2019 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2019 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Know your dealer
By LD Waters

2019 Honda Pilot Touring w/Rear Captain's Chairs 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

The car is priced with a little wiggle room, if you don’t go to an unscrupulous dealer like Jenkins Honda of Leesburg. I got a quote from them through Edmonds. Wasted time, energy and money after verbal confirmation of quoted price and availability of purchase the next day . Drove 45 miles to pick up car and after 3hrs of stories, they didn’t have it. Went to Coggins Honda of DeLand and purchased the car with no problems. They are professional, well informed on their product and are good people. The y we’re also referred to me by Edmunds.

Pilot Elite is a truly Elite-better than MDX!!
By Ed H.

2019 Honda Pilot Elite 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

If you go Elite you are getting your Money’s worth Especially when you compare it to the top levels of the MDX, trust me, I test drove both MDX and Pilot Elite, bought the Pilot Elite. In reality, it’s only the difference of about $6-7k (pilots being cheaper) and Pilot Elite comes with more bells & whistles... ex. Panoramic Moonroof, Blu-Ray (vs. DVD in MDX!) and HDMI in Pilote Elite(vs. old school video component-mono, video, audio inputs in MDX—one word- Ridiculous!) ... as far as everything else it’s all the same features with a he exception of a lil extra plush seats in the MDX and the Acura tags and your paying more for in reality less! No thanks. I love this vehicle... I got it 3 weeks ago for my wife and we already took the family in a road trip, kids loved it, we loved it! Led lights, wireless phone charging, usbs everywhere( test drove Audi Q7 which lacked USB’s big time not to mention no rear entertainment and more $$) ventilated Sears, captain chairs, panoramic roof, power folding mirrors, the list goes on.... This Pilot is Supreme!

Smooth quiet ride with plenty of pep
By George Snyder

2019 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I like the Honda sensing feature, which is standard in the 2019 models. The side mirror interior lights are much nicer than the other manufacturer exterior orange lights. The 280 HP with the 6-speed transmissions has good smooth acceleration. Fits 8 people reasonably comfortable, wish they had an option for back bucket seats (7 seat) - but no such luck. The 2019 has mostly cosmetic changes, more significate are the LED headlights and larger rear center antenna - for FM/satellite reception. The 2019 is basically the same price at the 2017 models with the same features, so that is a pretty good deal.

2019 Pilot fixed what others disliked in 2018
By Mrs. McDowell

2019 Honda Pilot Touring w/Rear Captain's Chairs 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Be sure to test drive as the push button controlled transmission takes some getting used to.

Almost perfect
By Brian

2019 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

My wife and I are among the first buyers of the new 2019 Pilots and so far we are thrilled. It’s only been a few days so I can’t speak to any long term realizability issues. I did want to take the time to do this early review because I was floored by the fact that the 2019 Touring model no longer has the ability to set the height of the tailgate. We found this out after trying to set the height in our garage when we got it home. I’m pretty disappointed knowing that we have a full loaded model with all this revolutionary tech, and we can’t set the tailgate height. The worst part is that this was available on last years Touring. Even the guys in the dealership were shocked to see it was taken away. I love the car as a whole, but be advised you have to opt for the Elite to get this. I chose not to go with the Eite because it has captains chairs only and I wanted the bench seat for our baby’s safety. Hope this helps someone else out.