Used 2006 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews - 398 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Satified owner
By Brian

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What you see is what you get and that is a good thing. Coolest feature is the secret in-bed trunk.

300,665 miles and still going strong.
By Samuel Moses

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I change the oil when the light says oil life gone. I never have to ad any oil between changes and the oil stick stays on full. Replaced timing belt at 278,000 miles. Comfortable ride and plenty of power to haul 4500 lb car + trailer. The value is almost completely gone because of the miles so I plan on driving it until I can't drive anymore (I'm 75) or it has a big repair Bill. So reliable I wouldn't hesitate to drive all the way across country. You would never believe that this truck has anyway near the miles it has. The paint is still glossy and it's never been bumped or wrecked. Interior looks great.

Sold, wish I could keep it
By Chill

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you keep up maintenance, it won’t let you down. Only use Honda fluids except oil. Easy to change all yourself. Did replace axles because boots were leaking. Sold it, but in excellent condition except for a few scratches. Would get another but don’t like the newer body style.

Opening the rear hatch and tailgate and 17 de snow
By Timothy Greene

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The tailgate and toolbox was the main reason that I bought the crew cab i bought my Ridgeline it has been very work worthy for me as just now this January the 18th left my work boots in the cargo truck gate in the in the bed snow was all covered and ice in the bed of the truck went out didn't think I was going to be able to get it open without having to pour water to melt snow and ice open the tailgate folded it out no problem open gate for the storage no problem open up I was so happy Honda thanks keep up the good work and I really enjoy my 2006 Honda Ridgeline with 208,000 miles

The Alaskan is pleased
By Thomas Wright

2006 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is amazing! It's perfect for someone looking for a mix between the utility of a dedicated pickup, and the low operating cost of a car. Someone described it as a "Swiss army knife utility vehicle", and I think that describes it pretty well. Its not for hard core haulers or city dwellers that will never use the bed. for those who need something that will do a bit of everything, Its a match made in heaven. It is reliable as well, I bought it in 2014 with 100,000 miles and put 50,000 more since I've had it with zero problems. The only issues I have with it are: Poor turn radius (turns what should be a U turn into a 3 point), Touchy at take off (normally not a problem, until you try to ease it up on a pair of ramps), Mileage when towing (drops significantly with even small load, yet about the same mileage with large ones), Temp fan control are buttons not a dial (small nit pick), no Aux plug (I bought a FM transmitter $20), Visually limited on right side when changing lanes (Requires a little head bobbing when preforming head checks, it is enough but takes a little while getting used to). And that's everything bad I can say about it. Despite those little nit picks, I would buy another, and to me it was worth every penny of $12,000.