Skip to main content

Used Accent for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...16

Pros
Cons
4.13 out of 5 stars

I beat [violative content deleted] out of this car everyday!

2canchew, 01/10/2012
2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it new in 2008 and I beat [violative content deleted] out of this car everytime i drive it. It has bounced off the rev limiter thousands of times. Its screams @ 4500-5000rpm driving down the hwy everyday. I have over 110,000 miles on it now and it runs as good as new. doesn't burn oil or coolant. I still have the original brakes on it and its four years old and it gets smothered in Canadian salty roads 7 months of the year. Bottom line best car ever made nothing fancy but im going to drive this one into the ground and buy a new one no questions asked. I'm a Hyundai owner for life.

5 out of 5 stars

Cannot Bring myself to trade it

generalflea, 06/24/2011
2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought this car back in June of 2008 and it has been one of the best decisions ever! The little guy, (now known as the General Flea due to its color (tango red) being close to the General Lee and the way I can drive it) has been faithful at every turn. We bought it with 2 miles on the clock and it now has close to 50,000 without any trouble, just gas, some oil, and a couple of airfilters. The transmission at first was rough but I added a more sporting clutch setup and it has alleviated the rough transmission. This car has been known to hit 51mpg on the highway before and usually has a combined city/highway of 36mpg, well above its estimate. Overall great car!

4.63 out of 5 stars

The ultimate work car!

Crash, 10/03/2010
2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new in Oct 2007, with 6 miles on it! Now have 43,000 trouble free miles, never any warranty issues! Have just had to keep up routine maintenance (oil & filters, spark plugs) This is one of the most dependable cars i have ever owned, and i have owned a lot of them! It's not a Cadillac, or a Corvette by any means, but for basic transport, you can't beat these little cars! I never cease to be amazed at the amount of stuff that fits in the hatch. These cars are very simple design, probably why so reliable. You can actually do your own maintenance! (save receipts for warranty) Would definitely buy another, bought Kia Rio for my daughter, same car underneath. Hyundai/Kia have a customer for life!

Car for grand daughter

Papa, 09/30/2018
updated 04/02/2021
2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great sub compact for our college bound grand daughter. Great on gas , easy to drive and she loves the way it looks.

4.13 out of 5 stars

Very good car

ahtoh1, 05/19/2013
2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Got it new. Now has 110,000KM. Few minor issues that dealer repaired no problem. Overall quality of the car is very good. I would advise to drop it off at the dealer for a full checkup just before warranty runs out. On my car the bracket that holds exhaust pipe rutted out and i did not notice after warranty ran out. I really like the look of the car. I owned 1986 excel, then first and second generation of Accent and now 3rd generation Accent. 3rd generation is almost perfect.

12345...16