Used 2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Great car but
By Scott Ellis

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

In the beginning this Car Got great gas milage but now it gets terrible gas Knowledge

Watch out for tire blowouts!!
By V. V. D.

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Pros: I do love this little car. So does my son who just got his driver's license. GREAT mileage - have hit 47.7 on the highway with only me and no cargo in the car. Great handling. Good headroom. Cons: Poor rear visibility. Headlights don't light up front side of car, so can't see into where you're turning until you've already turned. Tires get flattened very easily - can't even count how many I've replaced. And they are not cheap. Around 80,000 car became very loud inside while highway driving. have to yell to people in the backseat for them to hear. My 6' 2" husband gets leg cramps on long drives, even with the seats pushed all the way back.

Love my Hyundai Accent SE!
By Cindy Andresen

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

So far, I'm very happy with it.

Great little runabout
By john carrozza

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Great little car for the money, awesome for around town.

The Last "New" Hyundai I will Ever Own.
By Dan

2012 Hyundai Accent Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I say the last "new" Hyundai, when really I mean the last Hyundai I will ever own, and the last car I will ever buy new. I bought this car in October of 2011 as a brand new 2012 with 0 miles on it. It was a special order, from the dealer. Luckily, because it was special order, they didn't get the chance to mark it up $1500 like the other cars on their lot. Even still, I barely got out under sticker price. Up to about 20k miles was great, except for the garbage Kumho tires on these cars, which wore out after 16k. 22k miles I had the shifter knob replaced as the leather was deteriorating. 23k I had the heater motor replaced because it was whining terribly. From 23k onwards the clutch throw-out shaft had been making a chirping noise. 15 trips to the dealer.... let me repeat... FIFTEEN. TRIPS. Have all but yet to determine the noise, or even offer to replace parts. 26k I had them replace the clutch slave cylinder and bleed the system... no help. 27k they lubed the throw-out bearing... no help. Fast forward 60,000 chirpy miles later the check engine light comes on. 87k on the clock I bring it in for the light. Small evap leak code P0456. They change all the solenoids at my cost because EVAP is only covered to 82k.... thanks Hyundai. 90k the light comes back on... They clear it, not finding an issue. 92k the light comes on... They clear it, not finding an issue again. 95k.... my FUEL PUMP HOUSING falls apart. Literally cracked completely around the retaining ring and nearly bursts from the tank.... $790 later, out of my pocket AGAIN... it's fixed... because the Fuel system isn't covered under the 100,000 mile warranty. 96,000 miles... I still owe $2600 on this car. Never. Again. Goodbye Hyundai.