2016 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Hyundai Genesis Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:

Best car for 2016
By Nick

2016 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

The car is almost perfect. The minor complaint is the ac control should be below the radio control. (Like I said, minor). The comfort, control, acceleration, quite cabin, radio, materials, are everything you could ask for. If you would be willing to pay 15k-20k more for a BMW name plate, consider giving that money to St Jude's Hospital, and enjoy your new Genenis.

Did a test Drive and I want to buy
By Dwight Flack

2016 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I did a test drive to see if I would like this car. Well I loved it!! It was very quiet and handled well for the way I drive. I do mostly highway driving and this car is made for just that. It is very comfy to drive I am 6ft 3ins so I need a lot of room and this is the right car for me.

Can't believe it
By Alexander Morciglio

2016 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Coming out of a 2016 mercedes-benz c class because of mechanical issues.I purchased a 2016 Genesis w/the ultimate package. I feel like i made the best decision of my car buying life. I love everything about this car and the technology is at the level that you would find in any other high end vehicle.Way to go Genesis ty

Truly a value compared to anything else!
By dan

2016 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I sold my supercharged Audi A6 to buy this Genesis. While I think the car has plenty power for daily driving, I feel like this car really should have a turbo or supercharger for more low end torque like the Audi. I know it would add more cost, but at least make it an available engine choice. Thats the only thing I can really think of as a "con" for me. The rest of the car is amazing. Quiet, smooth, comfortable, and very attractive. I also like that the interior room it affords a family of four, much more than the German rivals. IMO, this car is the perfect blend between Audi, BMW and Lexus. It looks European, but its quiet and smooth like a Lexus. So far I am thrilled will the purchase, first time in a long time that I don't have buyers remorse:)

I love my new Genesis!
By John Trzcinka

2016 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

I test drove several cars before I chose to lease my Genesis. I was looking for a reliable four door sedan that had a great ride, was comfortable (I'm a big guy!) and had all of the latest technology. In addition to the Genesis, the cars that I test drove were the Buick Lacrosse, Audi A6, Lexus GS350 and the Infinity Q50. All of the models had most of the features that I wanted and were in a similar price point. I was surprised at how nice the Lacrosse drove but it lacked the leg room that I desired. The Genesis was the second car that I drove but prior to stopping into the dealership, it wasn't high on my list because....well it was a Hyundai and I didn't know much about the product!

I was first taken by the styling of the Genesis and noticed that it was a high-end looking vehicle. After checking out the interior I was impressed by both the comfort of the seating as well as the layout of the instrument panel. When the ignition was turned on, the instrument and touch screen panels blew me away with colors and sound and I have to say, it brought out the inner kid in me! I just couldn't wait to see all of the things that it did! The test drive was also impressive, although the gas pedal was a little stiff, the car handled very well. The car really sold me!

Next, I drove the A6 which was high on my list for its styling and reputation. After test driving the car, alhough I felt like it was a high performance vehicle, I just wasn’t as comfortable in it as I was in the Genesis and the instrument panel wasn't as impressive either! Next, I drove the GS350. I felt that the exterior styling wasn't as nice as any of the previous three cars that I drove although the comfort was great, it had the features that I wanted and the interior was well appointed with a wood grain finish. It was a very hot day when I test drove this car and the wood grained stirring wheel was almost too hot to hold on to. I much preferred the leather steering wheels found on each of the other cars I drove! The last car that I test drove was the Q50. It was a cool car but I was just too big for it! During my test drives, I found myself comparing each car to the Genesis and in the end, the Genesis was the right car for me! The sound system is awesome, I love the heads up display as well as the 9” touch screen that is very easy to read and use. Now that I have had the car for a month, I still can’t wait to drive it each day!