Used 1995 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Honda Civic LX
By HondaGirl

1995 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Overall, not a bad car. It has only left me stranded twice: when the plastic radiator cracked, alternator belt broke. Gets pretty good gas mileage. Now with 232,000 miles it is gone. Starter just went out, oil seals are leaking, and it leaked on the timing belt, back power windows leaking, trunk is leaking water from back window. This summer had the CV joints, brakes, and rotors replaced and it was driving like brand new. I got this car with 90K miles on it. We had a good run. Just remember to get the timing belt replaced every 90K miles and you will be fine. I got this car in college and it has lasted thru my first job, and it will be missed

Great gas mileage, Cold AC and Hot heat, comfortable seats, not bad looking

Very little power, you really have to punch it on the interstate to get above 60 Road noise is annoying on the interstate What's up with the back window seal? How strange that it leaks water into the trunk. Trunk is totally unusable when it is raining. Watch out. I ruined a good book back there.

Just sold it and now miss it!
By Idahoaggie98

1995 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

We just bought a 2003 Honda Odyssey because we simply outgrew the smaller civic. It's been my wife's car for almost 7 years. We have never had any problems. The interior held up extremely well. I loved the way it handled. After 120,000 miles, everything worked and the car almost looked like new when we sold it.

C.D. changer, sunroof, fuel economy, interior upholstery, sportscar like performance, D3, etc.

Nothing. They should just keep making this car, like the older VW bugs.

Great Value
By Jami23

1995 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned my civic for 10 1/2 years. This has been one of the best purchases ever. I have had no problems with my car. The only work that has needed to be done is basic maintenance and an axle replacement. I hate to part with it but I am thinking of buying a new one.

The features on my car are very basic.

I am sure that they have made them all by now.

Red Civic
By Little red Civic

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in July as I knew the owner. It gets thirty plus mpg but I have gotten over 40 mpg on a trip. So far have put a set of front brakes and rotors, a muffler and adjusted the valves. It has 170000 miles and feels like it's good for that many more.

Car is reliable, economical and surpisingly a comfortable road car.

Reliable
By Rick

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Wife's car because I trust it's dependabilty. Broke a timing belt (my fault, should have had it changed at 100000). We've got 175000 on it and it keeps running. A little noisey but we're used to it now.

Reliabilty, fuel economy