2018 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Tucson Limited Delivers
By Linda Lutz

2018 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Unfortunately you must step up to the limited trim level to get a greatbTucson with all the safety and comfort features and to get the best MPG. Once qt this level, the Tucson is a strong competitor. 2018 is the last year for the 1.6T great mileage engine, 2019 uses the base Sonata 2.4 gas hog engine on all trim levels. I feel this will be the downfall for the Tucson; Honda applauds this poor decision as their CR-V will get 10 MPG better than the 2019 Tucson. Rush out and get your 2018 Tucson Limited while they are still on dealer lots.

Nice car!!
By Neville S

2018 Hyundai Tucson SEL Plus 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This is a very nice automobile, spacious comfortable and powerful enough for the daily commute. The car is packed with technology and comfort features such as heated seats and touch screen technology. I love Hyundai products. This is our third purchase currently totaling two Tuscans and an Elantra as family cars. Hyundai is very committed to fulfilling the promises of their warranty which will make me a customer of theirs for life.

Good fit for Leggy People!!
By Mary Erickson

2018 Hyundai Tucson SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

My 6'9 boyfriend and I (6') needed a comfortable vehicle to take road trips as well as a good commuting vehicle for me on a daily basis. We have plenty of room to travel in comfort and enjoy the electric and heated seats. Having grown up in a family from an American car company, I felt compelled to try out the competing SUV's. The comfort just was not there. We also have room to include my 6'4 son and his friend if needed in the passenger backseats. I am getting about 28 miles/gallon in my city commute to work everyday. It's my first SUV and the only one that I've ever been able to afford!!

Great Value Vehicle wth good looks and equipment!
By L Johnson

2018 Hyundai Tucson SEL Plus 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Easy to get in and out of, especially for older folks. Wonderful seating 4 people plenty of leg room, rear seat backs recline for rear comfort too. Controls handy, simple, and user friendly, handling is great, easy parking with backup camera. The 2.0 liter engine provides good zip in city driving, Not recommended for speed demons who pass frequently on 2 lane roads. A little underpowered at high speeds, but that helps mileage. The 6 speed tranny works great, has a sport mode that helps a bit for acceleration. Rear cargo mat is handsomely carpeted on one side, flip it over and it becomes a rubber pan so no spills. We live in Minnesota so we need the AWD version. The warranty is the best in the industry! 5 years 60k bumper to bumper and 10 years 100k drivetrain warranty. Styling, value, ride, room and warranty sold us on the Tucson, not too big but not to small. We kept our last Hyundai 10 years on 178,000 miles. never used the warranty but started to have some AC and brake issues at 175,000 so we traded in on anew one.

Great looking, great value, comfortable
By John W

2018 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Picked up a new 2018 Limited AWD completely loaded. Only thing missing, winter package and roof rails. Window was 34, 800 dealers no haggle price, 28,999 including the $3000 in rebates. I traded in my 2013 Limited FWD with under 6000 miles on it. Dealer offered me a fair price, but I could have probably gotten another 500 if I felt like haggling. Since time is money, and they gave me a great deal on the 18, I did the deal. Mine is Molton Silver with Black Leather. Looks really sharp. The features in this car are mind blowing. So much technology and it all works great. The ride quality is very impressive, specially on the highway. The handling is much better than I expected as well. It corners like a nice sports car. There is a tad of lag in the turbo, but not enough to worry me. She gets up to speed pretty nicely. The Infinity Stereo is absolutely insanely incredible. The ventilated front seats are amazing. The panoramic soon roof is spectacular. The fit and finish are way above good, bordering on excellent. The mileage is not living up to what they state, but the car is hardly broken in. Love the warranty too. These are built in South Korea with 95% South Korean parts. Good stuff. I love it, and for the money, I can't think of another car that I like as much. This was my 5th Hyundai and the 4thI've purchased from this dealer. I love how easy they make buying a new car. The little 1.6 liter Turbo makes 175 horses which is plenty. It's not nearly as fast as our 13 SantaFe Sport 2.0T, which makes 250 horses. I wish Hyundai would stop using these Hankook Kynergy as the OEM tire. Other than that, I'm thrilled with this car,so far. We'll see what happens when winter arrives.