehicle whouldve had easily another 100k on it. Only if you baby it (i still let the car rip on highways in the middle of nowhere).

3 months later...

Jay from BK, 04/07/2006

I wrote a review for this car after I first purchased it in December 2005. The car continues to perform well but I find myself wanting for more power! I feel that for the money this car is still excellent, however, it should be quicker and faster. There are a lot of cars coming out now that are almost as quick, if not quicker than the G35 coupe for a lot less money and with 4-cylinder engines! Namely the new VW GTI, Dodge Caliber SRT4, Audi A3 S-line, etc. Even Honda Accord coupes with the 6 sp are faster to 60...with 40 less hp and 30 less torque? Doesn't seem right...

Electronic Nightmare

bstains, 06/07/2006

This vehicle is an electronic nightmare. Kindly reconsider the purchase of this model. When everything is working this vehicle is top notch, however when things go south, they go way south. My vehicle purchased 27 May 2006, experienced catastrophic electronics failure 06 June 06. Infinity could not be less concerned. 2006 G35 coupe 6MT, well equipped. Indifferent customer support. Please reconsider; shop for post sale support.

Best Car I ever Had

Alfonzo, 08/17/2006

This is the best car I have ever had. I love everything about it. It has never broken down or given me any type of trouble whatsoever.

Hugs the road

ron mcclain, 12/20/2015
2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for 63k miles now. It's been incredibly reliable, and fun to drive. I Love everything about it, except the gas mileage, which has averaged 17.9mpg. With the manual transmission, I do drive it HARD though. But it's time for some true American Muscle so I'll be selling it for a Challenger SRT8,with a manual transmission of course.

Great Car

JeffH, 04/10/2008

I was in a severe accident in this car, and I walked away without a scratch. Very very reliable safety features!

Good car but has its faults

Tyler, 05/27/2008

I have owned my Infiniti G35 6mt coupe for almost 2 years now. I have app 22,000 miles on it and I can say I am ready to get rid of the car, the issues I have are the expensive oil changes and maintenance costs for example the tires. The ride quality is rough and after 15k the rattles start to be heard due to the poor construction of the cabin. The driver's seat position is very tight leather wears quickly. The non Bose audio system I have is absolutely horrible. The speakers and dash appointment look like they are straight out of an Altima for years ago. The car is also the worst car I have ever owned in the snow despite 4 snow tires. The shifting linkage is not crisp.

Awesome Car

rbeasley, 09/03/2006

I have loved every moment with this vehicle. This is my second G35 coupe. I love the looks I get in this car and for the money, you cannot find a better value in a sports car. The size of the wheels and the exterior styling really set this car off. I have had no mechanical problems with this vehicle. It runs like a champ and the navigation syatem is very accurate.

Never again.

thunderhexed, 04/12/2010

Bought my 2006 laser red coupe used in Summer of 2009. Was my dream car, key word - WAS - until after a few months in. It was a one owner with a clean carfax. Had 31K on it when I bought it. I now have 52K on it and have already had major issues with the car. Tire pressure light keeps tripping and flashing, leather is tearing and showing wear, bose system went out (a $600.00 repair) and don't even get me started on the paint finish. The car only has 51K miles and it looks as if its been sand blasted or towed behind a gravel truck. Dealership is extremely arrogant, lazy and it takes almost up to two weeks just to get in for a simple oil change. Never again! Mercedes here i come...

love the 6mt 2006 g35

stan, 12/23/2005

great car, only issue is shifter that is stiff in cold weather and sometimes hard to get into 2nd gear.

this or Mustang

bob miller, 05/21/2006

Draws looks and positive comments $40k No seat memory. Visibility so-so Quickness average. Seat belt awkward. Rides better with the winter tires (17") than the 19" wheels. Have not figured out the navigation system yet. Wife loves the color (slate).

Enjoy It!

Cydnee, 05/21/2006

This car rides very smoothly and comfortably. I love the look and feel of this car!

Fun Car

steve, 12/05/2005

I drive a lot of miles. Wanted AWD, previous car was a BMW 540iA and an SUV in the winter. It was either the Infiniti or BMW 530ix THe G35 is fun to drive, great NAV and stereo, and at least feels as fast as the 2000 540. Only have 1K miles in 2 weeks time, but I got the same or better milage with the V8 in the 540. Lacks the refinement of the German car but is $20K less than the 530ix. IMO the 530ix lacked low range torque and was a pig off the line. I am very happy to pocket the $20K and drive the G35year round.

g35coupe

Bob Davis, 08/31/2006

Fun to drive and a real head turner. Enough power to keep your passenger pinned back in his/her seat.

Fun But.............

jqlaw, 02/28/2011

I sold my E36 M3 and bought a 2006 G35 Sport Coupe. It had 22K miles on it. It's got great power, handles great and great brakes. It gets lots of looks and sounds awesome. But........ It ain't no BMW. The interior is kinda cheesy, the clutch is horrible and the seat belts don't retract. Don't get me wrong, I love it but I'm just not passionate about it. The reason I picked it over an E46 M3 was the reliability. Having the check engine light come on every other week on the M3 was a little frustrating. Did I mention how great it sounds? Especially with the sun roof open and the windows down.

#1

Jase, 12/17/2008

I bought a used 2006 G35 coupe this past Saturday and it drives great. I recommend a black leather interior; very clean feel. I have a silver exterior but I plan to get a paint job to black soon. Black on black "look-at- me" factor.

