Used 1997 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

Used Accord for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...38

Pros
Cons

1997 Honda Accord

Paul, 03/14/2016
LX 4dr Sedan

Simply the best car I have ever owned. Have owned Gm, Chrysler, etc and they don't compare reliability wise. Simple car, which is why they last as long as they do. 250k, tires, oil changes and brakes. Fantastic car....

Best Car I've ever owned

Brian, 11/13/2010

Bought it with 70,000 and currently has 227,000 replaced 1 half axle, 1 battery, upper bushing on front. 34 mpg on highway w/ cruise combined around 28 mpg. At one point at about 110,000 it would just shut off as if I turned the key off but would catch in gear again b/c of it being a 5 speed standard. I called Honda and they told me that it had been recalled for bad ignition switch. Made an appt at the local dealer. Honda replaced everything. igniton switch, points, plugs, cap, wires and even an oil change at NO COST.. Now that's SERVICE! In fact I just bought my wife a 2004 Accord EX.

Great Car! Very solid!

Stephen, 03/10/2016
LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 3 years and it has been almost perfect for me! It only has 102,000 miles on it and it could go on forever. I have recently just had to fix the transmission a bit because the torque converter locked up but that is due to most of my driving is done on the highway because I am a college student who drives 250 miles home twice a month or so. The engine is a tank and will run forever. No major complaints about this car at all. It was and still is my first car and I am looking to get many more years out of it. It is the perfect first car! It is not flashy, nor will it make anyone impressed, but it gets the job done efficiently. Honda is known for their solid cars and this is just another solid, well build car. I even put in an aftermarket touchscreen stereo and speakers. This car is very easy to modify or change out little things. 9.5/10

Not a Viper but awesome still

Darling, N, 06/25/2008

I have had this car almost 2 years and only had to do oil changes (on time, always). My mechanic can never find anything else to do with it. It isn't fast, like my Accord Sedan was, but it is comfortable, quiet, and very good on gas, about 30 mpg-awesome for a wagon! It has good ergonomics; all gadgets are easily accessible, seats are well placed but I am short so I wish the seats could adjust more. The front windows are slow, but overall this car is a 9 1/2. IT is a typical Honda-reliable to the bone.

Good Car

tim d, 11/10/2009

My wife had one of these for her first new car. Very reliable, easy to maintain and drive. Mileage was 30MPG combined, which was exceptional. A few minor problems: clutch start interlock switch (fixed myself) and a/c condenser kept getting stopped up with leaves and spilling water on floor (dealer wanted $200 to install a screen to keep this from happening). Fairly fun to drive and reasonably fast for a basic car. We had the coupe, but should have spent the money on the sedan so we could get more use out of it after we had kids.

12345...38