Used 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe
By Anonymous

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I owned this SUV and found it spacious and low cost to own. There were a few recalls that were covered by Hyundai.

2009 Santa Fe
By Pasquale

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

This 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe has been an excellent vehicle. My maintenance cost (except for oil changes and air filters and cabin filters which I do myself) has been a total of $900 over 9 years of ownership and that included $600 for tires and $300 for an additional transmission cooler installation and a tow hitch system. It handles fine, brakes well, steering is precise, a/c system has been faultless, still has original brakes at 80000 miles with an educated guess of another 20000 to go before a brake job is necessary. Gas mileage has been average with about 21-22 mpg around town and 25 mpg on interstate type trips. Over all, it is a safe, reliable, dependable, and economical CUV with excellent interior space for 5 people or lots of baggage and gear. Bottom line...Would I buy this vehicle again? In a heartbeat!!

Still going strong
By CDF

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It has been an unbelievably reliable vehicle, is comfortable, and still looks good. It's had minimal issues beyond routine wear and tear and maintenance. It has fewer electronic bells and whistles (nav, entertainment, etc) than newer vehicles, but the stereo and Bluetooth and cruise control are really nice.

DO NOT RECOMMEND
By Am

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 2 years (first car I've ever owned). About a month after I bought the car a vibration/shaking problem occured at about 15-20 mph. We have been to 7 different automotive places (including where we bought it from!!!) and NO ONE has been able to figure out the problem so I've been stuck with the problem for about 2 years. Recently, (and I've read other reviews about this) the fuel gauge is failing to tell me how much gas I actually have. Whenever I just had filled up at the gas station, the gauge stayed where I was before I had filled up. A new vibration/shaking has occured on the drivers side and only does it at certain points (weird, I know). However, I took it to walmart they said the left tire, it had been out of balance and it was fixed that day. The next day the same problem occured and I immediately took it somewhere I had gone before and of course when driving it they couldn't feel anything and the car didn't make any noise or feeling like it had been. They visually inspected it and found nothing wrong (I know that must sound crazy but I promise it REALLY happened). Selling this car ASAP. After reading these reviews, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

NOT SO GREAT AFTER ALL !!!
By MAZZ

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Don't be fooled by the 10 warranty!!!! It b-- s---...... Dealers say " I can't duplicate the problem... Are you kidding me, I am in the car with the tech and he can't feel the vibration, noise, and twisting of the steering...I was floored. The ride is rough...And steering is light....I have 68k miles, and I am disappointed.... I need new tires after 40k miles (have firestones) now (not cheap tires). I have had nothing but issues - front suspension...