Used 2008 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 801 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

10 yr old EX-L V6 just the trick!
By R-Dub

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you can find one that has been really taken care of, you won't be disappointed! Great ride, acceleration, and response. Drove 2,160 miles to deliver it to my daughter in KY and the EX-L V6 was a beast on the highway!

First car I've bought
By Eduardo

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this accord for about 2 years never had an issue only oil, tires and gas runs great. I've bought some aftermarket parts that work amazing new key, back up camera, android head unit, led headlights and tail lights very easy to install everything lots of help on YouTube. First car I've ever bought and best car I've ever owned.

Stay away from these accords
By Alex

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 90k miles on it. Ran decently good. At 96k miles had to replace vtc actuator made horrible noise upon start up I always used 5w20 synthetic been as required, replaced timing chain, lower ball joints wear very quickly replaced them 6 months back to back 3 times. Inner and outer tie rod ends twice, they burn oil like crazy. I added 1-1/2 quarts in between oil changes. Power steering pump leaks, the rack and pinion leaks then starts clunking. And has to be don't on alignment machine. Sway bar bushings twice, calipers relaxed twice on front, Honda said they know the issue that they used calipers on different vehicles and they're not made right and pads will clunk as well. The Honda emblems peel, the front grill chrome bubbles up. Car shakes when stopping. I've had it aligned twice and they say its perfect, and tires rotated and balanced. Starter went out at only 100k miles, check engine light comes on over, and over fix one thing then there's something else. Dealership says all is normal and cars supposed to burn oil it's normal, it's a crock of bs. Honda is now horrible, I love my old Hondas simple and easy reliable and dependable. This this is a hunk of crap. Only good thing I can say is has great gas mileage. Oh and ac works when it wants to. Honda to us all a favor stop send schematics back to Japan and let 🇯🇵 Japan build Honda they do a awesome job. These cars now suck. I've put over 6k just on maintenance only owned it 2 years and Honda wouldn't help for nothing. I sold it at 114k miles and traded it for a Toyota with 200k miles just to get it outta my site. Huge loss but my Toyota truck is awesome 200k miles and is way better than pos accord. Unbelievable Honda used to be unstoppable.

231,000 miles ... going strong ... great car.
By Thomas

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car new and have driven it cross country many times. Very comfortable ... great road car on HWY 1 along the coast. This is my 4th Honda ... best one yet. Excellent traction in snow..

RELIABLE
By Steve

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car except for road noise.