2020 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $3,089
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

Best car for $30K hands down.

Matt, 08/24/2020
EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

Just got my Accord EX-L 2.0T and 10 A/T about a week ago, coming from a 2008 Infiniti G35x. Even though the Infiniti had 50 more horsepower, the Accord is a HUGE upgrade. I can't get over how nice it feels just to sit in this car and drive it. Already I've noticed so many good things about the Accord. Everything from the materials, to the technology, to the comfort and luxuriousness. The new car smell is nice to have too. I'll try to be as thorough as I can with this review, touching on some of the good things as well as the iffy things. The 2.0t is a good engine. Although, coming from a naturally aspirated V6, the turbo four took some getting used to. It has somewhat of a classic turbo feel where it feels like nothing, nothing, and then you're flying. It's a smooth transition between boost and non-boost, so I can't complain there. You kind of have to learn how to drive this car and work the pedal, but once you get used to it, this engine feels smooth, refined, quick and peppy. Great engine note as well. The 10-speed also took some getting used to. Being that this has twice the amount of gears my last car had, it has been a bit of an adjustment. You feel more gear shifts than you would in most cars. However, in sport mode, the transmission feels very lively and it shifts quick. You do feel the shifts transmit into the cabin every now and then but it's nothing I can't forgive. Even in normal mode, the transmission keeps the engine in the meat of its power while keeping the RPMs at an efficient level. The only thing I wish from this transmission was that it was better at downshifting. When you step on it, it hunts for gears a little before picking the right one. Best steering feel out of any midsize sedan. I test drove the Camry, Mazda 6, Sonata, Optima, Malibu, Legacy, and the Altima. Accord won it. I also test drove the Kia Stinger and Tesla Model 3, each for a full day, and felt that the Accord really does come shockingly close to those cars in terms of feedback. It's talkative but also polished and expensive. Whenever I let a friend take it around the block, they always note how the steering has zero vagueness and how slick it feels. As for the handling, this is an Accord. However, it's a dynamic feeling Accord. It won't get your heart rate pumping as you whip through a backroad, but the chassis feels flat and stable for a big sedan. I'm able to toss this thing around a corner no problem. This car blends a nice soft sprung suspension with firm and communicative handling very well. My G35x may have had more raw grip, but the Accord has less body lean and better steering communication. I have no complaints with the handling of this car. The Accord is also extremely roomy. Back seat is far roomier than a Jeep Grand Cherokee I was looking at. A 6'3 person could sit back there and be perfectly comfortable on a long drive. Very high quality materials in the back seat as well as the front. It's a nice place to be. The Accord is also wide on the interior. My old car, I felt like I was constantly bumping elbows with my passenger. In this car, there's an insane amount of space between the driver and passenger seat with a nice big center console over it. Very luxurious feeling having that open space. Overall, you get tons of headroom, legroom and storage. The seats are comfortable and the leather looks and feels high quality. Even the design of the seats, with the wide bolsters around the shoulder area as well as the overall curvature looks very premium and feels good to sit in. The leather around the steering wheel is nice and smooth. The buttons feel super solid to touch. I love the attention to detail, like the fact that the ring around the climate control dials changes from blue to red depending on where you turn it, and the little welcome song when you get in the car. The infotainment has amazing graphics, responds like a tablet screen, is relatively easy to navigate and is packed with features. Voice commands respond flawlessly. Doors have a solid thunk to them. Headlights just light up the whole road. Love the little boost gauge that pops up when you put the car in sport mode, it's just a neat little party trick to show people and I love looking at it. Oh, and I can literally start the car from my bedroom. How cool is that?! I can't get over how much I love this car. There are some things to note, though. The infotainment screen has some glitches when it comes to apple car play connectivity. I was using spotify through car play, and the screen froze. Sometimes spotify is very glitchy through apple car play, opening menus I didn't select and things of that nature. Most of the time it works, but there has been a few instances where it gave me a bit of trouble. I also wish the 10-speed was better at downshifting, like I mentioned above. It's a great transmission, aside from that. Other than those slightly iffy things, the Accord has been a great car and I'm loving every bit of it!

