Used 1995 GMC Yukon SUV Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 GMC Yukon SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Owner of 1995 GMC YUKON
By Rick

1995 GMC Yukon SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

@233605 Original miles I am some what satisfied, except for transmission issues, on a recent trip out of state to Texas from Idaho, I and wife rented a vehicle because the 95 gmc Yukon we own was manufactured for speeds of 65 mph, the new highway speeds are 80 mph and I didn't want to risk loosing an engine, so I opted to rent which isn't the problem, before we left, I pulled both batteries from my 78 Chevy and my wife's 95 gmc Yukon, since we were going to be gone for 2 weeks I figured, if you were going to steal our vehicles from our drive way, you car thieves had better bring a battery, when we came back, both trucks were there, I reinstalled both batteries and they both started, shortly after that we drove our vehicles to and from work, and my wife informed me that vehicle transmission has a rough engagement from first to second, after I explained this situation to a transmission shop, and had it serviced 12 quarts tranny fluid and filter, I figured that would solve the problem, the problem wasn't servicing, what actually happened when I removed the Battery, the main battery charges the small battery in the ECM, which stores all the parameters of the engine and transmission, I got lucky and found a automotive electric shop for older cars, and what needs to be brought to lite is the ECM had be re flashed to install the original memory, and that would solve the problem, which it did and every thing shifted smoothly, but now im dealing with the reverse on the transmission its slow to engage, so back to the drawing board, but for all those that want to keep there older vehicles, i give you fair warning, parts are becoming hard to find, the parts that are available are not meeting American Standards, Former President Bill Clintons NAFTA allowed American auto parts to be made over seas in foreign countries, and American's are getting junk in the box, even the new cars are getting junk, A prime example. AC DELCO is a subsidiary of GM, and when I watch our mechanic install 3 BRAND NEW AC DELCO ALTENATORS for my wife's 95 GMC YUKON, rite out of the box, the first 3 wouldn't hold charge finally the 4th one did. I know eventually I will need to replace the transmission my only hope is it I get a new one will it be made in America with American made parts or am I going to get a transmission casing with foreign made parts in side. My fingers are crossed. Good luck American's and happy hunting for American made parts. Thanks Rick

Intake Manifold Gasket
By really_big_j

1995 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my truck because it had a completely new engine due to an intake manifold gasket failure.
To my chagrin, I've replaced that same suspect gasket 3 more times.
It's a design flaw, which GM is happy to exploit.

none

Engineer a solution to the know intake manifold problem, which will stick after the repair.

Very Reliable
By Tom Tearney

1995 GMC Yukon SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck has always run very well and I have performed routine maintenance since I purchased it. I use synthetic motor oil and transmission fluid. With 203,000 miles it still runs quiet in the city and highway. I get 19 mpg highway and 14 mpg city. We have thought about getting rid of it but it is now a great third vehicle that serves many purposes.

Reliability and hauling capabilities for people and cargo.

1995 Yukon
By Capt2u

1995 GMC Yukon SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been a great SUV, 156K and going. I've owned it for 10 years, replaced the starter, radiator, alt. regular oil changes and tires thats it! Drive it all over the western U.S. Hauls the boat kids etc. If you need a relaible people moving go to the fun truck, buy one of these!

Space for 5, with toys. Good sound system. Cup holders

More acceleration. Better fuel mileage, but if you have to carry a family, it's the cost of doing business

Yukon Pride
By terri

1995 GMC Yukon SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

We bought our Yukon brand new; just off the truck. We had to go looking for it, because they were new on the market and everyone was wanting one. We have never regreted it. They do not make the 2dr type any more, it is a classic. I have received numerous compliements on the great sporty look it has. It has been extremely reliable and fun to drive. It has leather interior and still a nice looking vehicle. I was hit from behind once and the Yukon was tough and did not sustain much damage even though the lady that hit me with a Suburban had tremendous damage.

I love the way you sit up high, and it is small enough you don't feel like you are driving a bus.

The air conditioning vents were not well thought out because it seems like the driver does not get adequate air. It seems like the passenger is cold and the driver is hot.