Used 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

Used Santa Fe for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...51

Pros
Cons

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe LX 4WD V6

E Dawes, 09/02/2006
LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a very satisfactory car for me. The features are excellent for the price. It is a bit underpowered for the weight of the vehicle, but Hyundai has corrected that in newer models. The only failure in 5 years has been the interior clock for which a replacement doesn't seem to be available. I am considering purchasing another Santa Fe when I replace my present car.

Santa Fe regrets...

garbal, 07/17/2005
2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Until recently I loved the Santa Fe, great gas mileage, great looking, good performance... until last year... things started failing, the axles broke... yes broke, within the axle boot, something let go, vehicle wouldn't move. 1 month later, the wheel bearing went, most recently the engine failed... everything within the engine, there wasn't much left of the engine, the service guy said it "grenaded". This left us stranded in the middle of nowhere without a warning. No strange noises, no tell tale warning signs of impending failure... nothing. Shut it off normally then went out to start it and nothing... this thing was seized up, the engine would not turn at all... Now it sits in the shop..

2002 Sante Fe Still Going Strong!

CF, 08/09/2017
GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am the 2nd owner of this SUV, and I've done few major maintenance repairs to date. Kept up with regular oil changes. This SUV has me keeping it and passing onto my son, while I get a NEW Sante Fe. I'm usually not impressed by too many things. But for a 15+ year old SUV, this is as solid as it gets! Beginning to rust around the rear tire wells, but I don't have a garage, only open driveway, so can't complain ;). Timing belt is in need of replacement, otherwise still sturdy! Update 2/13/19 - I am still driving my Sante Fe since my last review - now 17 years old!! I did go to the Philadelphia Car Show, and saw the new 2019 Hyundais, I am going to be buying a new Sante Fe hopefully within this year. I am in love :)

Nice car way to many problems

bk79, 01/10/2015
LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My first car. Wish it had more power and zip. Live the way it handles. Love the way it looks. When it is actually working I love the car but at 100k miles it all went down hill had to replace power steering pump, fuel injectors both front axles and both front abs speed sensors, rest carrier bearing, the transfer case and the transmission. Between the fuel injectors and the transfer case and transmission all going out with in the last year and a half it was a between $6,000 and $7,000 and the ac broke twice. Would not but another one or recommend the first generation Santa Fe to anyone who doesn't have deep pockets to keep it on the road. All that being said I am sad that I have to get rid of

Her name was Sandy

Bill K, 05/05/2016
GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

We owned our Santa Fe for 6yrs. Bought in 2010 for $6000. Had 104,000 miles on it. Sold it May 2016 for $4000, and had 140,000 on it. The only things we replaced on it were the brakes, tires, and ignition switch. Loved plowing through the Wisconsin winters. She was getting a little sluggish before we sold it, but was one of the best vehicles we ever owned. Back in 2013 we bought a 2007 Santa Fe and sold it a year later. We thought it would be like our 02 but couldn't hold a candle to it. Recently purchased a 2012 Chevy Captiva. Hope we have the same luck as we did with Sandy.

12345...51