Used 2010 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

It's a sunny car for 3months
By James Krzewski

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This vehicle is not a 4 season car. The winters in Mi. can be harsh with strong winds and temps below the teens. How many times over a 5 year ownership the engine never heated up to warm the cabin and maintain proper engine temperature. That always bugged me. Take away that phase and it was a fairly decent vehicle. It was also noisy with little or no insulation in the floor. Engine and transmission were rock solid and performed flawlessly. It'd be a nice little vehicle for Calif. or Florida but it's not very good for the winter months in the midwest.

Honda, not that great
By Jeff S

2010 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Sun visors separate, they replaced under warranty but said one time deal . Honda will not admit there is a problem. Motor mount had to be replaced, cost over $600. Never owned a car that had a motor mount go bad. Contacted Honda USA, they didn't really care. Did nothing. After owning 2006 and then 2010 Honda, I now own a Hyundai.

Very disappointed with Honda
By Cheryl

2010 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

There is a major defect with this car's clear coat. It peels everywhere. Honda is fully aware of this issue but although they extended the warranty for this issue, they failed to notify owners. I only heard about it from a body shop. They suggested I contact Honda. I called only to find out the extended warranty had expired so they would not help me in any way. I have estimates of $600-1000 just to repaint the roof. I will eventually need to repaint the entire car. I have owned Hondas for about 25 years. This has soured me so much that I will neither purchase nor recommend another. I may not even keep the one I have. I have personally seen this issue on several Civics in multiple colors. Some in better and some in worse condition than mine. I am disgusted with Honda that they do not stand behind their products. I can only say if there is a defect with their paint and they were aware of it, it shouldn't matter how much time passes. It's not like it will go away on its own. I don't feel it's fair to pass their problem onto me and make me pay for it. It's their mess, they should clean it up. Very disappointed.

Nice car less than 100K miles reliable deal
By Mark

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Reliable car for daily use

Best car if you're starting out in life.
By JMD

2010 Honda Civic DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Fuel efficient. Will really save you money in the long run. Never had engine problems. I did have issues with wheel alignment about 6 years in. The battery was normal as usual- it died on me one time about 5 years in which AAA came and changed it on the spot for around $100. This car is decent in snow because it's front wheel drive, however you should probably install Blazzaks or Yokohomas during the winter for better traction. The cabin is a little noisier compared to other cars but this is expected. This car really holds up against the test of time. After 8 years owning one, it was finally time to move up (or down) to a Mustang. I do miss the 4 doors and the practicality of the civic. However, I just needed something faster. Now that I have a mustang, I do think that I will probably end up exchanging it for a 4 door performance car in the future since I realized how practical the Civic was. I think the Honda Civic is best suited for new drivers ages 16-23. Hell, I would have even kept this longer because i really don't need a new car. The only reason for exchanging Civic for a mustang was solely for performance reasons. I just wanted to finally drive something fast for a change. Other than that, I think that the Civic was a tremendous first car. It will keep you humble, will get you where you need to be and you won't ever have to worry about it. If things go wrong, you have the peace of mind knowing that parts are cheap. If you get a ding, it doesnt really matter since I hate to say this but it's a civic. I mean that in the most respectable way possible and you really do get that peace of mind when you're working or studying. You won't constantly be wondering if anyone is trying to steal or key your car or anything. Overall 5/5 car.