Used 1993 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Excellent all around vehicle
By Steve

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new 16 years ago. Now has 175K and it still runs well and looks good. It has needed some repairs recently, which I would expect with all the miles, but overall it has been an excellent and very reliable car. The four cylinder engine is economical delivering 23 city/28 highway, yet offers plenty power to "get up and go". Easy to drive, with excellent handling characteristics. Comfortable seats and nice view of the road with low dashboard and large windshield. Economical to operate and maintain. Tires wear like iron, I get almost 50K miles on a set of tires. Brakes last a long time too.

Comfortable seats, peppy engine, economical to operate.

Better sound attenuation. Road noise is more pronounced than competitors in same class. A few weak spots in design... temp control knob breaks, and front brake rotors get warped near the end of brake pad life.

Best car ever
By BPolston

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Bought it in 97 with 40000 miles on it. It now has 271000 and still is going strong. No oil burning just keep up on the maintenance. Four starters, has original alternator and struts. Rear brake shoes have not been replaced yet.

Gas mileage (around 32 mpg). Startup in morning and just take off.

Front brake rotors are hard to replace and they warp easily.

16 Years And Still Going
By marko

1993 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I figured I wouldn't keep my new Accord for more than 10 years, tops. 16 years later it's still going strong. The only major repairs have been clutch, master & slave brake cylinders, radiator, oil seals and an engine mount. I also had the timing belt and water pump replaced twice but only as preventative measures, not because they failed. Not bad for a 16-year-old car. We kept thinking about trading it in but thought "why?" it's been such a good car. The A/C still blows cool even on the hottest days in Phoenix. It also gets excellent gas millage (30 MPG). New Accord seats are too stiff on long drives so we won't replace with a new one. They don't make them like this anymore.

Reliability, Fuel Economy, Comfort

Break cylinders have to be hammered off so break jobs cost more. Front end is low so it hits parking lot stops. Temp control cable sticks when not adjusted for a few months. Had to replace the control knob a few times. A/C could be cooler. I think all Hondas are known for their weak A/C.

Best Car I Ever Had!
By Best Car I Ever Had

1993 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I've had Volkswagens and Studebakers, but out of all of those cars, this is the best car I have owned. My husband bought it a week before my son was born. Now after 11 years of ownership, it still runs strong. The seats are comfortable and durable, my son loves the back armrest a lot. I love the space in the back (it's a station wagon). It has never left me stranded on the freeway. I've driven state to state in the car and when the gas reserve light comes on, it gives me a lot of time to go tank up. But now, the paint is fading (it's dark red), it's getting worn out and it's time to go.

Acceleration of the engine, reliability!!!

None. The car's too good.

Accord is #1
By doofus

1993 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I've had my Accord since I bought it new in 1993. It is ultra-reliable. I've replaced only tires, brakes, and exhaust in 15 years of ownership. I plan to sell it in the next month or so. Having bought the car for $13,000 and considering it's resale value of about $2000 there is no better value in the automotive industry. Can't wait to get my hands on the 2009!

Mileage 25-30 MPH Reliability