Used 2008 GMC Yukon SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Yukon for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Overall a Great Vehicle

AnnePl, 12/07/2019
SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My Yukon has nearly 190k miles on it, and only has a few minor issues. The brake pedal is out of adjustment, which interferes with the cruise kicking on. I’ve had to re-dye the leather on the steering wheel, and the back-up assist isn’t working, due to a faulty sensor. Other than that, the vehicle has not been in the shop since I bought it in 2016. I’ve put 60k miles on it since I bought it. For the age & mileage, I am very happy with this vehicle.

SUV love hate relationship

TC, 02/15/2020
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love my 2008 Denali but it does have some reliability issues. I have owned it for 6 years and have had to have the rear differential re built once and the transmission twice. The door handles have been replaced twice and now I have a broken one again. They are poorly designed cheesy plastic. Great truck to drive but more issues keep popping up. My truck has 119,000 miles on it now and I will be shopping for a replacement soon. Not sure I will replace it with another Denali because of all of the issues.

Settled

Lu, 05/12/2008

I test drove 6 vehicles before I settled for this one. This one wasn't even my 1st choice but I couldn't pass up the great deal I was getting and so far its been good. The handling is pretty good and fuel economy is what can be expected out of an AWD SUV. The vehicle comes with a lot of standard features(denali) like heated seats, remote start, etc. My only real problem is the 3rd row seat. Does not fold down to the ground and is made for children. Other models like the 2008 Toyota Sequoia and 2008 Lincoln Navigator can sit full grown adults back there and does fold down to the ground and other crossovers of GM do this so why not the full size SUVs.

Denali promises but does not deliver

skytop, 05/30/2008

My '08 Denali Yukon XL SUV came to me after GM lemon lawed my first Denali. So now I have a second one. This one had little problems until yesterday. It suddenly dropped dead on the road. It went completely dead. Absolutely nothing worked including the much vaulted OnAtar. It did not work at all. I had to use my cell phone to call the dealer who called OnStar and after a 2 hour wait, a tow truck came and flatbedded the 2 ton dead whale to the dealer. I am sorely outraged that a 4 week old so called 'premier' vehicle should totally drop dead on the road stranding the occupants. The dealer could not determine what the problem is and now I am once again victimized by GM. Bummer!

Misfire Misfire Misfire

Rob, 03/11/2009

Vehicle broke down on us 5 times in less than 6 months, and the dealership could not figure out the problem, or lack of trying to figure out the problem. One day someone got a bright idea to see if any another dealerships are experiencing the same problem, the vehicle will start until it gets hot, but don't turn it off because it won't start up again. Anyhoo, some other dealer was having that same problem and at last it was fixed.

Wow! I'm impressed!

Ohio Yukon, 01/06/2009

I purchased a 2008 4WD GMC Yukon SLE for my wife after she wrecked her 2004 Honda Pilot. We initially were going to purchase another Pilot, however, being the savvy consumer, I also looked at the Dodge Aspen, the GMC Acadia, and the Buick Enclave. While we were at the GMC dealer, my wife noticed the Yukon after she test drove the Buick Enclave. We decided to give it a test drive and Wow! was I impressed. Even after just driving a loaded Buick Enclave the Yukon stood out as a more comfortable, smoother, and much more roomy vehicle. Plus with the $8000 dollar cash back incentive coupled with employee pricing it was an easy decision to make.

World Class

AD, 01/05/2008

I've owned or been around GM products for years. They have evolved over the years into real world class vehicles. This new Yukon is absolutely fabulous. It's huge, but gets reasonable gas mileage for it's size. It's quiet, roomy, classy looking and handles well. We considered the Land Rover LR3, but frankly, don't need and wouldn't use the off road capability. The LR3 is a very nice truck with snob appeal. It's certainly no nicer, and certainly does not have the reliability of a GM product. It's expensive, but in line with it's competitors. Get the 20" wheels and handling improves impressively.

Yukon SLE 4.8

Chuck, 04/02/2008

This is my 6th SUV and I must say it is by far the best. I've only had the Yukon for 2 months and have put 2K miles on it, but so far it has been totally problem free. As it is getting broken in, the performance and gas mileage (currently between 18 and 19) are improving. For its large size it corners really well which I attribute to the stabilizer bars. If put into passing gear around 50, it appears a little anemic, so if I were to do it all over, I may opt for the 5.3 liter or get 3.73 rear end.

Great ride and looks super!

RWT, 04/02/2008

I have owned GM vehicles for 15 years now and this is by far the best I have ever had. I owned mostly 2 Chevys until this one. Looked for over 5 months and compared the Tahoe, Ford and Yukon and it was not close. The Yukon just looked and felt better. I saw the Yukon on the road and it always made me stop and look. Gas is hard, but it is for everyone right now. Only complaint I have is the folding 3rd row seat. Don't know if it is just mine but it is difficult to move and almost impossible to replace is removed. Should have looked at power seats there.

Perfect Truck

Ron, 04/18/2008

Love the Denali. Build quality is much improved. Far more power and even better ride than my previous SUV (Toyota Sequoia) and my 2007 H2.

51050