The best engineered car for the money

derelicte78, 03/08/2020
Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

Unbelievable car for the money. Was looking for a 2nd car and had outgrown my Focus ST. Already have an Odyssey so needed a vehicle that I could commute, take 3 kids to their events, and go around town. Considered going Outback or CUV, but kept coming back to the Accord as I value driving dynamics and comfort. A CUV only gives you 50% of that, and for 95% of my life, I don't need AWD and our minivan can handle hauling gear. The amount of care that went I to designing this car is evident. From the huge backseat/trunk, the climate control buttons that light up blue or red depending on which way you turn them, the rearview mirror that's the same shape as the rear window, and well designed center armrest, Honda really nailed the small things well. As far as driving, I miss having a manual transmission, but the 10spd is excellent, doesn't hunt and the engine really pulls and you can use regular gas! I find the cabin really quiet (for the class) on the road and it handles so well. As far as cost to own, it's low maintenance, doesn't have the extra maintenance an AWD system would require and insurance rates for me were on par or lower than other vehicles in it's class and outside that I cross shopped with. I have only 2 knocks and they are minor for me. The sound system is not that great for being a premium one, but it's not horrible. I also kept bumping my right knee into the center console that angles out which is hard plastic. There's a soft padded section under that curve and it took awhile to find a seating position where my knee didn't bump, but it's a slightly lower driving position than I would prefer. Only you can decide whether a car meets your needs or not and so much is subjective (looks, feel, image), but while not popular anymore sedans can meet so many daily needs and this is one of the best. Plus, since they're not selling as well, you can get a killer deal on Accords now! I got close to 20% off msrp on a touring model with only 4 miles on it!

Greatly improved Accord

John, 03/12/2020
EX 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I truly enjoy navigation from my phone and 38 mpg over 2100 miles. I have been adjusting to cvt on takeoff and finding sweet spot for cruising interstate. It corners great. Definitely worth upgrade to EX and sometimes would appreciate leather for I am concerned about staining the seats. I hear scotts stain guard would help protect the seats. Looking forward to 1200 mile road trip over Easter break. Happy Hondaring!

Ad
Build Your Accord
At a Glance:
  • 8 Colors
  • 5 Trims
  • $25,270starting MSRP

Beautiful car

Jackie, 03/22/2020
LX 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I spent hours researching for a car.The Honda Accord is the top car to buy.Safety features,and affordable.

2020 Accord Touring

Accord2020TX, 06/15/2020
Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I have only had the vehicle one week and will update this as needed. First off, the car needed an alignment from the time I took delivery. I chalked up the floaty all over the road feeling to not being used to this vehicle. After a day driving of driving I realized that was not the case and dropped by my local dealer. The tech took me on the ride with him and said it was definitely pulling to the right. The solution was an alignment. That solved the problem but on my way home from the dealer I got a "Tire Pressures Low" light in my instrument cluster. I checked all tires with a gauge and they were the same pressure. Contacted the dealer and they advised the tech did nothing with the tires or pressures. They walked me through recalibrating the TPMS. Light went off. The next day the light returned after about 25 minutes of driving. Again, I checked the pressures and there was no issue. I dropped by my local dealer again to have them check the tires for nails, etc. Nothing in the tires so they reset something else in the vehicle. So far the light has stayed off. This is not something I expected to happen to a vehicle with less than 300 miles on the odometer. My next issue is that my key fob did not registered with the vehicle. When I got in the car the driver's seat did not move into it's normal position I have saved. I realized this after a few minutes of driving and I felt like I was sitting further back from the dash than usual. I looked at the door and saw that it was not set to driver 1. None of the driver setting lights on the door were illuminated. The key had been in the car the entire time since it was started so I am not sure why my settings were not remembered upon start-up of the vehicle. Other than these issues the car does have pros: Nice interior No issues w/road noise as others have stated Roomy but the car doesn't drive like it's a big car Smooth ride Adaptive cruise is smoother than the 2017 Accord I had Cons: 10 spd transmission needs a couple of seconds to kick down when attempting to speed up. Plan your lane changes with this in mind. Stereo system could be better. Sounds tinny with lots of different music types. Not a fan of the push button gear selector. Maybe I'll get used to it?

12345...15