Used 1995 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Good rep, bad car
By aec239

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Have had my '95 LX for just over a year and it's sitting on Craigslist waiting for someone to buy it. The car is extremely slow, even with the manual trans. It's tiny which is only good for parallel parking, only fits about 2 adults comfortably. Gas mileage is AWESOME (36 mpg in the city) which is the reason I bought it when gas was almost at $5. If you're a single person that commutes with no kids, pets, or stuff to carry around than it's an ok car. I've found that the car is completely rusted out underneath when a piece of my exhaust fell off on the highway (and you can only go 70 mph or the little engine will blow up). CV joints and rack boots need replacing every year.

Gas mileage in the city, will run forever if you pay for the constant maintenance.

Gas mileage on highway, too small, cup holders are worthless, very easy to break into.

My favorite car
By alalime

1995 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I bought the 1995 civic with 8,000 miles on it, and I put 190,000 miles on it before the head gasket blew. With regular maintenance, these cars just keep running. My only gripe about it is the body started to give out before the motor .

Most reliable car
By Breath

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a hold-me-over for $300 with 212,000 miles. I have had it for 6 months now and it has done nothing but save me money and get me to where I want to go. I have been beating on this car from day one, taking it off roading, bottoming out, e-brake slides, smashing into snow banks, and just having fun with it, yet it still will not die. $18 fills the tank, drives everywhere, and I don't even think when I put gas in it. Insurance is cheap..no problems. The trunk leaks, I'm not sure if that is a regularly occurring problem or something from the previous owner. Also, my speakers don't work.

I like having the 5 speed, it just makes it that much more fun and fuel efficient. I like the power windows and sunroof. The nice seats.

The cup holder only holds cans... anything else basically spills. The trunk leak and the speakers. The car could also use a bigger battery. Nothing to steer you away from a reliable car.

turned me into a hondaphile
By Beccah

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This is my fourth car and I don't think I'm ever gonna buy anything but a Honda ever again. This is by far the best car Ive ever owned. Until now, I never thought I could actually LOVE a car. I actually named it! Friday, because that's when I bought it and it's practical and fun just like the day of the week! This is also the first manual I've owned and out of all the manual trans cars I've driven, this car is by far the easiest and most fun to drive even though 3rd gear grinds a bit and the power steering is out (not like it needs it!). I probably paid about $1000 too much for this car but I will save that much in gas and parts this year alone. All in all, its worth every overpaid penny. ;)

v-tech engine, shifting ease, body style, reliability, gas mileage, handling, engine sound, smell LOL, wondrous availability of parts and mods for super cheap!

CUP HOLDERS! it doesn't have cup holders, it has juicebox holders, because that's about all they're good for. The sunroof and window motors are kinda weak but that's to be expected after 15 years which is more than I can say for my Pontiac grand prix!.

All round great
By vj

1995 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

My brother gave me his old 95 Honda and I really like this car and will be sad when it finally bites the dust. Has over 300,000 kms and the only problem is occasional over-heating, which I've narrowed down to slight cracks in the head causing coolant leaks - I think. The body rusts around the rear wheel-wells too, due to all the road salt in winter here. Cornering is fun, the manual steering enjoyable and absorbs you in the joy of piloting (apparently there is no such thing as manual steering in a car anymore - a pity). I used to ride my motorbike and this car feels closer to that than most other cars. A manual civic is a simple efficient fun-car.

Comfortable seats, lots interior room for throwing in a bicycle or plants, good all round visibility, amazing mileage, sturdy stance on the road in wind, nicely aerodynamic, and teal blue is my favourite colour.

Body rusts out too quickly.