LOVE IT

Dan, 01/27/2009

I've had this car for about a year now and I still love it. This car is not for everyone. If you typically drive SUVs or Accords you will hate this car. If you are an enthusiast you will never want to get out of it. Some people may have only bought it because of its sexy look and are not people who want a driver's car. It has loud tires, stiff ride and is small. In return you get a car with tight, predictable handling and a sweet exhaust note that will always put a smile on your face.

G35 has opened my eyes

Cowher, 01/27/2009

I got this car after my 2006 Audi TT 225 Quattro's transmission died 3 times in one month. I bought it because I liked the new nissan 6cyl altima coupe. This was just as nice and was a large percent cheaper. I have owned saab, Audi and many other euro cars. For the price this car gives great performance looks and reliability. I put hankook ipike snow tires on it and I have powered through some of the worst new England snow storms this winter with ease. All in all when this car is dead I will most likely get another or go to the G37. I love this car!

A blast to drive

Jason Hearn, 02/04/2010

Acceleration is nice but could use a little more in gears 1-3. Passing is no problem and taking corners is fun as the car just sticks to the road. The shifting is a little unrefined and you really feel it in both the stick and the clutch. Overall comfort is nice and you sit nice and low to the ground. Drink holders on the manual are not in the easiest place to reach and drinks can get in the way when your shifting.

OMG!!!! Yes Yes

Infiniti G, 02/27/2010

Bought used with 12k in 2007, now has 42k &love it.Has every available option.Tight twisty roads are a dream to drive.Made many people scream railing into a corner then laugh like a kid with thrill that the car stayed planted firm and ready for more. Amazing brakes will force the blood to your cheeks.Dealer support is far superior to my piece of junk BMW.Called dealer to see about a warning light and techs very helpful, just needed brake pads (oem only $82),brake sensor is well designed also has built in tool on rotor that will release rotor in seconds.Installed cold air intake, it added noticeably more power on bottom and sounds sweet!No problems.Bose audio is great with no distortion at loud levels.

Fun to drive

johnra72, 05/06/2010

I love this car. I usually get a new car ever four years or so but I am planning on keeping this car for at least one and maybe two more years. It has great power, and the handling is excellent. All with decent fule economy. In 1965 I had a GTO with tri power carbs and a four speed manual transmission. My G35 would run rings around the GTO in every department including acceleration. Amazing for a 6 cylinder car.

Great car!

Brett, 02/19/2008

I bought my coupe 6MT with 15,000 miles on it about a year ago. I drive it every day and have even driven it from Michigan to California and back. It performs flawlessly and is a pleasure to drive every single day. While I think it deserves a more powerfull engine, it does ok with just shy of 300 Bhp. The exhaust note is like music but could be a bit louder. It is also a great platform for upgrades to performance. I am actually having a single turbo installed this week that will boost the hp to over 425 (crankshaft) without having to rebuild the lower end. This is a great mix of sport and luxury, I love this car!!!

Drive it!!!

Murphy, 12/10/2005

The G35 has a much smoother ride then the Z but is not as quick off the line. The car handles beautifully and is allot of fun to drive. The lines on the car are awesome and the car definitely gets the attention of people. I am very happy with the purchase and look forward to many miles with this car.

awesome

neooen, 12/13/2005

awesome car. don't even give it a second thought. buy it. at least for the looks you get while on road ;)

Best Bang for your Buck

JaySunshine, 01/11/2006

I have owned my 2006 G35 Coupe for 2 weeks now. This is a beautiful car inside and out. By far the best performance bargain available. There is no coupe remotely approaching the G's performance/luxury combination for the money. Wait for the 330 Ci and be ready to pay about 10 grand more! This car is beautiful and well built...10 years from now this will still be a handsome car.

Problems at 200 miles

alarict6mt, 02/07/2006

Don't accept one without testing it thoroughly first - even a brand new one. Bad clutch judder in first and reverse especially on hills (evident at 100 miles then getting progressively worse). Gets worse as clutch warms. Infiniti garage says its the same on all new 06MTs, if I had known this, I would not have bought the car. The other two I drove did not make a banging noise when I release the clutch. Excellent car spoiled by poor customer support - denial by mechanics and a poor clutch design or faulty components.

Autocross your G35

Jim Ewing, 03/28/2006

Get out there and autocross your G35, it is a blast, and the car is very competitive even with the length of the wheel base. I have run twice in the last couple of weeks and finished ahead of all but one 350Z, all the Mustangs and Camaros and all the most of the Corvettes. A word of warning, the stock tires on the 19 inch wheels are no match for the power exiting corners, get some Kumhos 710 on 9 x 18 in the front and 10 x 18 in the rear and strap yourself in for a great time. Take off the traction control and go Z hunting.

Luv it, luv it, luv it!!

lanette, 05/19/2006

Had an FX35...It was very nice...Now have G35 Coupe...Love it!!! Feel more like a part of the vehicle. Hugs corners. Very responsive.

My G35

Stacy, 05/23/2006

We love our car. it is very dependable, and also very sporty and cute. We love the updated style. Our only complaint is that the paint seems to chip pretty easy. Otherwise, it's been a great car, so far.

fantastic!!!

troy, 06/03/2006

Driving is great. I paid a lot less for this car than i should have.

51050