Used 2010 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

It's a sunny car for 3months
By James Krzewski

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This vehicle is not a 4 season car. The winters in Mi. can be harsh with strong winds and temps below the teens. How many times over a 5 year ownership the engine never heated up to warm the cabin and maintain proper engine temperature. That always bugged me. Take away that phase and it was a fairly decent vehicle. It was also noisy with little or no insulation in the floor. Engine and transmission were rock solid and performed flawlessly. It'd be a nice little vehicle for Calif. or Florida but it's not very good for the winter months in the midwest.

Nice car less than 100K miles reliable deal
By Mark

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Reliable car for daily use

Best car if you're starting out in life.
By JMD

2010 Honda Civic Sedan DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Fuel efficient. Will really save you money in the long run. Never had engine problems. I did have issues with wheel alignment about 6 years in. The battery was normal as usual- it died on me one time about 5 years in which AAA came and changed it on the spot for around $100. This car is decent in snow because it's front wheel drive, however you should probably install Blazzaks or Yokohomas during the winter for better traction. The cabin is a little noisier compared to other cars but this is expected. This car really holds up against the test of time. After 8 years owning one, it was finally time to move up (or down) to a Mustang. I do miss the 4 doors and the practicality of the civic. However, I just needed something faster. Now that I have a mustang, I do think that I will probably end up exchanging it for a 4 door performance car in the future since I realized how practical the Civic was. I think the Honda Civic is best suited for new drivers ages 16-23. Hell, I would have even kept this longer because i really don't need a new car. The only reason for exchanging Civic for a mustang was solely for performance reasons. I just wanted to finally drive something fast for a change. Other than that, I think that the Civic was a tremendous first car. It will keep you humble, will get you where you need to be and you won't ever have to worry about it. If things go wrong, you have the peace of mind knowing that parts are cheap. If you get a ding, it doesnt really matter since I hate to say this but it's a civic. I mean that in the most respectable way possible and you really do get that peace of mind when you're working or studying. You won't constantly be wondering if anyone is trying to steal or key your car or anything. Overall 5/5 car.

Great car
By HC

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Reliable, safe, effiecint and fun to drive. And sporty looks. Great little car.

Great Car
By mrm

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Update: I still have this car and it now has over 210k miles on it and runs great. the reliability of this car has been amazing.

I purchased this car new in 2010. I have almost 190,000 miles on it and have had to put no problems with it whatsoever. I drive it for work so I put a lot of miles on it. No major repairs (other than an $400 oil pan after Walmart's service technicians ruined my oil pan after an oil change). Now, I take the car to repair facilities that I trust and I have not had any more repairs. The only thing that I do faithfully is keep up with regular maintenance such as oil changes, tire replacements, brakes and batteries (have had to put two batteries in it). I took the car on a 7-hour (14 hour round trip) road trip with 180,000 miles and no problems at all. It is very reliable.