Used 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Somethings Strange.
By Dalton

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The TPMS light comes on from time to time then goes away. Check engine light came on and when I hooked a scanner to it it turned off. Vibrates pretty bad on the highway. Acceleration is great, transmission is smooth, ride is pretty smooth, and seems pretty safe. My biggest complaint is the gas gauge, one day I had a full tank and the next morning it said I was out of gas with the low fuel light on. Shut off the car and turned it back on and it said I had a full tank. It seems like some times it doesn’t read right. My speakers are weird. One day the front one sounded like it blew the next day it was a rear one. Some times they work fine and some times they don’t, some times they sound horrible above 10 and some times they are fine. Also I don’t like that it’s so expensive to get a new key fob and have it programmed. Also I have pressed the door buttons for my interior lights but they don’t seem to come on. Also another problem is the drivers side back rest, it will lay all the way flat but it has a hard time coming back up and you have to get out of the seat. I have owned this car a month and put 3,000 miles on it and so far I’m not impressed and I don’t feel the safest in it. The front end some times makes a weird noise when I turn the wheel and it will shake when driving and pull towards the passenger side but the dealership said nothing was wrong with it. I’m extremely glad I bought a warranty for it that’s bumper to bumper.

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe
By Anonymous

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I owned this SUV and found it spacious and low cost to own. There were a few recalls that were covered by Hyundai.

2009 Santa Fe
By Pasquale

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe has been an excellent vehicle. My maintenance cost (except for oil changes and air filters and cabin filters which I do myself) has been a total of $900 over 9 years of ownership and that included $600 for tires and $300 for an additional transmission cooler installation and a tow hitch system. It handles fine, brakes well, steering is precise, a/c system has been faultless, still has original brakes at 80000 miles with an educated guess of another 20000 to go before a brake job is necessary. Gas mileage has been average with about 21-22 mpg around town and 25 mpg on interstate type trips. Over all, it is a safe, reliable, dependable, and economical CUV with excellent interior space for 5 people or lots of baggage and gear. Bottom line...Would I buy this vehicle again? In a heartbeat!!

Still going strong
By CDF

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It has been an unbelievably reliable vehicle, is comfortable, and still looks good. It's had minimal issues beyond routine wear and tear and maintenance. It has fewer electronic bells and whistles (nav, entertainment, etc) than newer vehicles, but the stereo and Bluetooth and cruise control are really nice.

DO NOT RECOMMEND
By Am

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 2 years (first car I've ever owned). About a month after I bought the car a vibration/shaking problem occured at about 15-20 mph. We have been to 7 different automotive places (including where we bought it from!!!) and NO ONE has been able to figure out the problem so I've been stuck with the problem for about 2 years. Recently, (and I've read other reviews about this) the fuel gauge is failing to tell me how much gas I actually have. Whenever I just had filled up at the gas station, the gauge stayed where I was before I had filled up. A new vibration/shaking has occured on the drivers side and only does it at certain points (weird, I know). However, I took it to walmart they said the left tire, it had been out of balance and it was fixed that day. The next day the same problem occured and I immediately took it somewhere I had gone before and of course when driving it they couldn't feel anything and the car didn't make any noise or feeling like it had been. They visually inspected it and found nothing wrong (I know that must sound crazy but I promise it REALLY happened). Selling this car ASAP. After reading these reviews, I'm glad I'm not the only one.