2018 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Love my Tuscan
By Trish

2018 Hyundai Tucson Value 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I had a 2012 Hyundai Elantra and really like it, fantastic gas mileage, comfort and a good looking car. Got a great trade in and bought a 2018 Tuscan Value Turbo Sport. Love this car!!! Great comfortable ergo design in the front seats, great technology, great gas mileage, lots of power behind the wheel. A great looking sporty SUV!!

Good choice
By Yellow Rose of Texas

2018 Hyundai Tucson Value 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

This car exceeds my expectations are! peppy engine, comfortable interior and great value. I've never researched a new car before buying as much as I did this one and I'm not disappointed

2018 Hyundai Sport, finally a quiet ride.
By K. Davis

2018 Hyundai Tucson Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Buy the 2.4L, 4 cylinder. The 1.6L turbo may provide more horsepower, but there is a hesitation in the acceleration that is not present in the 2.4L. Previously owned a Mazda CX5 Touring FWD and a Honda CRV-EX FWD, while both provided a little more cargo room, the road noise was unbearable and the Honda CVT vibration, when stopped was more than annoying. The Tucson is much quieter, hence, more pleasant to drive. The Hyundai Tucson Sport was not ranked in the top 3 Compact SUVs by most reviews but in my opinion, it is underrated. Entry and Exit of the Tucson is easy, headroom and legroom is abundant. The cargo area with back seats in the upright position is sufficient for everyday use. Apple Car Play is standard and removes the need of Navigation purchase. The only thing we wish it had was either a power passenger seat or at least a passenger seat height adjuster.

So Far, so good!
By Bob DeFont

2018 Hyundai Tucson Value 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

This vehicle has met all our expectations. Only complaint so far is that there is a lag in acceleration when pulling out from a dead stop.

PRETTY RED TUCSON
By Bob McKown

2018 Hyundai Tucson Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I went to the dealer with the intention on buying a Hyundai Value, Ruby Red after reading all of the Edmunds reports this car had everything I wanted, almost. During the test drive right off the 1.6 engine turned me off, with the noise and hesitation. I drove a ruby red sport awd and didn't like like it all, walked away. I wet back the next day and requested the dealer to find a fwd ruby red 2.4 eng. sport. They found a gemstone red fwd which i purchased. I like the way it drives, the quietness, comfort of the seats, elect drivers seat. The main thing that I am very irritated with is the radio, it has the cheapest sound system that I have ever listened to in a vehicle, very cheap sounding, low power range on picking up close stations, very disappointed in the radio. The cover over the AC/HEAT/HEAT info panel is very dark tinted and unable to read under normal conditions. Somewhere a long the way I lost it and bought the sport instead of the Value which was what I went to buy and missed out on a much better car. I don't like the sound system at all, very sorry, useless.