Used 2008 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 798 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Stay away from these accords
By Alex

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 90k miles on it. Ran decently good. At 96k miles had to replace vtc actuator made horrible noise upon start up I always used 5w20 synthetic been as required, replaced timing chain, lower ball joints wear very quickly replaced them 6 months back to back 3 times. Inner and outer tie rod ends twice, they burn oil like crazy. I added 1-1/2 quarts in between oil changes. Power steering pump leaks, the rack and pinion leaks then starts clunking. And has to be don't on alignment machine. Sway bar bushings twice, calipers relaxed twice on front, Honda said they know the issue that they used calipers on different vehicles and they're not made right and pads will clunk as well. The Honda emblems peel, the front grill chrome bubbles up. Car shakes when stopping. I've had it aligned twice and they say its perfect, and tires rotated and balanced. Starter went out at only 100k miles, check engine light comes on over, and over fix one thing then there's something else. Dealership says all is normal and cars supposed to burn oil it's normal, it's a crock of bs. Honda is now horrible, I love my old Hondas simple and easy reliable and dependable. This this is a hunk of crap. Only good thing I can say is has great gas mileage. Oh and ac works when it wants to. Honda to us all a favor stop send schematics back to Japan and let 🇯🇵 Japan build Honda they do a awesome job. These cars now suck. I've put over 6k just on maintenance only owned it 2 years and Honda wouldn't help for nothing. I sold it at 114k miles and traded it for a Toyota with 200k miles just to get it outta my site. Huge loss but my Toyota truck is awesome 200k miles and is way better than pos accord. Unbelievable Honda used to be unstoppable.

231,000 miles ... going strong ... great car.
By Thomas

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car new and have driven it cross country many times. Very comfortable ... great road car on HWY 1 along the coast. This is my 4th Honda ... best one yet. Excellent traction in snow..

RELIABLE
By Steve

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car except for road noise.

Awesome mid size car! Very reliable vehicle!
By Karen C. Akron, Ohio

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Honda Accord is a car that you can rely on! It has a pretty good four cylinder engine and has great quality features, inside and outside! I would highly think about purchasing another Accord in the future if I was in the market for a mid-size four-door car!

Good workhorse car
By Rose Norman

2008 Honda Accord LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The year 2008 was not really a good year for Honda Accords, lots of recalls, including a problem with the engine oil. I have had this car since 2010, buying it used from its second owner. If our Honda dealer didn't have really good service, I probably would not have kept it, but after I got the engine oil recall problem fixed, it has been pretty good. The best things about it are that it is very comfortable to drive long distances, the trunk and interior holds a lot of stuff (I don't travel light), and it has good pickup for highway driving (I drive fast). It regularly gets 31-31mpg on the highway. It does have a problem right now that is causing me to want to sell is. This year last time, it wouldn't start. I called AAA and they said it was not the battery (battery is 2 years old, from the dealer), and they couldn't tell what did cause it, but they got it started, and it didn't happen again until last week, a whole year. I was able to get it started the same way the AAA guy did, hold down the accelerator and keep cranking. But I still don't know what causes it. I just did an Edmunds appraisal that said it was worth only $2747 private party, so I am thinking it's time to trade.