Used 2017 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

Used Accord for Sale
Select your model:
12345...36

Pros
Cons

Honda loyalist no longer

Joel vanderhill, 12/14/2016
EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Dissapointment! After 30'years of driving Hondas, My 2017 Accord does not live up to Honda quality. My last Accord a 2013 was a much better car. The new car has a shudder in the steering at highway speeds that is not correctable. The steering is also unstable. With no surface interference (wind, road crown) the car will not go straight. It floats and needs continuous correction. Honda's suspension retuning has apparently failed.'The dealer has balanced and aligned wheels, replaced all tires and tried other cars of the same trim line and they all exhibit the same idiosyncrasies. Very sad. I have an iPhone SE with 10.1.1 which pairs fine with the Bluetooth Handsfreelink, however the connectivity is horrible. It rarely takes an audio command, often does not pick up a call, cuts in and out rendering it unusable. After many calls to Honda and Apple I Have given up. Back to handheld. Very sad. The back up camera was improperly installed and replaced but it is such an inferior optic it is useless at night and sketchy in daylight. No more Hondas for me. I am not a big fan of the style change either but the basics, drivability and technology are safety issues that are unforgivable for Honda. Very sad and I will shop for another brand after suffering through this lease.

New 2017 Accord LX Sedan Overview

Paul S., 01/04/2017
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my basic Accord LX for a month now. It's a great car for the price: quality, steering, comfort, brakes, climate controls, even the CVT is great. The only issue I have is with the mileage. I'm driving mainly at low speeds around the city - and I'm averaging 18mpg. According to other owners, the CVT (in reg or econ modes) at low speeds (under 30mph) does not get the advertised 26mpg. I put it in S gear now below 30mph. After I got the speed up - and out on the highway - mpg is right where it should be in re or econ modes. I'm happy with the car

Great Car with a few flaws

Jarrod Manna, 01/09/2017
Sport Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned my 2017 Accord Sport Special Edition for about a month now. I upgraded to this car from a 2006 Honda Accord. Keeping my cars for several years, I require my vehicles to be dependable. That's why I stuck with Honda. My 2006 Accord was a great car that gave me zero problems for ten years. It only had 115k miles on it but I wanted something new. Needless to say, upgrading to a 2017 model, was a no-brainer. With that being said, even though I enjoy my new Accord, it's not perfect. I'm not achieving the advertised mpg of 26 city. I'm averaging closer to 21/22 in town. I use the Econ feature and keep it in "D" not "S" mode, so I'm not sure why my mpg is slow low. Could using the heater lower the mpg that much? Hmm... Perhaps I still need to break it in. However, city driving is a joy. Not only is the car comfortable, easy and fun to drive, I'm noticing other drivers breaking their necks to check it out. It's a nice feeling to see others taking notice of this attractive car. For a practical midsize sedan, I think it looks great! The interior screams luxury with the red stitched black leather interior and cool dash. The speedometer features a color ring that changes from white to green when you reach efficient driving. I mean, whaaat?!? I don't have the dual-screen infotainment, but I'm glad about that. It just seems too much. I don't think I'd use it that much anyway. The audio speakers are average at best. You'd think Honda would install better than average speakers but again, nothing's perfect. The car drives a little different at higher speeds. It seems I have to "control" the car more than my old 2006 model. It kinda wants to veer a bit on the highway, making for a little less comfortable ride. Are the 19" wheels the culprit? You tell me. Overall, I'm very happy with my 2017 Honda Accord Sport Special Edition. It's a beautiful, fun and quality made car which I look forward to driving over the next ten years.

2017 Honda Accord coupe v6 poor mans sports coupe

Chuck Katz, 09/02/2018
EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

5.5 0-60. accelerates great in traffic. not too many coupes left, hope they bring it back in the 2020 year

Don't need navigation

JR, 10/02/2016
EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

You can hook up your phone and use Google maps on the touch screen via Android Auto (or a similar iPhone app). Handles great and comfortable ride.

12345...36