2018 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Stay Away from this Vehicle!
By Ben

2018 Hyundai Tucson SEL Plus 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This is the fourth (and last) Tucson I've leased from Hyundai, and it appears something has slipped. I picked another Tucson after my last one was in a wreck; this one has been an altogether different kind of wreck. The gas mileage estimates listed are not in the neighborhood as the car's actual gas mileage, which is significantly lower. On the one I have, the transmission can't seem to find gears, so when you try to accelerate, the car locks up for about a half a second before slingshotting forward. This is major problem; it occurs when starting from a stop, too, but at least then it's easier to recover the car. I've already had Hyundai look at the transmission and claim it is fine; if so, the Tucson's "fine" doesn't pass for "driveable" on most cars. I would advise anyone to stay away lest they get stuck with a clunker like I have.

4WD TUSCAN LIMITED
By Kat

2018 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

This is my second Tuscan . My first was a 2014 and it broke my heart to give it up. I have had 4 Runners prior and sold my last one in the gas crunch and bought a Jetta. Six months later I sold that. Now this is not normal for me, but my life style demanded more room. In the Jetta I would have plants in front/back/truck areas - it just did not work for a gardener at heart. Well I knew I wanted back into an SUV and was on my way home from the grocery store and stopped to get a brochure. My groceries had to be moved to my new Tuscan Limited. I commute over an hour each way to work so in 4 years there were 60,000 miles on it. I started in December 2017 thinking about replacing it. At that time I would only look at the Tuscan Limited. Well my mechanic told me it would go for an easy 100,000 miles so happily I put off buying another car. Then July rolls around - car is still running great - not one problem between March 2014 and July 2018 and I loved my car. It was the end of month and the new 2019's were due to come out in a couple months. This was the time to deal or wait another year. So one Saturday with my research on the Honda CSV and Tuscan Limited I struck out to look. You know what is sitting in my garage now? The Tuscan Limited 4WD - and I am in love all over again. In the four years between the two cars so much more safety has been added plus little things like a heated steering wheel - I know, but those winters can be cold. My seats have a cooling thing for Texas summers even! My son brought up all of the SUVs in the same size and basic design - Hyundai Tuscan Limited was still my pick. I talked to a man who had a REALLY old Tuscan - he was well over the 100,000 mile mark and was still in love with his car. Of course being a smart man he offered to trade me and was willing to let me continue to make the payments. I really had to think about it for one second and turned him down. The next week what was sitting in the parking lot at work - he had also bought a new Tuscan Limited - HOWEVER he told me he still had his old one. Once he told his wife about all the advancements she decided a new one was for them also.

Value at best!
By Marc A.

2018 Hyundai Tucson SEL Plus 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I'm a researching kind of person before making any large purchase decisions. I believe in quality and value. To top it off I work for Honda at a manufacturing plant! I compared this Tucson to the HR-V and CRV. First my wife had to have leather! I had to have reliability. To get leather in the HRV you have to pick the Top of the line EXL with Navi. The one I liked was was over $26,000 as test driven. The Tucson, a bigger vehicle and actually more comfort options I only paid $24000 after incentives. Honda had none and even as an employee I had no incentive. The ride of the Tucson was better, the interior and exterior design was superior. The ride of the Tucson was much better too. I'm a 225 lb. man and getting out of the Tucson was much more comfortable. The interior noise was less in the Tucson and the audio sound with the Infinity Sound in the Tucson way outdid the HRV. So I know that Honda has a better resale over time but I keep my vehicles until they are ready to be scrapped. Top it off I get a 100,000 mile 10yr powertrain warranty, three years app remote start and 5yr bumper to bumper the value of the Tucson is superior with my situation. By the way my research also showed the 2018 Tucson he the best initial quality award from JD Powers. This beat the Honda hands down! Remember, I work for Honda too!

RAV vs Tucson
By RL

2018 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

shop and compare til u drop

This car is great
By Kevin

2018 Hyundai Tucson SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Rented this car for a long trip. Liked it so much a week later I went to local dealership and bought a brand new one. The kids love the room and it has everything I could want in a suv