2017 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Safety Review
By Ashley

2017 Honda Accord Sedan Sport Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have to say I have owned many accords and a Honda Pilot, I recently sold my 2000 Honda accord EX-L V6 and purchased the 2017 sport special edition sedan about 3 months ago to drive to work which is about 65 miles round trip per day. Last week I was turning left into a shopping center and out of no where I was hit in the side by a motorcycle going 60 mph plus, I did not feel a thing, air bags deployed with no white powder or smell and no loud noise. This was my very first time being in a car that air bags deployed, this car kept me safe with no injuries (guy driving motorcycle had no major injuries luckily) Thank you Honda for making a safe vehicle and so well built that no air bags injured me. If you are looking for a car that gets great gas mileage and very safe, then then is the car. Looks great, drives great, with a great price.

Not for rear seat passengers but okay car
By Djinn

2017 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This may sound crazy but before buying get on a highway at about 65 or 70 and get behind a semi, not close but normal distance. The entire car vibrates and shakes. My 7 yr old gets car sick in the back seat only in this car after about 20 minutes of driving. Other than the windshield wipers being slow in heavy rain these are my only complaints. Peppy 4 banger with AC off, bit sluggish when on. Can't speak for CVT versions.

My second Honda Accord.
By Joe

2017 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Honda Accord. I owned the first one for 14 years. Very reliable car. The new Accord has more power for a 4 cylinder and handling is even better than my 2003. I leased this 2017 car in June and got a great no down payment and reasonable monthly payments lease. While it offers a lot more entertainment options I am not thrilled with the touchscreen controls. Somewhat slow response time and overall just too much to think about while driving. The steering wheel controls do help some. I heard this was redone for the 2018 model. Overall very happy with the Accord.

Nice Ride
By Oliver G

2017 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

love the sport trim, great looking car, good in gas, enough hp for a 4 cylinder.

Good car. Hard ride.
By John Van Schoor

2017 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L w/Navigation and Honda Sensing 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The main problem apparently is the discomfort in the ride. The suspension feels like a sports car and give a very bumpy ride. I asked if it came with adjustable shock absorbers, it doesn't. Many good features including acceleration, brakes, steering, gas mileage above that advertised. Very local 24 mpg, open road 35 to 40 mpg. Seats are somewhat small and hand brake in center is kind of obsolete. If you like the sports feel, this is your car.