Used 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Santa Fe for Sale
Select your model:
12345...23

Pros
Cons

Great versatility with good looks!

Tj Holder, 02/03/2016
GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

2010 Sante Fe GLS 2.4L Blue W/Tint Alloy Wheels -- Really enjoy this vehicle. Bought it 3 years ago, used with 36k and in great condition. It hasn't given me a single problem mechanically (I do regular maintenance to be proactive) and has started every single time during these past 3 years no matter the weather. I have recently moved to the country to our farm and it gets used more as a truck these days; pulling, hauling, and carrying two great danes around. It tows a 15ft trailer with 2 ATV's and does it with ease. I would recommend this SUV and the newer models to anyone looking for a "close to luxury on a budget" kind of SUV. If I really didn't need a REAL truck, I would most definitely buy another Santa Fe in the future. **my one complaint** to spite having premium audio, the bass is a little lacking. I like my butt to vibrate. (no pun intended)

Transmission Failure

gotshafted, 04/22/2011
GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

2010 gls with 34954 miles transmission went out with a bang 600 miles from home and now waiting for a replacement. Hyundai expexts me to drive 1200 miles to pick up the car when ready... UNREASONABLE !!!!! Buyers BEWARE.

No issues when driving in reverse

wbito, 05/02/2012
SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Always loved the look of the the Santa Fe so when the time came to purchase a new car it was at the top of my list. The added bonus of a top safety rating and comfortable interior sealed the deal. Two years later, after intermittent shifting issues that "could not be replicated" by my dealer, I now have a beautiful car that only moves forward reliably when in neutral — attached to the back of tow truck. Hoping that it's current failure to move at all when in "drive" makes the situation a little easier for the dealership to figure out. Might be worth taking a peak at the transmission this time (?) So far, the only bright side is that I've never had any issues when driving in reverse ;)

Very Good with One Stinking Flaw

702south, 04/30/2012
SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A very good dependable vehicle with a couple issues. The ride is nice. Handling is very good. The 3.5 V6 has plenty of power and speed. Fuel mileage is good too. It doesn't feel or look cheap. I have been in comparable Lexus and it is just as nice. Why pay double the price just to drive a Lexus?? It is comfortable except it needs a little more leg room in the drivers area. I feel too close to the pedals. Other cons may be freeway noise at high speeds. The one major flaw is the odor from the A/C that many owners seem to have. Hyundai needs to step up and fix this.

Great Ride

Corey, 11/12/2010
SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in a 2005 2.0L Tucson for this vehicle. Our Tucson had been a reliable car. No probs of any kind in 5 yrs, but we had just outgrown it. And we needed more safety features (6 airbags) and a more comfortable ride. The dealer was clearing out the 2010 Santa Fes. We got a 6K rebate. Car was reduced to 23K (Canada). Car is a bargain at this price. 276 HP with 6 speed tranny. Smooth acceleration, tons of power. At 120 KM car is 2000 rpm. Quiet cabin. Lots of storage. Very much a sedan like ride. Great family car. Only had a month, but so far extremely happy. Drove the 2.4L. found it underpowered. Go with the 6 if yer considering it.

12345...23