Used 2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Genesis for Sale
Select your model:
12345...26

Pros
Cons

So far so good, but one aggravation

Jim Orr, 03/07/2015
3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

After driving Buicks & Cadillacs for several years I looked at the Lincoln MK series, drove a Lexus and settled on the Genesis with the Signature package. Traded in a 2011 Buick Lucerne, which I loved. In hindsight I wish I'd sprung for the Tech package with a few more features that I miss. The biggest aggravation is getting the nav system to take voice inputs. Manual inputs work fine or if I say something she recognizes like "Starbucks" or "Texaco" then it works like a charm. But a voice input street address comes up with some of the weirdest options I've ever seen. Anyone else have the same issue? I have a couple of gripes. This car goes through front turn signal bulbs like Sherman went through Georgia. I've been through at least six. The left one is pretty easy and I can replace it myself. The right one requires removing some structure, so I let a mechanic change it (twice). The auto parts place says a lot of owners have the same problem, as do owners of a couple of VW models. No one seems to know why. The other gripe is that I don't get good tire mileage. I put top end Michelins on and get 30-40 thousand max. The tire man says it's because it's a heavy car on performance tires. I'll probably still buy another Genesis unless something better comes along this fall.

Best car I've ever bought.

rpkelly, 05/05/2015
3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Hyundai has come a very long way, and the 2015 Genesis sedan puts it in the elite company of Mercedes, BMW and Lexus. I purchased mine yesterday and was amazed at the fantastic electronics package, the amazing comfort and overall stylish look. I traded in my 2007 Lexus which I had purchased new and in all honesty, can't hold a candle to the Genesis. We had looked into buying the Lexus LS460 which this Genesis is comparable to in all ways except for being about $25k less in price.

Best kept secret!

Scott, 02/28/2016
5.0 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I've had this car for a year now and all I can say is "AWESOME". We got rid of the BMW and picked up this sweet gem. Wicked fast, super comfy, great tech and tons of compliments. Don't hesitate, buy this beauty... September 8, 2017 Update: Still loving this wonderful piece of machinery. Lease ends March 2018. I will be getting another G80 Sport. March 12, 2018 Update: Just turned her in (end of lease). Going to get a new one! Can't find any flaws. Great ride.

So far, so good...

frustrated86, 07/19/2014
3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Moved up from a 2009 Sonata (which was a fairly reliable car and a good value) to a 3.8 Genesis RWD with Ultimate Package. I have had the car for about 3 weeks and driven 2,000 miles, both hwy. and city. I must say that I am very impressed. The car is very quiet, responsive to all driving situations and has a ton of features; all which improve the driving experience. The interior layout is clean, logical, and elegant. Seating is very comfortable and ergonomically designed to fit almost anyone, including rear seating. The exterior design, albeit not my favorite compared to Cadillac or Audi has been a head turner and a source of several compliments at gas stations and supermarket lots.

Inteligent choice for a emotional decision

Brook, 09/10/2015
3.8 4dr Sedan AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Below is my initial review. Update: almost 50k miles in no major issues. Mileage good, performance great. Still stand by initial review. The car is a decent city snow car (live in Denver) with the right snow tires no major issues. This is not a mountain (Audi/Subaru) all wheel drive - closer to the BMW x drive. Great road trip car - drove to bay area several times last year and got close to 28m/gal - impressive. Way more gizmos than you need - adaptive cruise blind spot detection very nice. Lane assistance - don't care for, although that is just me. Overall a solid choice with no major quirks or complaints. Anyone purchasing a car in this category doesn't really need everything that comes with it - let's be serious! That being said, if you are in the frame of mind where you either feel you deserve or want to reward yourself with this class of vehicle - look no further than here. I purchased the AWD Signature/Tech package and could not be happier, but more importantly, could not be more impressed with the value/quality of the vehicle and the purchasing experience. I have owned several Lexus', driven BMWs and Merc's (on regular basis/not owned), and I have to say the bang for the buck and quality is clearly here. If you a purist and need that ultimate driving experience, then go buy BMW. But ask yourself this? How often to you truly get to exercise the limits of performance of a mid/full size sedan? Do you really need to? Some key highlights for me are: The adaptive cruise control, intuitive instrumentation (never been a fan of i-drive), and interior comfort. I am 6'7" and never felt like I fit in a car before this. Performance mode is more than apt for this size/class vehicle. It may not be the fastest, but I come back to the point does it really need to be? I typically drive in normal or eco mode and have been getting 23/24 mpg and in eco have not noticed a big difference in performance. Purchasing experience was one of the best (internet sales) - was in and in out under 2 hours, including trade in. Great customer service. Keep in mind this is not a luxury dealership so don't expect the leather couches and espresso machine, etc. However, the time, effort and care was equal to if not more so (to make for the fact they didn't have the lux dealership amenities?) than what i have experienced at the Lexus dealership. If you are looking for that lux feel and ride and would rather keep $10k-$20k in your bank account, then go test drive one of these cars and see for yourself.

12345...26