Used 2011 INFINITI G Sedan Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 INFINITI G Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G Sedan model:

Best Japanese car
By Carlos

2011 INFINITI G Sedan Sedan G37x Sport Appearance Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Very happy rides with quietly response

2011 G25 Journey Review
By Edward

2011 INFINITI G Sedan Sedan G25 Journey 4dr Sedan (2.5 6cyl 7A)

I have owned my 2011 G25 Journey 4 door Sedan for a week now. I purchased it for $16,000 even with 55k on the odometer. The acceleration is great for a 2.5L V6 and the handling is amazing. The interior is quiet, comfortable, and excelling in style. Although gas is expensive, the mpg could be better. I'm currently getting 16 or 15 mpg. The car takes premium gasoline so a fill up is pretty expensive. There is plenty of room throughout the cabin and trunk. Overall, a great, reliable car with okay gas mileage.

Avoid This Car Like the Plague
By kstout

2011 INFINITI G Sedan Sedan G37 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I enjoyed this car until one day it broke down by what I was told was a "rare occurrence" which turns out to be a known issue with ALL Nissan/Infiniti cars. The transmission leaked fluid into the cooling system which damaged everything the mixed fluids came into contact with and totaled the car. Despite the fact that this is a manufacturer defect and known issue (internally) they refused to fix it because I was slightly out of warranty. I always serviced the vehicle regularly, drove responsibly, and even cleaned it weekly! After consulting with a dozen mechanics who specialize in Nissan/Infiniti, I've been informed that this issue goes back to an early 2000's model Pathfinder and Nissan refuses to recognize it publicly or help anyone who has lost their car because of a defect they are responsible for. Don't take my word for it, just do some searching online and you will see that this particular model and many other Infinitis with the 7AT transmission are notorious for problems. Like I said, it would be an enjoyable car if it actually worked, but I wouldn't advise anyone to risk their hard-earned money on this vehicle or a brand that refuses to take care of their customers.

Fun to drive
By J Ibsen

Solid car

Japanese BMW
By Tony

2011 INFINITI G Sedan Sedan G25x 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5 6cyl 7A)

After only owning cars from Germany and growing tiresome of the excessive maintenance cost that came with them I decided it was time for a change. Actually I was forced to change anyways due to the fact that a careless motorist killed my BMW 328xi. I wanted either a Lexus or an Infiniti for the fact that it would no longer cost me a fortune to repair or maintain those vehicles. I make 1 hour trips to and froe college and require a comfortable vehicle that I can rack up many harmless miles on. The Infiniti does not disappoint. But I must say that fuel economy isn't to much better that my BMW with a bigger engine. Also I feel obligated to mention that the cup holders are a joke and I hate them so so much! And I don't much care for the cheap hard plastics located by the steering column, should not be expected out of a 40000 dollar vehicle. But that is all the problems with my Infiniti, but I'm just nick picking the best I can, the list of complaints is much smaller than my Beamer. It also has much more space when really it's only a foot longer than the BMW. The BMW feels faster but the Infiniti is by no means a slouch. The ride quality is so much more refined in the Infiniti and it's also quieter inside the cabin. If your looking for quality, dependability, reliability, and the most value for your dollar, and inexpensive running cost with style and elegance. This is the car for you.