Used 2007 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 GMC Yukon

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

SLT 4x4 Yukon
By Rob

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD w/3SA (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After coming from a BMW X5 pile of junk, this Yukon is a dream come true. Very comfortable to drive, pleanty of power, love the xm & navigation with back up camera. Not a single problem so far, and gas mileage is much better than the BMW. I look at it as the cost of transportation, how else are you going to get 4-7 people around in one vehicle?

XM radio, back up camera, navigation, OnStar, nice interior

Michelin tires

Love my truck
By kila

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I searched for one year to find a used one that had eveything that I wanted. Ended up with a fully loaded SLT with back up camera and power everything. I was not dissappointed. I looked at several luxury brands and none compared as far as space and quality of ride. We do a lot of trips from 200 to 500 miles and we rode in absolute comfort. Gas mileage isn't that bad for size of the truck. Visually appealing lots of second looks .

Favorite is the backup camera and the and captatins chairs and dvd player for the kids. Driver controls on the steering wheel, onstar verison hands free calling (9.99 a month), power hatch and with remote start the ac is blowing before you get into the car on hot days

Rear seats should fold into the floor and disappear unil needed. They are too heavy for the average mom to remove without assistance.

I love, love, love my truck!
By Wendy

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV w/3SA (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

After driving a mini-van for quite awhile, I was so excited about driving a truck again! In shopping around, we narrowed our choices down to the Yukon, Tahoe, and Armada. Fortunely, we fell upon a rebate that we just couldn't resist on the Yukon! I Love it! It has worked out very well for my children as well. There is plenty of elbow room for them. The rear A/C has been a lifesaver in our Texas heat! It runs smoothly, looks great, and gives us a secure feeling that we are well protected. The gas mileage could be better but we knew that when we bought it. The stereo is great and the instrument panel is well designed. OnStar, XM radio, and remote controls are wonderful. I highly recommend it!

When grocery shopping, the remote control comes in very handy. The interior design is classy and convenient. Rear A/C is a must have!

Obviously the gas mileage could be improved. Also, the cloth interior attracts every piece of lint, hair, and fuzz within a 2 mile radius! It probably isn't such a nuisance in trucks with darker colored interiors. Overall, excellent truck! I highly recommend it to everyone!

Good Vehicle
By Michael

2007 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Very spacious and comfortable. I am surprised on how little cargo storage room there is. It has a huge center console but that is it. Gas stinks but ,hey, it's a big vehicle. The interior is all plastic and the fake wood finish scratches very easily. Even most chrome accents are plastic underneath.

Great take off when excellerating. Love the comfortable seating.

More cargo space. No cubbies to hide and organize items. 3rd row should fold down flat. (Ford Expediition has this feature).Integrated iPod controls not just aux input.

Great Vehicle
By Peavey

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD w/3SA (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned several Suburbans in the past; as we became empty nesters I figured that I didn't need such a large vehicle. We downsized for a while, (tried a Jeep) but finally decided that we really enjoyed the larger size of the Yukons. I've had this vehicle for a year now, put on about 13,000 miles and am rather impressed. Almost no issues; the only problem I've experienced is that the power liftgate does not function consistently when the temp drops below zero (I'm in Minnesota) - but then neither do I. Fit, finish, comfort excellent - smooth vehicle for an SUV. No funny noises, except for an AC belt that occasionaly chirped until it was adjusted.

Interior fit and finish, styling of interior. Great sound system. Vehicle handles great in the winter - very sure footed. Love the power liftgate and the adjustability of the seating.

Predictably, the fuel economy. I average 15 to 16 mpg in mixed driving, about 18-20 on the highway. I can get that with our Dodge Hemi pickup; I'm not impressed. Gearing fa little tall, tranny doesn't downshift soon enough. Front end styling is better on the Tahoes. Remote start has limited range.