Used 2012 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Kissed my Ridgeline Goodby
By Jerry Copeland

2012 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Gas mileage isn’t great and towing isn’t great, but the rest of the truck is great. It had so many things going for it that I would still be driving it if not for a need for a trailer.

holy honda
By Randy Remenap

2012 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck. reliable, great storage, dependable easy to maintain.

Really like it!!
By Dave Lobacz

2012 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Really like the idea of having a vehicle with a bed but on independent suppension and a unibody. Good ride and solid.

Great Used Hauler
By Tim McConnell

2012 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck about a year ago with 100k miles and I've driven it as a daily commuter. I replaced an old Dodge V8 truck, which I loved, and although I sometimes miss that rowdy V8 exhaust rumble and the engine torque, that truck doesn't at all compare to this one. The Ridgeline has performed fantastic in the snow, mud, and rain. It has a ride that's very comfortable and a powertrain that suits the vehicle. It sits high enough to feel like a proper truck and it has been very durable. My buddies at work make fun of me but they appreciate the truck's functionality. Recently I had to drive a couple of days in freezing snow and I never felt the truck lose traction. I would buy this truck again.

Very high maintenance costs and unreliable
By John K

2012 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very disappointed is several areas.
There is always something breaking.
-After 2 years the third brake light assembly broke off the truck on the highway. It was out of warranty. Honda USA was no help even though it is a pretty well documented problem on forums. Quote from the dealer $800. Radio never worked well, but found out the antenna was located in the third brake light assembly.
- brakes are paper. I do highway driving. 3 sets of brakes in 3 years. I know it's operator influenced, but I've never had this in any other vehicle.
- left front axle blew out after 3 years.
- timing belt on a truck? really. My bad for not researching more thoroughly. $900 along with spark plugs and valve adjustment due at the same time for an additional $600.
- virtually every oil change at is accompanied by either differential, transmission, or coolant change. Why are other vehicles rated for 60-100K between fluid changes?

Seats are very rigid and uncomfortable for moderate to long rides. The interior design is perplexing. Why put the Aux cord input in the dash on the passenger side? Also, the space below the middle console is wasted space. You can't get to it without having everything from the top space fall into it. Interior seat material scratches very easily.

Would not recommend this truck. I'm sure the value is going to drop through the floor once they introduce the new model.