Used 2010 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Very disappointed with Honda
By Cheryl

2010 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

There is a major defect with this car's clear coat. It peels everywhere. Honda is fully aware of this issue but although they extended the warranty for this issue, they failed to notify owners. I only heard about it from a body shop. They suggested I contact Honda. I called only to find out the extended warranty had expired so they would not help me in any way. I have estimates of $600-1000 just to repaint the roof. I will eventually need to repaint the entire car. I have owned Hondas for about 25 years. This has soured me so much that I will neither purchase nor recommend another. I may not even keep the one I have. I have personally seen this issue on several Civics in multiple colors. Some in better and some in worse condition than mine. I am disgusted with Honda that they do not stand behind their products. I can only say if there is a defect with their paint and they were aware of it, it shouldn't matter how much time passes. It's not like it will go away on its own. I don't feel it's fair to pass their problem onto me and make me pay for it. It's their mess, they should clean it up. Very disappointed.

Nice car less than 100K miles reliable deal
By Mark

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Reliable car for daily use

Best car if you're starting out in life.
By JMD

2010 Honda Civic DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Fuel efficient. Will really save you money in the long run. Never had engine problems. I did have issues with wheel alignment about 6 years in. The battery was normal as usual- it died on me one time about 5 years in which AAA came and changed it on the spot for around $100. This car is decent in snow because it's front wheel drive, however you should probably install Blazzaks or Yokohomas during the winter for better traction. The cabin is a little noisier compared to other cars but this is expected. This car really holds up against the test of time. After 8 years owning one, it was finally time to move up (or down) to a Mustang. I do miss the 4 doors and the practicality of the civic. However, I just needed something faster. Now that I have a mustang, I do think that I will probably end up exchanging it for a 4 door performance car in the future since I realized how practical the Civic was. I think the Honda Civic is best suited for new drivers ages 16-23. Hell, I would have even kept this longer because i really don't need a new car. The only reason for exchanging Civic for a mustang was solely for performance reasons. I just wanted to finally drive something fast for a change. Other than that, I think that the Civic was a tremendous first car. It will keep you humble, will get you where you need to be and you won't ever have to worry about it. If things go wrong, you have the peace of mind knowing that parts are cheap. If you get a ding, it doesnt really matter since I hate to say this but it's a civic. I mean that in the most respectable way possible and you really do get that peace of mind when you're working or studying. You won't constantly be wondering if anyone is trying to steal or key your car or anything. Overall 5/5 car.

good car- but some minor issues
By hersheypa

2010 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The biggest complaint I have about this car is that I spent extra money for the leather and it has not been very durable. I have several rips- and a big one in the drivers arm rest. I take VERY good care of my car- oil changes, all scheduled maintenance ect. Now that I have 115,000 miles, I notice some loss of power and hard shifting. I also recently had to replace a motor mount ($400!) I seem to go through brakes quickly. On the positive side, with some snow tires it does well in the snow and I am overall very happy with this being a daily driver. It also handles very well on the turnpike and gets decent MPG.
10/31/17 - update. Nothing major to report. We have demoted the civic to our back up car and in the past year we have driven it less than 5,000 miles.. I do typically like the maintenance minder, however with no maintenance schedule to follow, it's difficult to know what I should preform, as my oil is only at 50% after 11 months. The guide calls for a yearly oil change- but what about everything else? Will I never need a transmission flush? Or spark plugs? In the past year I also had my car repainted under the extended warranty.

Great car
By HC

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Reliable, safe, effiecint and fun to drive. And sporty looks. Great little car.