Used 2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec Consumer Reviews

$14,995

Used Genesis for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

R Spec Genesis WOW!!

luv2nou2, 02/24/2013

429 HP! 429 HP! Unbelievable size engine for this beautiful car! Hyundai engineers out did themselves on the exterior design, moderate pass on interior (what's with the Accent Steering wheel?). Can't complain, you get a lot of stuff for this price! Lexus pfft! MB pfft! BMW pfft! For this price you can't go wrong! Outstanding value! Outstanding Warranty! This car averages about 21 MPG in our first 800 miles? Not bad for 429 HP!! Sound system is INCREDIBLE! 17 speakers put you in another world! Harmon Kaden, Bose & Fender have nothing on this Lexicon system.

Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec Excellent Car

charlie_r43, 08/19/2012

I have owned my 5.0 R-Spec for 10 months and the car lives up to everything Hyundai said the car would be. There are reviews out there giving the car a medicore rating. I completely disagree with them. The interior is well thought out and the leather is of a high quality. All of the instruments and navigation systems are easy to use. The engine is very responsive and will pin your back into the seat when floored. Cornering is improved with the upgraded suspension. Overall the ride is quiet and comfortable. The Genesis is very sporty for a luxury car though it is not a true sports car. The Genesis is more of a luxury car and a muscle car combined. Still makes me smile!

Five years in the waiting and I chose Genesis

murrman, 10/21/2011

For as long as I can remember, my ideal car was going to be a BMW 5 Series, but all that changed with Genesis. After test driving BMW & Lexus, and seriously considering a2012 Dodge SRT8 Charger I went with the Genesis 5.0. The 550i was in the mid $60K, and although the SRT8 was tempting the 2012 R-Spec had the entire package I was looking for, especially since I opted for the Bridgestone summer tires. The ride is moderately harsh but I live in SW FL and our roads are pristine, and coming out of a '08 Sonata Limited I welcome the cornering ability. No company can beat Hyundai's warranty, reliability, and service. I'm 100% satisfied although I think the R-Spec should've included an iPod.

What car did they drive!

John Landry, 01/26/2016
5.0 R-Spec 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Ok, after living with it a few years, my review is less than stellar as revised. I started having issues with the drivetrain. I can hear and feel a thump between first and second gear. Also, the car has cut its power after the last dealer software update. They won’t admit it, but I know it’s just not the same car. I suspect they cut the motor power to make it in line with the newer 5.0 motor’s reduced power. I sold this car and purchased a Chrysler 300 hemi instead. I just feel like the hemi power is an established product and the Genesis is a one off project with questionable durability. A good car, but get ready for major repair bills. I drove the Mercedes e350 and s550, the BWM 550 and 328i, the Lexus 460, the Cadillac CTS 3.6 platinum, Infinity M, and the Lincoln mkX. I was looking for a powerful, quiet, competent, and good handling replacement for my DTS Cadillac. I have recently owned a BMW z4 and 330i. No matter what the reviews say, I get nearly 30MPG highway (28-29). I replaced the stock continental tires with Michelins and the car got even quieter. I measured it with the spl meter on the iphone. It is now just as quiet as a Lexus, but with way more guts and glory. it does not have the intuitively rewarding handling that the e/s Mercedes or the BMWs, but is you are looking for something between the BMW 550 or S550 and the Lexus with a much better stereo and no stigma, this is it! Note - the new (2015) Cadillac CTS 3.6 was amazing - I looked at my wife during the test drive and I quickly deduced I would have to fight to drive it, It is a very appealing and great performing car with the best stereo ever devised in an automobile. Check it out...way to go Bose/Cadillac. Lexus Mark Levinson pales in comparison! By the way, the caddy is my favorite car of all I drove and mentioned, but the dealer was way overpriced on these. They wanted nearly $40k for a used one. I bought this my second favorite/second place Genesis R Spec for 26K with only 25k miles! It is a steal!

Awesome Car

jenniferkay, 05/09/2012

I drove this car for the first time and it is amazing....I LOVE IT....