Used 2010 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

good car- but some minor issues
By hersheypa

2010 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The biggest complaint I have about this car is that I spent extra money for the leather and it has not been very durable. I have several rips- and a big one in the drivers arm rest. I take VERY good care of my car- oil changes, all scheduled maintenance ect. Now that I have 115,000 miles, I notice some loss of power and hard shifting. I also recently had to replace a motor mount ($400!) I seem to go through brakes quickly. On the positive side, with some snow tires it does well in the snow and I am overall very happy with this being a daily driver. It also handles very well on the turnpike and gets decent MPG.
10/31/17 - update. Nothing major to report. We have demoted the civic to our back up car and in the past year we have driven it less than 5,000 miles.. I do typically like the maintenance minder, however with no maintenance schedule to follow, it's difficult to know what I should preform, as my oil is only at 50% after 11 months. The guide calls for a yearly oil change- but what about everything else? Will I never need a transmission flush? Or spark plugs? In the past year I also had my car repainted under the extended warranty.

Great car
By HC

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Reliable, safe, effiecint and fun to drive. And sporty looks. Great little car.

Great Car
By mrm

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new in 2010. I have almost 190,000 miles on it and have had to put no problems with it whatsoever. I drive it for work so I put a lot of miles on it. No major repairs (other than an $400 oil pan after Walmart's service technicians ruined my oil pan after an oil change). Now, I take the car to repair facilities that I trust and I have not had any more repairs. The only thing that I do faithfully is keep up with regular maintenance such as oil changes, tire replacements, brakes and batteries (have had to put two batteries in it). I took the car on a 7-hour (14 hour round trip) road trip with 180,000 miles and no problems at all. It is very reliable.

Overall amazing car.
By fb1987

2010 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car once again proved it's reliability. I have over 140000 miles on my car and i haven't any problems beside tires, brakes and shocks (depends on where you live). Only con about this car is the hp.

Eh - Could've done more with my money
By Urme

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2010 Civic LX - 4 door sedan new off the lot in July 2010. It was my first car purchase and, to be honest, I'm regretting purchasing this (or any) car brand new. I paid $16,500 for it. Over five years later it's valued around $7500-$9000, which is not bad. I was attracted to this car because its sleek body style. It looks just great in Taffeta White! As a 5'9" woman, the interior is a tad cramped. It's not the easiest to get in and out of and the driver's side door does not stay open/in place. When you're toting belongings, it's quite annoying. The car handles well in the city, though I'm not thrilled about the gas tank capacity (13.5) - I feel like I'm constantly fueling up! The interior dash is as sleek looking as the body, which was a major bonus for me. The only real issue I've had is that I had replace the brake pads (~$400) about 2.5-3 years into purchase. About a year later I was notified of a recall, but for some reason my vehicle did not qualify. Another annoying, but not insignificant issue I had immediately was the quality of the factory windshield wipers. Useless, actually dangerous, in any sort of precipitation. Even after having Honda give me new ones immediately after my purchase, I had to fork over $50 at AutoTire to get some decent ones. Highway driving is atrocious in this car. Acceleration is not great and you can feel too much of the highway. Also, the seats just aren't comfortable enough for long trips. This is a good starter car, no doubt, but I would not recommend it for much else. After 5 years with this car, I can't wait to upgrade.