Used 2006 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews - 395 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Opening the rear hatch and tailgate and 17 de snow
By Timothy Greene

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The tailgate and toolbox was the main reason that I bought the crew cab i bought my Ridgeline it has been very work worthy for me as just now this January the 18th left my work boots in the cargo truck gate in the in the bed snow was all covered and ice in the bed of the truck went out didn't think I was going to be able to get it open without having to pour water to melt snow and ice open the tailgate folded it out no problem open gate for the storage no problem open up I was so happy Honda thanks keep up the good work and I really enjoy my 2006 Honda Ridgeline with 208,000 miles

The Alaskan is pleased
By Thomas Wright

2006 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is amazing! It's perfect for someone looking for a mix between the utility of a dedicated pickup, and the low operating cost of a car. Someone described it as a "Swiss army knife utility vehicle", and I think that describes it pretty well. Its not for hard core haulers or city dwellers that will never use the bed. for those who need something that will do a bit of everything, Its a match made in heaven. It is reliable as well, I bought it in 2014 with 100,000 miles and put 50,000 more since I've had it with zero problems. The only issues I have with it are: Poor turn radius (turns what should be a U turn into a 3 point), Touchy at take off (normally not a problem, until you try to ease it up on a pair of ramps), Mileage when towing (drops significantly with even small load, yet about the same mileage with large ones), Temp fan control are buttons not a dial (small nit pick), no Aux plug (I bought a FM transmitter $20), Visually limited on right side when changing lanes (Requires a little head bobbing when preforming head checks, it is enough but takes a little while getting used to). And that's everything bad I can say about it. Despite those little nit picks, I would buy another, and to me it was worth every penny of $12,000.

Love at first drive
By Brynden Morris

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Ridgeline used with very high mileage, (177k). If you're looking for a vehicle with over 100k miles on it a pre-purchase inspection is absolutely necessary. So far I'm completely smitten, this truck drives like a dream, incredibly smooth acceleration and shifting, relatively quiet at all speeds and great handling, on road and off. There are lots of clever little details that show the design and engineering team at Honda were thorough, from the 9 cu ft of lockable trunk-space in the bed, to just having two power ports readily accessible for driver and passenger. Ease of access is excellent, I am a tall fellow (6' 3") and the truck has plenty of head-room, my brother is in a wheelchair and was able to transfer in and out of the front seat without issue. All interior controls are straight forward and easy to use, sound system is good, interior lighting, home link, sun-roof, all excellent. AM options that came with/on the truck; custom bumper, brush guards, wheel well fenders, bug deflector, matching canopy, 2" lift kit.

rich man's trap
By rich man trap

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Piece of crap. Not good for anything other than saying you own a truck. All dash lights gone out or going out at 50000 miles. Radio light out at 60000 miles. Odometer light on dash blinks on and off. Every trip to dealer ship for oil change recommends a 400$ service. Pushed me rite into a Toyota Tacoma. Never will I own another honda. Better have deep pockets. Pos!

Will Buy Another
By Chris Hrenko

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM, Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My '06 was a demo that I purchased with 2,800 miles on it--9 years later I have over 190,000 miles and it is still strong. I don't need to tow more than 3,500 lbs and do 80% highway driving, but it has handled the Colorado high country without breaking a sweat during my hunting trips also. Having driven many Lariat diesels and the like for work and play, the Ridgeline is the best that I have ever driven in term of reliability and value for the money. As a light- to medium-duty truck, you can't beat it.

Drivetrain, automatic 4-wheel engagement and rear locker, handling and drive control, convenient trunk and capable bed.

Ability to adjust ground clearance as needed, increased highway mileage.