Used 2019 GMC Yukon SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Yukon for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Yukon

Yukon , 05/09/2019
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Very frustrating and disappointed that the A/C had a faulty muffler line assembly off the compressor . Had at the dealer at 740 miles found no refrigerant in system filled system added dye leak detection. Two weeks later May 7 2019 took truck back the dealer system not cooling. Replaced mentioned part and filled system seems to be working now . How can this have happened??

GMC Still has drive train issues

Don Anderson, 01/10/2021
Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 10A)

Vibrations issues that start at 45 mph. After ruling out tire issues, 3 sets of tires later, GMC is trying to find the issue which has been a problem with the GM truck/Suv line since 2015. Currently my GMC dealer has had my Yukon for 3 weeks working on the issue. Yukon overall is a very comfortable, fuel efficient SUV with some issues.

Big transmission problems at 55,000 miles

Former GM customer, 02/03/2021
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I had no idea there were any known transmission problems with 2015-2019 GM vehicles, but I'm very aware of that now through personal experience with this vehicle and after having done some research. I drove my previous Yukon (2013 SLT) to 165,000 miles without ANY PROBLEMS at all. I literally just changed the oil and rotated the tires/replaced tires when needed. Nothing else ever went wrong with the 2013. I decided to trade for the 2019 because it's a beauty, and I fell in love with it. It has been a good and dependable vehicle for the most part, but it started making a harsh whining noise with cold start-ups at about 50,000 miles. The noise seemed to originate underneath the vehicle at about the level of the front seats, and that just got progressively worse in a relatively short amount of time. It was so loud that I was embarrassed to start my car at work if anyone was around. Of course the dealership "couldn't hear the noise" (which is BS because is was obnoxiously loud). I finally told them that I had read about the known transmission issues in this vehicle and I was CERTAIN that there was a transmission problem, and if they didn't figure it out I was going to take all of my future business elsewhere. Lo and behold, they found some pretty significant transmission issues (shocker). Gears were ground down and my transmission fluid was foul-smelling and orange-brown. I hoped for (and requested) a new transmission but they are currently replacing the only the severely damaged parts of my transmission because "that is all they were able to negotiate with my power train warranty company". I plan to trade as soon as I get her back because I feel that I've been deceived from the very beginning, and I should have received a new transmission. I drive a lot of interstate miles, some at night, and I don't trust that this is the end of her issues. I will NEVER buy another GM vehicle, nor will I do business with this dealership again in the future. There is no way that they weren't aware of the likelihood of transmission issues in this vehicle. I feel like they were trying to placate me until my powertrain warranty ran out in 5000 miles, and now they're just putting a bandaid on what I believe is a much bigger problem. It is a BEAUTIFUL vehicle, and I will be really sad to say goodbye to her.

51050