In response to COVID-19, many dealers are offering at-home delivery.
and ask for details.

2020 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $3,355
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Had my doubts about the new IVT trans.

Sir Dave, 07/17/2019
Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

After a test drive fell in love with the new trans.. With Hyundai's 100k power train warranty, not worried about it being a new design. Hyundai continues to improve sound quality. This is my third elantra & each new vehicle has been a very noticeable improvements years. ( usually trade every 3 or 4 years. In the 2020 model many new safety features have been added from my 2017 edition. Only have a few hundred miles on it so far, will keep you updated as the mileage increases. All three of my Elantras have averaged better than 40 mpg. A real surprise was that Hyundai finally added a REAL horn to this vehicle.πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ˜€

2020 ELANTRA VALUE IS SURPRISING!

Analicia, 09/20/2019
Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Although I am usually a crossover kind of diver I decided to give the 2020 Elantra a go. I was not disappointed. I went with the Value due to the sunroof! I sacrificed a few things for it but in the end I can not say enough great things about this car. Gas mileage is great, ride is smooth. I enjoy that I have 3 different modes to drive in, Smart, normal and sport. I feel as if it has plenty of space in the back for kids and adults. The display is easy to use and the apple car play is fantastic. The lane assistance was surprising to test out. Doesn't read lanes so well in rain, but that is to be expected right? Although I didn't get the infinity sound system I still find that my sound is great, I'm a rocker and like my music LOUD! I have only put a couple hundred miles on it in the last week that I have owned it, but I would recommend it to many commuters and honestly single families. I have owned two other Hyundai's and have not been disappointed thus far. Their warranties are truly the best.

Love my 2020 Elantra

Tkbk, 11/16/2019
Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Drove a 2017 Elantra Ltd for 2+ years, then thought I needed a bigger vehicle and bought a 2019 Toyota Rav 4. Traded that in after 3 months for a 2020 Elantra. Love this car. Love the way it handles, love the gas mileage, the seats, the way it looks, the onboard gps, the sound system. Love the color(red). I smile every time I get in the car. Zippy car and fun to drive. It is the ultimate.

Ad
Build Your ELANTRA

Bad Transmission

EBP, 03/22/2020
Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Transmission failed at 3500 miles and had to be completely replaced (took over 2 weeks but was covered by warranty). Now at 6500 miles it is happening again and I was essentially told I would have to pay or wait for it to completely fail again. If it does, I will be contacting a lawyer about lemon laws. I need a reliable car and can't afford to rent a car for two weeks every three months.

Nice car, but not great for short folks

First time Hyundai buyer, 10/28/2019
Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Just purchased, have about 100 miles on the car. It handles well and is good on gas mileage. Love the exterior design. However, I am really short, about 5' and the drivers seat is way too long and hits the back of my knee. I have adjusted the seat, tried cushions, to no avail. It is really frustrating. So much so, I may have to trade the car in for another make. At first I thought it was a design flaw with my car. The shop inspected it and it is fine. After sitting in many other Elantras and Sonatas, I realized the 2020 Hyundai's are not designed well for short people. I did not realize this on the test drive, so just a word of caution to all the short folks out there. If I was about three inches taller, I probably would give the car a four star rating.