Used 1995 Honda Prelude Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Prelude Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:

Plenty of Power
By Gmoney

1995 Honda Prelude SE 2dr Coupe

I don't know WHAT in the hell these people, complaining "no power", are talking about!! I've had mine for 10 years, with 92,000 on it now. No RAM or Turbo system. No chips. The only change is a K&N air filter and mine will still do 0-60mph in 8+seconds!! I don't know what they expect from a 24 year old 4 cylinder?!? It's not a 2018 R-type!! Aside from that, it's a great car & fun as hell to drive (120mph go-cart). The major downsides to this car are wheel well rust & finding parts for it. Honda no longer makes parts & the OEM parts you can find are very pricey! Shop thoroughly. And if you plan on owning one for a while. I suggest looking for a good cheap donor car, to buy for parts.

95 'lude
By isaiah2

1995 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

Bought mine a year ago with 180k miles, now at 190k. A fun car to drive, not especially fast but good in the corners, better than most 4wd cars I've driven. Get compliments and questions about it anywhere I go, definitely has some curb appeal. MPGs aren't as good as I expected, but 25 city/highway isn't bad. Reliability is Honda... some wheel well rust, but according to the service records only minor repairs til 150-200k miles, then you have to replace shocks, hoses, etc...

Looks, cornering

turbo? and watch out for repairs.

1995 Prelude Si
By Murrell

1995 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I have had my prelude for 5 years now and i have put a total of 85,000 miles on it. It has been the most fun car to drive I have ever had. It still has the same amount of power since the day i bought it. Actually a little more because of a few mods. I added a cold air intake and a full exhaust. The sound of the car is amazing. I have nothing bad to say about it. It is a totally reliable car. With the mods i made i get about 28.5 miles per gal around town driving.

I like the way the dash goes all the way across. I like the digital gas gauge and temp. gauge. I also like how the tachometer is the same size as the speedometer.

The factory stereo system could be better. The back speakers should be at least 6by9s instead of 6.5s. And maybe come with a sub or something.

1995 Prelude Si
By 2.3Si

1995 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a couple months ago and I must say it's great. The only thing is that my paints faded on parts of it but it runs great and has extremely good performance. It picks up pretty quickly for a four cylinder car. It's also very good on gas.

My favorite has to be the dashboard.

Add some fog lights.

honda prelude si 2.3
By justin

1995 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

all and all its a good first car but if speed isn't important to you then its a great car.

the interior is what gets me i love the design

the sunroof rusts out over the years